RPG MAKER MV PREORDER PAGE IS LIVE!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Archeia, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquallStorm

SquallStorm Resident Persona 5 Hyper Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ahahaha...  -keeps uncomfortably quiet to not spoil hype-  We basically have 11 days at this point.  My only regret with MV is that it's way too close to Tales of Zestiria.  (3 days apart)

2. Kaelan

Kaelan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That sound possible, but probably would require writing a plugin that can read the JSON data and compose the sprite at runtime in-game. It'd probably take some work to write and get a little complicated when you want to start dealing with playing multiple animation tracks on the same sprite and dynamically blending multiple animations together. It's definitely not something that would work out-of-the-box, but it's possible.

Edit: Actually, it looks like pixijs already has support for Spine. Maybe it wouldn't be that much work after all?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  3. DeusEx

DeusEx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Not sure is it right place to ask, but: can anyone suggest me a web hosting for future MV games?

Now for only small traffic - 10-20 visitors per day.

And one more: does it possible to make/order a plugin to place save games in cloud?

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How do you know MV doesn't do it already? Please don't ask for plugins until you know whether they're needed or not (and yeah, this isn't the right place for either question)

5. Carde

Carde Degibeta Team Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Big old thumbs up.jpg for today's videos.

6. AshNaut

AshNaut Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi,

If there are plug-in that can read JSON data, RPG Maker MV could open some new graphic possibilities thanks to javascript.

Live2D that uses JSON could work with RPG Maker MV. It's a japanese software for character animations. It uses bones and meshes animation like Spine, Creature and Spriter (meshes is not yet implemented). There is a free version with limited features and a pro version that cost 1260$.
    http://www.live2d.com/en/

There is an old topic here.
    http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/25398-live-2d/

7. Porcelain

Porcelain Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I hope it's easy to change how MV's upscaling/fullscreen works. The pre-order demo uses some blurry method, which isn't ideal for pixel art.

It would be great if you could force nearest-neighbor with just a code snippet.

I would just use 1080p, but that would be inconvenient for a lot of reasons. Unless you're willing to make bigger tiles and characters, you'd end up with a lot of black space in small rooms. And I'm worried that the touch controls would be difficult to use on a phone with the tiles being so small.

I'm thinking of using 960 x 540 and nearest-neighbor for upscaling so it looks good on 1080p phones.

8. ScoopJohn

ScoopJohn The guy who asks too many questions Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    About time, guys, another one of my favourite plugins revealed! ^.^

I'm gonna talk about it:

[​IMG]

Yep, it sure looks pretty a mess, :p Infact i don't know how you can do a big mess like this, perhaps i'm sure you modified the json map file.

[​IMG]

Ok, that's a very interesting thing, this may be not a good dream anymore, but a reality, huhu ^.^

So, does anyone know how you do a messy map to work with the plugin like this?

9. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nope. That top map is just a map.json file created by the Ace -> MV Converter script, with the tileset copied from the Ace project and not resized.

When you play with the plugin set to 32x32, it gives you the screenshot at the bottom as a result.

To view it properly in the editor, you need TWO copies of the tilesets - one at the "real" size of 32x32, in a new folder, which you point the plugin to, and the other scaled up to match 48x48 tiles, which the editor uses.

This way, you can edit your maps in MV's editor while still using a smaller or larger tile size and sprites for your game.

When you're ready to build, you just move the editor-version tiles out of the way temporarily, so they don't get included.

Makeratore, MikeMakes and Carde like this.
  10. ScoopJohn

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Looks like much a new workout... :p

Now i would have to wait to see if retro sized resolutions with tiny scenes fitting on the screen would be possible. In the meantime, i might see if i'd would use RPG Maker 2000 (i don't have that official english release but the old pirated fantranslation as does many others before that came out) for my EarthBound fangame...

11. Baka-chan

Baka-chan ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Will the events in the game itself follow the 32x32 pixels change via script or still be 48x48 pixels?

12. Probotector 200X

Probotector 200X Probotect and Serve Veteran

Already trying to think up some weird skill ideas based on that plug-in...

Got a good glimpse of several new monster battlers in the Ace to MV conversion video. Mostly variations of Ace enemies (same name and basic theme, but pretty different) but several "SF" battlers. Which range from Feudal Japan to Modern to Sci-Fi, you know, kind of like DS+...

