Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be absolutely insane if RTP edits weren't allowed anymore.
Don't forget that a lot of the discussion around getting the resources for editing was started by someone who wanted that without purchasing the engine.

While in the past you could get those resources by the separate RTP package, that was never the intention of that package - and Degica has stated in answer that this time, you need to purchase the engine to get the resources.

And that never was different - you always had to purchase the engine to get the licence to make edits of the default resources, even if you could get the resources without that.

I don't know how they will handle it with MV (I'm not one of the testers and don't know more about it than anyone else), but my guess is that without a separate RTP package, you're simply forced to use the export function of the editor to get the resources for edit.

You shouldn't forget: even if there is no RTP, the resources can't be protected when deploying by HTML5. So it would be really stupid to create artificial blocks for access from the editor when a simple project export gets you everything you want.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Speaking of the RTP being built-in, I'm a little concerned that we may have to manually remove any RTP files we don't use from the game folder to prevent any 5-minute game being 500 MB. I'm almost sure Enterbrain isn't that stupid, but there's still a chance.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I think, it shouldn't be a problem accessing the resources once you have MV, just a matter of locating the right folder, I guess. But since they are part of the program, I'm concerned regarding the sharing of said edits and if it is okay to do or not.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That Android gameplay demo was pretty laggy. Not very impressed.

hmind

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
This guy has some Vids.
this hurts to watch and hear :unsure: :distrust:   he obviously has no clue of what he's doing, starting with the assumption that people use jpeg in game developement >_>   .. rushing all through ..  calling it a "getting started.."

It would be absolutely insane if RTP edits weren't allowed anymore. That would destroy a large part of what this community is about, since only a few talented people can make graphics from scratch here.
i doubt it.. that would mean you couldn't even share your generated characters here and as stated the community's many resources popping up for free is what drives the rm team

Last edited by a moderator:

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
One week (and several hours probably) to go! This is crazy! It just seems so close!!

Ugh, I was hoping to accomplish something in Ace before MV came out, but I've been so busy this last week. Bah, other things getting in the way of my RPG Making.

ScoopJohn

The guy who asks too many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Where's that plugin that allows you to put in crystals to power up a weapon? I remember seeing a little preview of it from few episodes ago...

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure how you could take me that seriously when I'm straight out saying if you don't follow the link to the blog you will miss all my work that is obviously brilliant.
Replied to you but angry blue monster with the ability to make things disappear is what got me thinking that. So not so much for you. More for the lvl 40 blue thingy.

EDIT: Finally watched the actual android video to see the idle animations for the enemies. That looks promising. Can't wait to dabble.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It would be absolutely insane if RTP edits weren't allowed anymore. That would destroy a large part of what this community is about, since only a few talented people can make graphics from scratch here.
I wouldn't worry about it. The custom parts come from the RTP anyway.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
i doubt it.. that would mean you couldn't even share your generated characters here and as stated the community's many resources popping up for free is what drives the rm team
Just FYI, if you read the rules of the resource section you'd find that you can't share generated characters here either.

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
You could share characters by giving the json file exported....

And then then other imports the character on the generator.

And you can't stop us from trading json files (because after all, it's probably that), because there is really not a way to ensure it was made by the rpg maker, after all its just a text file...

How do I know that? Isn't the filename exported character.json by default as shown in the video?

Problem solved, characters made by the character generator can be shared :p

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Strangely enough, we will in fact be seeing a Western release of RPG Maker MV before it launches in Japan. The product page was updated about 10 hours ago to indicate that the sale date for Japan is December 17th, 2015.

Source: https://tkool.jp/mv/index.html

RPGツクールMV ■発売日:2015年12月17日
■希望小売価格:12,800円(税別)

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another workaround to the generated character sharing problem:

Just create a mini-tutorial on how to build it, piece by piece. That way, the only people who could take advantage of it would have to have the program in the first place to have access the pieces. Boom.

Edit: Are generated characters with all-custom parts allowed as long as there's no stock parts attached?

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
That wasn't the point.  It's not that it's not possible, it's that we don't want people sharing things made with generators in the resources section.  It would be an awful mess if we did.
We could have a thread called "our character representation" in the resources section where each of us just makes 1 character to share to others :p

But that would be another thing completely different.

But yes, I know that idea of not allowing to share generated resources is for that reason, I was talking about people saying things as you can't share for example on your blog a content generated character... but you can still share it's JSON...

Strangely enough, we will in fact be seeing a Western release of RPG Maker MV before it launches in Japan. The product page was updated about 10 hours ago to indicate that the sale date for Japan is December 17th, 2015.

Source: https://tkool.jp/mv/index.html
This is one of the very strange cases where we'll have more bugs on western versions of a program... yahooo?

It doesn't matter I want MV xD

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I said it before, but I think we will get MV earlier because it's okay to have patches here. I think in Japan that's a different story, right? They release THE version and that's it.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, for those interested in what some of the included plugins will be, among other things, there's an article on famitsu.com here.
the screenshots near the bottom of the second page are amazing..I wonder how they did the environments. (nvm machine translation mostly communicated the idea, still wonder about the workflow though)

Event test function! woot.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I said it before, but I think we will get MV earlier because it's okay to have patches here. I think in Japan that's a different story, right? They release THE version and that's it.
No, as Archeia explained somewhere the bugfixes are needed as plugins because what they change isn't considered to be a bug by the japanese programmers and won't be changed for the japanese version. The later date in japan is probably because the japanese Enterbrain people didn't want the extra work for changing their publishing plans - it was said that Degica was surprised when the programmers said they'll be finished sooner than expected...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p0nah