∊η∊ηra

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In a nutshell, because you won't have to be a hardcore sprite artist to make animated sprites, individually drawing out each frame of animation. Spriter lets you use individual parts of a sprite (head, torso, limbs), connect those parts with joints, and create and record animations on the fly, just by moving the parts in Spriter.

In theory, you could also export all the pieces of a character you make in MV, reassemble them in Spriter, and make more animations for your characters...
Thanks Yurixy and Golemancer for filling me in. Now I can see what all the hype is about lol. Can't wait.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I will stop for 2D lives.....it's writen with JSON format :/ so OBVIOUSLY you can use it

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So you don't export  animation sprite frames (e.g. png files) created in Spriter Pro and insert it into the game graphics folders?

Last edited by a moderator:

Siskan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
I don't really see how Spriter Pro and Live2D could ever be compared. The only thing they have in common is animation.

Spriter Pro offers jumping-jack type animations which will only come accross as a lazy shortcuts, especially if you work with pixel art where there will always be some terribly ugly pixel distortions on top of the unnatural animation. Handmade frames is the way to go.

Live2D on the other hand... When I first read about it I was extremely excited. The possibilities of turning some true 2D art into animated characters which look even better than 3D models is truly remarkable. Only within its current limitations however. But as we can hear in the video posted earlier, that's hopefully about to change.

tati light

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So you don't export  animation sprite frames (e.g. png files) created in Spriter Pro and insert it into the game graphics folders?
You can do that, but that requires a huge amount of CPU, Memory and Disk Space, while an implemented API will be able to handle heavier animations with lesser GPU/CPU requirements.

midnyte64

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have to ask, if I preorder RPG Maker MV on this site, why does it ask for a shipping address, I was under the impression that it was digital only. Some clarification would be useful.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have to ask, if I preorder RPG Maker MV on this site, why does it ask for a shipping address, I was under the impression that it was digital only. Some clarification would be useful.
Billing.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Digital only, probably used for billing purposes.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Billing, plus if we ever have to confirm your identity to replace your key.

midnyte64

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I also seen on the preorder page that 1 key lets you activate both steam and non steam versions? Does that also apply to those that preorder through steam?

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I also seen on the preorder page that 1 key lets you activate both steam and non steam versions? Does that also apply to those that preorder through steam?
no.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
No, it doesn't. That's a perk only for those who order through this site.

Edit: ninja'd!

cygnus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question. Is it possible to modify the number of accessory slots? I'm trying to think of an easy way to create an "ability" system. (Equip accessory = have abilities equipped; unequip, lose abilities).

I don't want my characters to learn abilities permanently. I'd prefer it if they could have a fixed number of abilities (which gives them a certain character archetype), and then have four "free slots" for other abilities. I want them to permanently keep four sets of skills (some of which are passive skills, always active), and then have the four "free slots."

I think that accessories would be the best way to approach this. Does anyone know how many accessory slots a character can have?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As displayed by the screenshot on facebook weeks ago, the equipment system is no longer on a fixed number of slots, you can make as many slots as you want.

midnyte64

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks to everyone who has helpped answer my questions.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Question. Is it possible to modify the number of accessory slots? I'm trying to think of an easy way to create an "ability" system. (Equip accessory = have abilities equipped; unequip, lose abilities).

I don't want my characters to learn abilities permanently. I'd prefer it if they could have a fixed number of abilities (which gives them a certain character archetype), and then have four "free slots" for other abilities. I want them to permanently keep four sets of skills (some of which are passive skills, always active), and then have the four "free slots."

I think that accessories would be the best way to approach this. Does anyone know how many accessory slots a character can have?
Yes you can. You can modify equipment slots to however many you want and potentially create a psuedo-materia system out of it for temporary skill learning.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see a few things from each of the action sequence packs that will be useful for me. Exciting. One thing I haven't seen in the action functions is the ability to scale a target over a set amount of frames. Between the camera movement and target movement options scaling would be a great and useful feature.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
A rarely asked question: Can normal weapons be capable of multiple hits (and the maximum number of hits)?  I have a weapon type list mapped out and all but a few hit twice or more (max 16).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A rarely asked question: Can normal weapons be capable of multiple hits (and the maximum number of hits)?  I have a weapon type list mapped out and all but a few hit twice or more (max 16).
Several different answers for that one.
No one really knows what features will be available, but Ace had a feature for multiple hits that could be added to weapons.

It only worked with default attack (was coded in the engine that way), but the way it was handled could be changed by scripts.

So it will be possible in MV as well, but we can't tell how the default works or if you'll need a plugin for what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm play DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luspeon