So that 2 hour video. I don't have 2 hours to spare, but I watched some of it. I hope there's still...more to the character generator. I mean, I noticed that some categories have less color schemes to choose from (like skin color, so much for making orange people I guess) There's only one tail, things like that.

Also, around 1:39:44 in the video, he's selecting an SV Battler:

https://youtu.be/9Et35hdNeTM?t=5984

But that scroll bar looks awfully small. It would be kind of disappointing if none of the non-generator characters have SV Battlers (animals, monsters, etc.)

Maybe I'm over-analyzing this.

13. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Baka-chan, events are not based on grid size. They are based on location - coordinates. If an event is at 9,5 on a 48x48 grid, and you, the player, are at 9,6, it will still be at 9,5 and you will still be at 9,6 on a 32x32 grid.

If you have an Ace game with NO script mods/additions and NO script calls in event commands, and you do the following:

1. Run the converter

2. Copy the new .json maps and all the resources into a new MV project

3. Add the plugin and set the tile size to 32

your game will run in MV but with a larger window size. Collision will be based on the coordinates of tiles on the map.

If you also do the following:

1. Copy the tileset image folder into a second folder

2. Resize the images in the first tilesets folder to match a 48x48 tile size

3. Point the plugin at the new (second) image folder

you will be able to edit the maps in MV (and will have an easier time finding the events to edit those as well)

If you're talking about sprites, they will be whatever size you create the sprites, which have never been restricted by grid size.

If this doesn't answer your question, you will need to elaborate more - give context - so I know what you are trying to find out.

14. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    It would be good, I think, if there were a FAQ about MV? I'm seeing the same questions ask over and over again and a lot of misinformation or unclear information floating out there. And I doubt anyone is reading a 63 thread to search, if his question were already answered.

About the plug-ins that are presented in the channel videos, as I understand correctly, those are later freely available? Or are they part of the 37 pre-order plugins?

I think, the battle core looks good, especially the animation sequences, but those are just for sideview battles, right? Anything in there to set up something similiar for frontview? Meaning, moving battlers and the possibility to view the back of the actor sprites.

Shaz likes this.
  15. Baka-chan

Baka-chan ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ Veteran

First Language:
    German
    You answered all I wanted to know, didn't think about the fact that events are placed on x,y coordinates rather than on the grid of the tiles.

16. Xyphien

Xyphien Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I know right. I haven't been excited for something like this since Halo 4. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint me like H4 did XD

17. GorunNova

GorunNova Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    All the game data is in good old .json format? ... heh.  Heh, heh... I am REALLY looking forward to perusing the data file formats and seeing if I can't cook up some procedural generation utilities for this. ^^  *mad scientist-y grin ^_^*

Carde and taarna23 like this.
  18. Ren_K

Ren_K Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I must say that MV has me looking to get back into RM. I've been making games "from scratch" and in various other engines these last several years, but I've always kept and bought copies of RPG maker since the PS1 days even if I never made much in them. I always felt it was at least worth supporting the company/software for the hours of fun they have provided over the years. Considering my Web Development roots, the move to JavaScript has peaked my interest quite a bit. Preorder done :D

Some folks were talking about the lighting in one of the screenshots many pages back and it got me thinking that now that MV is using openGL and that that we seem to have access to that, integrating something like Sprite Lamp should certainly be possible for dynamic lighting. Toying with shaders and such alone will be pretty interesting for the visual appeal of our games.

I don't know, i'm just buzzing with ideas for plugins and such, i need to hit up a few tutorials and get my JS back up to speed while I wait for the 23rd :)

19. ScoopJohn

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Welp, i guess i can't preorder in time since my friend has no job and he earns a bit of money from everyday.

I guess i will miss every plugin that comes with it... :(

20. everybear

everybear Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So the change tile size plugin looks very nice. I do have some questions about it, since it has been revealed I hope someone can answer without breaking the NDA.

I assume it's still possible to change the window size and/or resolution when using a different tile size?

Can the plugin allow for grids BIGGER than 48x48 as well as the smaller tiles of VX Ace?

Does this affect the size of battlebacks, enemies, character battlers, at all? 

What about parallax mapping? Collision detection will be on a 32x32 grid if the tile size has been changed, right? Parallaxes still need to be sized for whatever tile size you are using, yes? 

edit to add: state animations! Are those part of the Side view battle by default? None of Yanfly's battle videos have mentioned them yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.