RPG Maker MV Parallax mapping

Dapaz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm making a visual novel in mv due to it being battle heavy vn and just understanding it better I need to have transparent tiles that are passable so the PC (Player Character) can walk! around any help?

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's easy, take any blank space on any tileset and set it to passable in the tileset settings, and then draw it over everything. Look your player can now walk on everything. :LZSwink:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm assuming you don't mean real transparency as that would just require making a transparent tilesheet in any imaging program.
I looked up an older post that contains what you need:
You'll use that tilesheet as a B sheet in your maps, set all the passability options for it in the tileset definition and then use it to place the passabilities.
That will give you a visible overlay to see if every passability is correct while making your game.

and just before deployment and distribution, you exchange that file for a completely transparent sheet of the same name, removing the markings but keeping the passability settings.
You just need to remember to change it back before continue to develop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babiboo