Not open for further replies.

Mon Dez

Good Loser
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog/English
Primarily Uses
Aw man my birthday is October 19, thank the heavens!!! MV coming out on the 23rd is basically my birthday gift. :D

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I asked this 1 or to pages ago but i guess i was overread.

If the html5 version can't be encrypted. Are we then allowed to share a download of this version? (ressource packs wise)

Scenaio might be running it offline on a linux pc.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you get the non-steam version, you won't have to be online each time to use it.
Good to know.

Thankyou.

I am stuck on satellite internet, and i can't have it on all the time, data goes out the window when i do.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Sorry if it was laready answered but I kinda stoped Rpg maker for a while so I couldn't follow threads.

1.I would like to know if Javascript will allow us to update game with new scripts without breaking old saves like RGSS did in the past.

2.Will there be a light version to try it out ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For instance, is mapping easier now, without having to resort to parallax mapping to get cupboards at half hieght in front of walls, etc?
Unfortunately us non-testers cn only guess, but they did reveal that there are now two upper layers for B-E tiles, so you can do more without parallax mapping. But parallax mapping is still superior (but also a lot more work) compared to editor mapping.

If you get the non-steam version, you won't have to be online each time to use it.

Steam-Ace always worked in offline-mode, so I don't think you have to have the non-steam-version for offline work...

1.I would like to know if Javascript will allow us to update game with new scripts without breaking old saves like RGSS did in the past.
That was never caused by RGSS, but by the way the scripters wrote their scripts. You can handle old saves in any programming language, the problems were only there because a lot of scripters didn't put in the functions to do that.
And that will be the same for Javascript - if the scripter handles old saves, they will work. if not then not...

redspark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
OMG!  I had just about given up on finding a RPG Maker X-Platform engine and higher resolutions too!  I didn't even bother reading the rest of the product page before I pre-ordered.  Thank you for listening to the community!

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well, there's something that occurred to me just today: Can we talk a bit sound and music a bit, maybe? For example:

- Will MV have more SEs than VX Ace or the same (once again)? If there are the "same" SEs, have they been redone at least?

- What about MIDI? New MIDI device or the same as VX Ace?

- New BGS or MEs?

- anything else new?

I assume you can't tell us much, but maybe there are things you actually can.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
That was never caused by RGSS, but by the way the scripters wrote their scripts. You can handle old saves in any programming language, the problems were only there because a lot of scripters didn't put in the functions to do that.

And that will be the same for Javascript - if the scripter handles old saves, they will work. if not then not...
Thanks for the reply.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi quick question about MV before I order it, I have a game half way done in VX Ace and I would like to import that to MV would it be compatable or would I have to start from scratch?

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made this for fun:

PS: To see the countdown advancing, you have to refresh the page everytime of course.
It can't be 100% accurate, mainly because I have no idea about when it will be released exactly so I guessed at 00:00:00 of October 23th, the timezone is mine btw (UTC+1:00). It's in my profile too if some is curious.

This is a totally shameless way to increase my already crazy amount of profile views, huehuehuehuehue.

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is it possible to buy MV without having to rebuy it again when I get a new computer? I really want to pre-order a stand-alone version of MV. :3

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With Steam you buy on an account, not a computer.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's not just a Steam thing.  This is how most software licences work.  You can put it on any computer but it's only be used on one computer at a time.  Putting it on a new computer when you stop using an older one is expected.

Nutz2Fist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
If I buy the steam copy will I get the pre order bonuses and be able to download from this website also?

Steam would be more convenient for me, but I'd like to have access to the software incase something happens to steam.

I'm trying to decide between buying from here or steam.

YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great! So I just pre-ordered it now, all I wait for is the release. Time to rack up ~1000hours again, and actually make a full-fledged game.

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mine mine mine mine mine mine mine! OuO

And an October release! Happy Halloween indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That sigh when a roaming chicken blocks your move event :/
Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.
"Ugh, so tired of these rivers and lakes." *squints and looks off into the distance* "Oh cool! Is that a waterfall?"
Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neonlunity