SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hehehe, he had a terrible battle graphic but his sprite was fantastic.

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wonder if these old RTP Heroes from the preview vids will be available for us to download at some point.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Little Paw: They're created with the in-engine character generator.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The vidoes sold me. Just pre-ordered two copies. It is still hard to believe that all those pluggins come with the pre-order. NIce!

I did make a small boo boo and setup an account with a misspelled email address. Fixed the email address under account settings and just need to have Degica support send me a new product key. Old key was sent to the misspelled email. Currently waiting on support.

GorunNova

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*watching the plugin preview videos* ... o.o... it looks like that Note window is going to come in very, very handy for some of the tinkering I have planned, and NONE of it will be actual notes. XD  *rubs hands gleefully*

... but seriously, that window may as well just be renamed from 'Note' to 'Custom Script Interface' given what I've seen in those videos. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*watching the plugin preview videos* ... o.o... it looks like that Note window is going to come in very, very handy for some of the tinkering I have planned, and NONE of it will be actual notes. XD  *rubs hands gleefully*

... but seriously, that window may as well just be renamed from 'Note' to 'Custom Script Interface' given what I've seen in those videos. ^^
Since VX Ace actually

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Yeah, the notebox since before was used really for scripting purposes. XD

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't think you can activate the store copy yet but on steam usually you put keys into the steam client you download of course its not active until the engine is actually released.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
For Ace (non-steam), activation is after you installed your copy so it would probably be same for MV.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
According to MV pre-order page in the official store and the email I received, the key can be used on both Steam and non-Steam versions. My concern is how to use the key from the official store to be used on Steam.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
According to MV pre-order page in the official store and the email I received, the key can be used on both Steam and non-Steam versions. My concern is how to use the key from the official store to be used on Steam.
I imagine you can just pop it right into the "activate a product on steam" page within the steam client.

Carde

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Go to your library in Steam and you'll see a button that looks like +Add a game..., click that and select "activate a product on Steam", and it should be as simple as pasting your key in there.

edit: Evil beat me to it.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score

Since VX Ace actually
Actually since VX. It was the common trend used by the Japanese community after we discovered we can use noteboxes with RegExp. I don't know how things worked in XP in the English communities, but in the JP communities, we had to do that with element binding where we make "notetags" with element names, and then bind them to skills and items. It was a bit of a pain, too, because you'd have to unbind those elements from damage calculations. When noteboxes came over to VX, it was godsend because it made life so much easier. It was beautiful and much cleaner to work with than element binding.

The only problem was, in VX, not every single database tab had noteboxes for you to put stuff into. What didn't have notetags would require the user to go into the script's module to change settings. This changed in Ace where virtually everything had noteboxes and the flexibility just increased tenfold, making the workload on scripters decrease a ton. Users would still have to go into the script module to change a few options, but it wasn't as much of a necessity as it was in VX.

MV is best I've seen so far. Noteboxes for everything, including events. The Plugin Manager allows users to no longer need to step into the script's module to change those all important settings anymore. This is a major relief for so many scripters, or should I say, plugin makers now. Truly a brighter age for RPG Maker~

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Actually since VX. It was the common trend used by the Japanese community after we discovered we can use noteboxes with RegExp. I don't know how things worked in XP in the English communities, but in the JP communities, we had to do that with element binding where we make "notetags" with element names, and then bind them to skills and items. It was a bit of a pain, too, because you'd have to unbind those elements from damage calculations. When noteboxes came over to VX, it was godsend because it made life so much easier. It was beautiful and much cleaner to work with than element binding.

The only problem was, in VX, not every single database tab had noteboxes for you to put stuff into. What didn't have notetags would require the user to go into the script's module to change settings. This changed in Ace where virtually everything had noteboxes and the flexibility just increased tenfold, making the workload on scripters decrease a ton. Users would still have to go into the script module to change a few options, but it wasn't as much of a necessity as it was in VX.

MV is best I've seen so far. Noteboxes for everything, including events. The Plugin Manager allows users to no longer need to step into the script's module to change those all important settings anymore. This is a major relief for so many scripters, or should I say, plugin makers now. Truly a brighter age for RPG Maker~
I do agree with you on that! 

but honestly in sames times Notebox can be a pain to work with :/

this why sometime when it's come likes for skill creation I prefered to do internally 

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
Am I the only one who uses Noteboxes for actual notes, especially when it comes to the character ones? Because I doooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!
Inside you are two wolves. They take in oxygen while getting rid of the Co2 gas in your body...
Ah wait, sorry. Lungs. Not wolves. that'd be silly. Wolves are huge. You probably couldnt even fit one wolf inside you.
Tag: hack and slash | gameplay: point and click. Me: "How tf two are related to each other?"
I picked up For The King in a Humble Bundle sale, and one mechanic that stuck out to me was a physical change to the world map when finishing a side quest. That got me thinking about special map-effect rewards for certain side quests in my game.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cremo