Not open for further replies.

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First I heard about the 2003 remakes was just a few days ago, and there didn't seem to be any indication on whether it would be an exclusive or not. Most exclusives in the past were from purchasing the software through select retailers/online outlets and not based on region anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
See? So i won't get my hopes up.

Besides, i bought 2003, i have the midis.. i can easily use some software of mine and do my own remixes..

*shrugs*

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is not really the thread to be discussing remakes of 2K3's music.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
That item customization looks cool, but I'm not sure if I want it in my first project...

I really liked the character generator video. My mom even liked the song that plays in the beginning of it (and the end)!

Nice to see what some of the fantasy skin colors look like. Looking forward to that!

Still, one thing...after all these things with the character generator, I still don't think we've seen what a sprite is wearing if you use the first option on clothing. Are they...naked? Or do they have underwear (that can still change color!) like in Ace??

Jennestia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
I hope that "high quality remake" doesn't mean "converted from MIDI to MP3", I did it already with a converter, will upload some demonstrations on Youtube soon.
It's likely similar to the VX Ace Remastered soundtrack - Like mine were personally remade but they seem to just do a digital remake. Maybe they'll actually completely remake it but Midi > Mp3 doesn't sound that great, especially when you have a bad soundfont used.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That item customization looks cool, but I'm not sure if I want it in my first project...
I agree - in fact that plugin is a good reason not to include item customization in my project.
A lot of people will use that plugin as-is, and I would like to have my games a unique feel instead of everybodies features.

I will use that plugin at some time (it's easier than writing something similiar) - but only after I had some ideas how to integrate it into my projects as something unique instead of as a point on a feature list.

Jennestia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses

I really liked the character generator video. My mom even liked the song that plays in the beginning of it (and the end)!

Nice to see what some of the fantasy skin colors look like. Looking forward to that!

Still, one thing...after all these things with the character generator, I still don't think we've seen what a sprite is wearing if you use the first option on clothing. Are they...naked? Or do they have underwear (that can still change color!) like in Ace??
I would assume it would be a naked base sprite though.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is not really the thread to be discussing remakes of 2K3's music.
It was brought up earlier on another page, since it had something to do with the release of MV, i questioned it.

It's only been brought up on the Japanese web sites, so i get the feeling it's not coming here.

I'm going to choose to assume anything being talked about for the japanese release is only for the japanese release until we find out otherwise upon release on the 23rd...

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wait-whatting at the transfer from Enterbrain to whatever this other company is.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That has me baffled to.

I'm trying to understand what it could mean...
Yeah, I wasn't intending to wait-what at the 2k3 music, it means nothing to me as a deaf person :p

(Well, besides that music is important to the player of the game of course!)

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I wasn't intending to wait-what at the 2k3 music, it means nothing to me as a deaf person :p

(Well, besides that music is important to the player of the game of course!)
Well no i mean.. the change to Spike Chunsoft...

I'm just wondering if it means anything...

Is EB going bye bye?

Will it effect the release on the 23rd?

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well no i mean.. the change to Spike Chunsoft...

I'm just wondering if it means anything...

Is EB going bye bye?

Will it effect the release on the 23rd?
Won't affect release on the 23rd or even anything MV-release related, but I have no idea of other implications, such as post-release support.

GorunNova

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe they're merging the Enterbrain label into Spike Chunsoft?  It wouldn't be the first time a parent company decided to merge two branches or subcompanies together.  With any luck, it won't actually affect the product.

Then again... Spike Chunsoft is responsible for games like Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and the Mystery Dungeon series, so I have a hard time disliking this...  *thinks a bit*  ... or, it could be that Spike Chunsoft is handling publishing.  It IS a publisher as well as a developer, after all... and apparently is responsible for publishing the Witcher series in Japan as well.

So... Enterbrain's the developer, and Spike Chunsoft is probably just handling Japanese publication.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The 23rd is getting really close now  :guffaw:
Six days to be exact.

I been counting the days religiously.

Comes out next friday.

My question is.. will it be available just after midnight?

Or later in the day?

Crazetex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I really like about this is that he seems to know exactly what he's talking about, unlike all the other preview vids I've seen (outside of Nessy's ofc -- I mean external beta users).

Also, dat behemoth!

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm still waiting RPG Maker MV's release before doing classified thread or whatever.

So few has actual access to the software to make parts fit to the base "dummy."

I just want things like spike collars etc to make stuff to fit on my universe at least somewhat.

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ENTERBRAIN, INC. and Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd. are both entities under Kadokawa Dwango Corporation. This change should mean nothing in regards to release date being they are from the same parent corporation. There's just some internal restructuring going on. What exactly it entails is probably inconsequential or of marginal importance to us as consumers of the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.
Realized a tad too late that lighting scripts are the main culprit in performance nosedive. Guess the flashlight had to go.
wat is ERROR:registration_protocol_win cc(56) . any way to fix it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cata