Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@erikmidnatt

They will only be showcasing graphic resources which come with the engine, so those will be rtp battlebacks.

Now that there won't be an RTP, we must find a new handy way of describing the resources shipped with the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@erikmidnatt

They will only be showcasing graphic resources which come with the engine, so those will be rtp battlebacks.

Now that there won't be an RTP, we must find a new handy way of describing the resources shipped with the engine.
preloaded or stock content would work.

Regarding the graphics this is what translate says

Easy operation, corresponding to the map of a single picture! 

Previous work up to, although the handling of the case you want a distant view on the floor was difficult, " RPG Maker MV in ", just put the"! "at the top of the image file name of the distant view, easily create a floor of parallax zero It has become possible.

So I don't think it's limited to battlebacks...they are talking about building a map and show the character by themselves walking around, not a side view battle.

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think "stock" is a great word for replacing RTP.

Where's that plugin that allows you to put in crystals to power up a weapon? I remember seeing a little preview of it from few episodes ago...
It's probably more Lunatic Mode based.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
"need a new names for the rtp" ...guys in a ways it's still a "run time package" since it's furnish by default ...it's just internal now :/

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
No, as Archeia explained somewhere the bugfixes are needed as plugins because what they change isn't considered to be a bug by the japanese programmers and won't be changed for the japanese version. The later date in japan is probably because the japanese Enterbrain people didn't want the extra work for changing their publishing plans - it was said that Degica was surprised when the programmers said they'll be finished sooner than expected...
That wasn't what I meant. I was referring to something like a version 1.0.1, which as far as I know happened to the English VX Ace more often than to the Japanese. Or am I wrong? We got several patches, while the japanese only got one, or something along these lines?

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That wasn't what I meant. I was referring to something like a version 1.0.1, which as far as I know happened to the English VX Ace more often than to the Japanese. Or am I wrong? We got several patches, while the japanese only got one, or something along these lines?
This, if I am recalling correctly, is incorrect. The first Western release was 1.01a, as it was published after the JP release which had already been patched from their launched 1.00. The current patch is 1.02a for the Western release and 1.02b for the Japanese release. This puts the English release having fewer patches, and the 1.02b patch was really only made to fix an issue the DRM had on some computers.

EDIT: Just checked to confirm, and the above information is indeed correct. Also corrected a statement of mine.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Oh, okay. Then I didn't say anything. :) Thank you for researching!

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really hope we hear something about that breathing plug-in today on the videos.

Jennestia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Also, for those interested in what some of the included plugins will be, among other things, there's an article on famitsu.com here.
This was definitely a nice little read thanks :D

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Speaking of the RTP being built-in, I'm a little concerned that we may have to manually remove any RTP files we don't use from the game folder to prevent any 5-minute game being 500 MB. I'm almost sure Enterbrain isn't that stupid, but there's still a chance.
*cough*

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned somewhere that RMMV will only apply the resources your game is actually using when you export it, to avoid wasting space. This was very important especially for mobile devices.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned somewhere that RMMV will only apply the resources your game is actually using when you export it, to avoid wasting space. This was very important especially for mobile devices.
I know I saw speculation on this, but didn't see it officially but it makes sense.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have too much coming to get a collectors copy in December (and I already preordered MV), maybe later next year I can get a physical copy for my collection.

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have too much coming to get a collectors copy in December (and I already preordered MV), maybe later next year I can get a physical copy for my collection.
There's a collector's edition for MV?

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There's a collector's edition for MV?
No, I'm just saying I want a physical copy for my collection, I often double dip on games that I bought when they were digital only at first then they got a physical copy, I'm very much 99% pro physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This guy makes so many good hip hop tracks!
can't use certain things with SRDude's Battle Status Customizer? make the gauges show it lol. I got the gauges to show Olivia's Boost Points and other stuff.
Seeing people still using Kaus tiles with stolen contents makes me sad.
Microsoft tools are a blessing and a curse. They're great, but also insanely restrictive :/
When you feel annoyed by all the jokes and fake news, since in your country April's 1 is just a regular day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soulwistel