Not open for further replies.

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
MIDI to MP3 conversions are going to vary depending on the sound card/synthesizer used, and whether soundfonts / VSTs / samples were used to simply replace the original audio cues. Looking at their past remakes, they've been of higher quality than this. No need to upload demonstrations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
According to this page, RPG Maker MV will include high quality remakes for the entire RPG Maker 2003 BGM collection.

EDIT: Also, since I failed to note it before, among the recent changes made to the JP product page, one of them was the removal of the Enterbrain logo and the replacement logo for Spike Chunsoft. I'm unsure what this means precisely, but development has possibly been taken over under a new department, or transferred there. Spike Chunsoft is another entity under Kadokawa Dwango Corporation.
Well that's veeeery strange... Explanation please?

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
MIDI to MP3 conversions are going to vary depending on the sound card/synthesizer used, and whether soundfonts / VSTs / samples were used to simply replace the original audio cues. Looking at their past remakes, they've been of higher quality than this. No need to upload demonstrations.
Too late  :rswt:

RPGXP/2k3 Music Demo (Converted to MP3): https://goo.gl/QbXuPV

Hear specially the last two :D I could improve the music quality but my headphones and speakers aren't good enough  :(

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
According to this page, RPG Maker MV will include high quality remakes for the entire RPG Maker 2003 BGM collection.

EDIT: Also, since I failed to note it before, among the recent changes made to the JP product page, one of them was the removal of the Enterbrain logo and the replacement logo for Spike Chunsoft. I'm unsure what this means precisely, but development has possibly been taken over under a new department, or transferred there. Spike Chunsoft is another entity under Kadokawa Dwango Corporation.
Wow, awesome! I really wish they'd do an XP remake too. I think XP had the best music. I know this forum did a remake already on XP's OST and I have it, but it's really buggy and plays "double sounds/instruments" in some of the songs and it makes it much worse. One of the mods said they knew and were going to have it fixed but that never happened.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow, awesome! I really wish they'd do an XP remake too. I think XP had the best music. I know this forum did a remake already on XP's OST and I have it, but it's really buggy and plays "double sounds/instruments" in some of the songs and it makes it much worse. One of the mods said they knew and were going to have it fixed but that never happened.
I can do the conversion of all RPGXP Music and share it... if the staff team allows me to.

I have the license of RPG2000,2003,XP,VXAce and I guess that MV too, soon :)

Bless RPG Humble Pack  :rock-left:   :guffaw:   :rock-right:

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can do the conversion of all RPGXP Music and share it... if the staff team allows me to.

I have the license of RPG2000,2003,XP,VXAce and I guess that MV too, soon :)

Bless RPG Humble Pack :rock-left: :guffaw: :rock-right:
Redistribution of RTP resources or their edits outside of games made lawfully through RPG Maker software is against the terms of service.

EDIT: What I had meant was the redistribution without intention of use inside of RPG Maker software is against the ToS.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/resources/rpg-maker-xp-remastered-ost

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I listened to your stuff already, it was pretty good! Ironically I found your RM2k3 last boss theme to be the best one of the 4, but maybe it's just the nostalgia.

Yeah, that's it. It had a lot of bugs and never got fixed. Like on Dungeon 2, around 0:34 you can hear "double horns" playing and it's completely wrong and sounds pretty bad. A lot of other tracks had that problem, too.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Redistribution of RTP resources or their edits outside of games made lawfully through RPG Maker software is against the terms of service.
Huh? I don't understand, I see a lot of RTP edits being shared, especially graphics. Did you mean edits from DLC purchases? I meant convert the original RTP music of XP, not the DLC ones, I mean with DLC those extra premium resources that you have to pay to download them....

Oh, and talking about it, exclusive content will be in danger if people shares their games in HTML5 format.

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't recall ever having issues with the RPG Maker XP OST remaster personally, but I'll check through it again and see.

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Huh? I don't understand, I see a lot of RTP edits being shared, especially graphics. Did you mean edits from DLC purchases? I meant convert the original RTP music of XP, not the DLC ones....
I guess I should rephrase. The redistribution is not allowed except for the intended use of using those resources then inside of another RPG Maker as well, provided you own license to the source and target software.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I guess I should rephrase. The redistribution is not allowed except for the intended use of using those resources then inside of another RPG Maker as well, provided you own license to the source and target software.
Hum... I'm allowed to share RTP edits done by me (not edits from premium resources) here on this community if I have the license of that RPG Maker, and people is allowed to download and use them as long they have the proper license, right? With license I mean an official key of the respective RPG Maker. Sorry if I give too much clarifications, sometimes I feel like I'm not explaining myself well enough.

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hum... I'm allowed to share RTP edits done by me (not edits from premium resources) here on this community if I have the license of that RPG Maker, and people is allowed to download and use them as long they have the proper license, right? With license I mean an official key of the respective RPG Maker. Sorry if I give too much clarifications, sometimes I feel like I'm not explaining myself well enough.
Yes, this is all fine. An example case would be the following.

