BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What I really like about this is that he seems to know exactly what he's talking about, unlike all the other preview vids I've seen (outside of Nessy's ofc -- I mean external beta users).

Also, dat behemoth!
It's a shame that not all default characters have enemy sprites. Future expansion maybe?

Crazetex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Considering that the stock heroes are all made from the character creator anyway, I don't much mind. It's enough enemy heroes to have whatever story/arena you want play out -- we don't have a hand-crafted set of heroes and thus don't need battlers for every single one. It'd be more of a shame it was was a fun set like Ace's RTP heroes that only got like 3 tie-in battlers.

Hopefully the hand-crafted SF heroes have some good battlers, though. I want to fight Alex...

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought the music remakes from 2K3 were just for japan?

They're paying more for the software, so i get the feeling they're probably getting more.

Specially with them getting it later.
Hmm, that would be a shame IMO. I'm more than willing to pay extra/get extra for waiting longer and getting more good stuff for it. Hopefully, if it's true, we'll get those for our version of MV in a DLC if nothing else.

This is not really the thread to be discussing remakes of 2K3's music.
I don't see why not when it's specifically related to MV's release and MV's music selection. It's definitely on topic for MV.

I'm a little disappointed that the icons don't have very many more "skill icons." Like in VX Ace, every main weapon type had a skill icon accompanied with it and that was perfect.

YEEART

Super Highschool Level...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's.... probably one of the most original designs I've ever seen of a Behemoth.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
According to this page, RPG Maker MV will include high quality remakes for the entire RPG Maker 2003 BGM collection.

EDIT: Also, since I failed to note it before, among the recent changes made to the JP product page, one of them was the removal of the Enterbrain logo and the replacement logo for Spike Chunsoft. I'm unsure what this means precisely, but development has possibly been taken over under a new department, or transferred there. Spike Chunsoft is another entity under Kadokawa Dwango Corporation.
As long as the DLC will be good and bugfixes happen, it's not a big deal also Spike Chunsoft is responsible for the Shiren series maybe they can thrown in some Shiren esque dlc later on.

ScoopJohn

The guy who asks too many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
10 pages to 100!

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
Maybe they're merging the Enterbrain label into Spike Chunsoft?  It wouldn't be the first time a parent company decided to merge two branches or subcompanies together.  With any luck, it won't actually affect the product.

Then again... Spike Chunsoft is responsible for games like Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and the Mystery Dungeon series, so I have a hard time disliking this...  *thinks a bit*  ... or, it could be that Spike Chunsoft is handling publishing.  It IS a publisher as well as a developer, after all... and apparently is responsible for publishing the Witcher series in Japan as well.

So... Enterbrain's the developer, and Spike Chunsoft is probably just handling Japanese publication.
It's probably the same thing that happened back when RPG Maker was under ASCII Corporation's label, before it changed to be under Enterbrain's label. ASCII still exists, except they're known nowadays as ASCII MediaWorks and they only focus on printed publications. Like EB and Spike ChunSoft, it's also parented by Kadokawa.

Also...the Spike-Chunsoft logo...

Cannot help it but think of a glyph used in one of Mexico City's subway stations. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Guys, quick question but does anyone know what font was being used for the android demo? I think I've seen that one before but I'm not sure.

And on that note, I actually wondered about how we can change the font in MV.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Guys, quick question but does anyone know what font was being used for the android demo? I think I've seen that one before but I'm not sure.

And on that note, I actually wondered about how we can change the font in MV.
You can change the font for MV through my Core Engine plugin amongst many other things.

(。 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 。)

Vegnarus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
You can change the font for MV through my Core Engine plugin amongst many other things.

(。 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 。)
Thanks for the quick reply Yan! I had assumed that we could just do that with your core by default!  :)  In Ace it was also just a small line you could add in Main so I figured I'd ask about how it's done in MV. Now, about that elusive and rather familiar font... 

ConkerMich

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I need to buy this at some point

∊η∊ηra

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't wait to see what today's videos have in store.

Though I was hoping some kind of info on that animated battlers plug-in was mentioned in yesterday's FAQ and it wasn't. :(

midnyte64

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey you should all know that you can actually change the laws of nature using Yanfly's plugins!

ScoopJohn

The guy who asks too many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey you should all know that you can actually change the laws of nature using Yanfly's plugins!
Or better the rules of nature...!!!

Almost...Javascript might also be same thing.

∊η∊ηra

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, it's been officially confirmed:

We can add parts to the character generator.

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha I'm so glad to see Aluxes, he's my favorite of the mascot squad. I hope they add Alex, too!

Passive states is a really awesome plugin. I'm already thinking of giving states like auto-regen for classes that use HP for their skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That sigh when a roaming chicken blocks your move event :/
Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.
"Ugh, so tired of these rivers and lakes." *squints and looks off into the distance* "Oh cool! Is that a waterfall?"
Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neonlunity