Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I don't know why the icons are so different compared to the past RPG Maker's, neither i haven't really heard of a RPG who has abstract icons like these...
So you don't know persona 3-4, or older final fantasy remakes for gba...

Just saying...

As far as I understand it it's standard on mobiles to use vector-based icons because otherwise they're difficult to identify on small screens
That is of course great but... the idea of using vector icons is that they are... well, vectors, using a rasterized vector (in other words, a bitmap made from the vectors) isn't really much better than using hand crafted bitmaps.

Still yes, they are just monotonic and really simple with not much detail, and you have completely the truth than they are using that style probably because mobile phones need clean sprites to work on small resolutions.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is of course great but... the idea of using vector icons is that they are... well, vectors, using a rasterized vector (in other words, a bitmap made from the vectors) isn't really much better than using hand crafted bitmaps.
For workflow purposes it's easier to craft vector art cleanly then it is to hand paint it that way.

So working with vectors is a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator:

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
For workflow purposes it's easier to craft vector art cleanly then it is to hand paint it that way.

So working with vectors is a lot better.
I can attest to this - this is how I do icons at work for use within a Windows application.

YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Omg.... Shaz's desktop background in that last video.... is that Archer I see :o ?

Some Guy In A Waistcoat

Casual wearer of finery. Purveyor of puns.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Which video :o ?
There was a deleted video just before the Shaz plugin video. It's cleaned up now, but it will remain one of the great mysteries of our age along with the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body, and where the missing socks go from the washer ;)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Omg.... Shaz's desktop background in that last video.... is that Archer I see :o ?

that's actually mine :p

and yes XD
lol - I was wondering how on earth Archeia got a hold of a video with my desktop background! I've yet to watch the video, but I'm pretty sure mine will be vastly different :D

midnyte64

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Will there be Preorder Badges or whatever for MV as there are for Ace?

Reactions: SOC

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
FINALLY! after harassing Archeia she's finally put a catgirl in this video! {check Martha description}

Some Guy In A Waistcoat

Casual wearer of finery. Purveyor of puns.
Reaction score
First Language
English
That character creator video only makes me pine even more for an MV specific Wild West update in the future. 

YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Eyyyyy it's 27 minutes!!!!

6 days till I can get my hands on that generator.

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It' s going to be a LONG week. I REALLY want that generator. :)

Carde

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I could kiss you for that Item Core, Yanfly.

tati light

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That generator looks fantastic! I wonder if we will be able to add our own parts to it (i.e: ears, mouth, glasses etc).

Carde

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That generator looks fantastic! I wonder if we will be able to add our own parts to it (i.e: ears, mouth, glasses etc).
I'd be absolutely shocked if we weren't. In fact, I think adding parts to it will be the best way to make new and varied characters. It seems like with a bit of effort you'll be able to do all kinds of stuff easily like make the same characters in different gear sets and stuff with this generator. It looks great.

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd be absolutely shocked if we weren't. In fact, I think adding parts to it will be the best way to make new and varied characters. It seems like with a bit of effort you'll be able to do all kinds of stuff easily like make the same characters in different gear sets and stuff with this generator. It looks great.
Character Generator DLC Packs when?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just wish the generator had some extra parts that came from the non-hero sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"stats" in game term is short for "statistic", yet people keep referring it as "status".... =_=
i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alomoes