You take RPG Maker XP MIDI files and use them in part or whole to create MP3/OGG remasters for use in RPG Maker VX Ace. Anyone wishing to use them inside of RPG Maker VX Ace would need a license for both XP and VX Ace.

Also, I've checked about ten songs from the remaster now. While I don't hear anything in the way of "double instruments", the quality is pretty poor overall in general.

Anyway, this is moving away from the discussion of RPG Maker MV.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think that to prevent "material theft" would be good add a system on this forum where every user must add their license key on their profiles (hidden to everyone except to staff members), which keys are automatically verified, and if the keys are legit they can access the topics, and download the material inside the resource categories if the system verifies that the user has the proper and valid keys. That would prevent for example the download of RTP resources by people with pirated software, at least inside this community, which is a layer more of security, though a tiny one if people shares their work on other forums... but it's something...

Ah... I have a lot of ideas to increase the protection against piracy of RPG Maker... like packets that can be opened only by the RPG Makers and resources that can be edited only inside the RPG Makers using an advance resource manager with special editing tools and allowing the installation of plugins that adds new features like new pencils and more to that resource manager's editing tool... Maybe it's like Unity is? I'm not sure, never used that program for more than 10 minutes excluding the time I spent playing on sample games included in it. Of course, such RPG Maker would have exclusive things that eases almost every task.

Well, it would increase the price of the RPG Makers, and maybe would limit too much the access to these resources :x  but at least pirates wouldn't be able to access it for sure, unless some "smart guy" with a valid license key "unpacks" all the resources by doing video and sound recordings then do the proper edits and shares it everywhere.

Maybe we will see those features on the next "RPG Maker CP 3D" (Cross Platform, including exporting to all consoles) ?  :mrsatan:

RPG Maker MV is a good begining for multi-platforms, I'm really interested on make Android games, mobile games can be played everywhere, anytime, in the car while waiting your parents, in the beach when you are too bored, in the work when you are resting, even in the bathroom while you are....  D:<   :thumbsup-right:

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Everything's looking great!

I just decided to build a new PC around launch...  "won't have all my parts for 2 weeks"  

Also, the main page isn't optimized for high resolutions... 

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
I think that to prevent "material theft" would be good add a system on this forum where every user must add their license key on their profiles (hidden to everyone except to staff members), which keys are automatically verified, and if the keys are legit they can access the topics, and download the material inside the resource categories if the system verifies that the user has the proper and valid keys. That would prevent for example the download of RTP resources by people with pirated software, at least inside this community, which is a layer more of security, though a tiny one if people shares their work on other forums... but it's something...
That would be nice and effective... but how would that work out for us who have the engines on Steam? Unless they implement linking a "Steam" account to an "RPG Maker Web" account (or even whoever legitimately purchased RPGツクール from the Japanese website), there'd be no way for us to validate any keys since Steam doesn't really give us serials upon purchasing.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Everything's looking great!

I just decided to build a new PC around launch...  "won't have all my parts for 2 weeks"  

Also, the main page isn't optimized for high resolutions... 
Neither for mobile view, couldn't play the game there at all, the demo is very unfriendly on smartphone, specially on vertical view, I couldn't change it to fullscreen in my mobile, but well, surely will be possible change HTML5 games display to fullscreen on mobiles with the use of plugins :)

That would be nice and effective... but how would that work out for us who have the engines on Steam? Unless they implement linking a Steam account to an RPG Maker Web account, there'd be no way for us to validate any keys since Steam doesn't really give us serials upon purchasing.
Umm... maybe by using a Steam API, but that should be made by Valve, OR do that you can get a complete key which is your Steam Key converted to a Standard key inside RPG Maker by clicking somewhere on the menu bar like a "View License" button for example, and that key is automatically verified once you open the program for first time, because I guess that the RPG Makers and every program installed from Steam has its own valid license key, it depends if the program lets you see the license key or not.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok. For this I really need a Legal Explanation for it. I don't want any legal problems, Just because people who is unaware of this would end up accidentally crediting "Enterbrain, Inc." and not "Spike Chunsoft" I mean I also use this term "RPG Maker VX ACE by Enterbrain, INC." in the credits of my games and I really need further explanation if there is now a change of copyright ownership or something. Or to be safe just gonna credit under "Kadokawa" name if this would end up in transferring of ownership from one RPG maker engine to another. I don't want any legal problems when in comes to proper crediting.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Wait, what?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I thought the music remakes from 2K3 were just for japan?

They're paying more for the software, so i get the feeling they're probably getting more.

Specially with them getting it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"stats" in game term is short for "statistic", yet people keep referring it as "status".... =_=
i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alomoes