Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No, I'm just saying I want a physical copy for my collection, I often double dip on games that I bought when they were digital only at first then they got a physical copy, I'm very much 99% pro physical.
Personally I will only buy digital. I don't want loads of boxes everywhere, and I just want an instant download instead of posting and all that stuff :p

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SR? I prefer PP. XD
I don't like PP for a variety of reasons :distrust:

But "stock" works well because it's not a term that is unique to this community. Most people would know what you mean if you talk about stock assets, or stock resources or stock music etc etc.

What?

Episode 7 with FAQ answers is already here? O.O
I am laughing at the fact that they addressed my feelings about yesterdays video in the first few seconds. The tone of yesterdays video was off from earlier ones and it seems like they are joking about that now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennestia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
Is there anywhere we can get a look at all the icons?
Some beta reviewers seem to scroll through the icons sometimes when doing database work. I like it but as always it seems very limited - at least for me since I tend to have more complex amount of items/skills/states and rather not share icons when possible.

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We could just keep calling it RTP since everyone is used to it and half of the people are going to keep calling it that anyway. Instead of Run Time Package, it now means RPG Tidbits Package. :)

ScoopJohn

The guy who asks too many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So episode 7 came out earlier today.
So excited, i think i don't know if tomorrow when i come at home i will see Episode 8. 

If it does...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

erikmidnatt

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We could just keep calling it RTP since everyone is used to it and half of the people are going to keep calling it that anyway. Instead of Run Time Package, it now means RPG Tidbits Package. :)
To me RTP implies a separate package. I prefer the idea of saying there is no longer an RTP, the RTP was always a headache IMO. Lets leave that in the past :)

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I stick with RTP and scripts out of familiarity. Anyway, I am wondering how easy it would be to edit the icons to be without the background and leave a black outline. Same goes for editing anything that displays a stat name. After all being smart shouldn't automatically make you good at slinging fire.

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
RTP = Ready to Play :p

So the new package is still an RPG,

It's an (not) RTP ... So we can call it NRTP :p

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At least we can call it CI = Call It

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some beta reviewers seem to scroll through the icons sometimes when doing database work. I like it but as always it seems very limited - at least for me since I tend to have more complex amount of items/skills/states and rather not share icons when possible.
Can you link me to one of these videos and tell me the time stamp it shows the icons?

erikmidnatt

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooooh I do like that new plugin :) I was changing faces between messages, but doing it mid sentence is much more dynamic. Awesome. So many goodies :)

Should return to work... ;_;

ScoopJohn

The guy who asks too many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know why the icons are so different compared to the past RPG Maker's, neither i haven't really heard of a RPG who has abstract icons like these...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I understand it it's standard on mobiles to use vector-based icons because otherwise they're difficult to identify on small screens

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like these icons.

I'm also liking the new item upgrade and item core plug-ins. Stat variance in gear from shops - awesome! I'm already thinking of ways to use these plug-ins. :)

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned somewhere that RMMV will only apply the resources your game is actually using when you export it, to avoid wasting space. This was very important especially for mobile devices.
Well let's hope that becomes a feature :I

Some Guy In A Waistcoat

Casual wearer of finery. Purveyor of puns.
Reaction score
First Language
English
That 'deleted video' is still showing in the playlist, taunting me with all the withheld secrets it once contained... 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lpfer