Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I imagine you can just pop it right into the "activate a product on steam" page within the steam client.
Thanks for this. Now I have MV on Steam.

Go to your library in Steam and you'll see a button that looks like +Add a game..., click that and select "activate a product on Steam", and it should be as simple as pasting your key in there.

edit: Evil beat me to it.
Thank you too. At least you have more of a step-by-step one because I forgot where the "activate a product" button is located. :rswt:

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
Am I the only one who uses Noteboxes for actual notes, especially when it comes to the character ones? Because I doooo...
Seeing as how my notetags detect specifically certain text patterns and shouldn't interfere with people's notes, I don't see why others wouldn't use them for their own personal notes, too.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seeing as how my notetags detect specifically certain text patterns and shouldn't interfere with people's notes, I don't see why others wouldn't use them for their own personal notes, too.
But why not use the built-in notetag parser? :<

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
But why not use the built-in notetag parser? :<
The lack of control. I'm also not a fan of having case sensitive notetags and the built-in parser is heavily case sensitive. Not to mention that with most of the data you insert into the notetags to begin with, you'll have to extract it again later. I figured I might as well take the extra step and produce more comfortable notetags for users to type. I'm all for user-friendliness even if it is at the expense of the scripter doing more work.

EDIT: Fixed typos. I shouldn't type on a tablet when it's late at night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The lack of control. I'm also not a fan of having case sensitive notetags and the built-in parser is heavily case snesitive. Not to mention that with most of the data you insert into the notetags to begin with, you'll have to extract it again later. I figured I might as well take the extra step and produce more comfortavle notetags for users to type. I'm all for user-friendliness even if it is at the expense of the scripter doing more work.
Ugh, I got happy when I heard MV had a built-in notetag parser, I thought it would be good :(

GorunNova

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The lack of control. I'm also not a fan of having case sensitive notetags and the built-in parser is heavily case snesitive. Not to mention that with most of the data you insert into the notetags to begin with, you'll have to extract it again later. I figured I might as well take the extra step and produce more comfortavle notetags for users to type. I'm all for user-friendliness even if it is at the expense of the scripter doing more work.
Hmmm... does MV's Javascript support string toLowerCase() calls? Might make note parsing easier if it's all lowercase.  Edit: Unless you're already doing that / it's not supported, then never mind. ^^' ... and if note parsing happens without having an actual string variable handy to lowercase. ^^''

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm... does MV's Javascript support string toLowerCase() calls? Might make note parsing easier if it's all lowercase.  Edit: Unless you're already doing that / it's not supported, then never mind. ^^'
Well, it does, but you can't read a key from an object in a case insensitive way, unless you did something like this:

Code:
Object.prototype.getProp = function(propName) {  if (this[propName] !== undefined) return this[propName];  for (var key in this) {    if (key.toLowerCase() == propName.toLowerCase()) {      return this[key];    }  }  return undefined;}

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A

Try to make a plugin which reads a defined text/script file on the notetag boxes, the result might be for example....

1.Make a new folder called "notetag" inside your game's resource folder.

2.Create a TXT file for each notetag's notes and name it as you want, for example Actor001.txt for Actor 1's notetags. You are allowed to create a subfolder and place the TXT right there so you can have everything more organized. Any file format is allowed as long is an unencrypted text file.

3.Write this code on the notetag, following the above example would be:

<TXT File>

/notetags/Actor/Actor001.txt

</TXT File>

4.Now you can use your preferred text editor to edit your notetags and have more space to see and change all the codes!! MV will read all the TXT files, and also will continue reading any other note written on the boxes, so you are not required to make txt file for a tiny piece of code.

What do you think? Can you make something like this? :)

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post before, sorry :x

EDIT2: Oh, I forgot to mention if you can also do that the plugin also ignores the case sensitive issues, that would be amazing, at least the ability to move the notes to an external TXT file would be really useful specially when programming action sequences for the side-view battle system.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm really liking these new plug-ins.

So, can we alter the layout of the menu with the Main Menu plug-in, or is it similar to going into the menu script (in Ace) in order to add and remove commands?

Also, will we be able to use other things for the hopsital plug-in rather than just currency? Items, to be more specific.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Am I the only one who uses Noteboxes for actual notes, especially when it comes to the character ones? Because I doooo...
I use noteboxes for notes all the time. Whenever I adjust enemy stats, I try and write down their old stats, in-case my original gut instinct was better than the refinement. If I get a sudden idea for an actor or monster I don't have time to implement, I stick a quick note in the notebox. If I'm working on a stupid crossover fangame, I tend to write down the source game for each item and skill. And all kinds of other things.

Auto Passive States Plug-In, hmm...you know what I'd love to have go with that? Equippable skills. Like Final Fantasy 9. Learn a passive skill that gives you an auto-state, but you can only have so many equipped at once!

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
In case it wasn't apparent, I was kinda joking. ^.^;

I mean, I do use noteboxes for general notes but I have no issue at all using them for scripts! In fact, I prefer it to actually using in-script notation.

hmind

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Well, it's been officially confirmed:

We can add parts to the character generator.
well, my question would be - can we add parts to the character generator, which are not the standard size, for example a body template with 48x96px dimensions (?)

∊η∊ηra

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well, my question would be - can we add parts to the character generator, which are not the standard size, for example a body template with 48x96px dimensions (?)
That's a good question, and something I was wondering about myself. No one knows at this point, but let's keep our fingers crossed. If it isn't, I'm not sure if we'll be able to do anything about it as plug-ins don't affect the editor in any way.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
What the generator actually does can be done in free graphics software, too, can't it? Just put the layers on top of one another yourself.

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I would add: could it be possible to change the  template to another one made by ourselves?

For Ace, I was using Theo's sideview battle system and I just had to use my own frames and write the commands but I was wondering if it's possible to have our own templates so we can make our characters and enemies full customized.

hmind

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
That's a good question, and something I was wondering about myself. No one knows at this point, but let's keep our fingers crossed. If it isn't, I'm not sure if we'll be able to do anything about it as plug-ins don't affect the editor in any way.
yeah i'm with you.

What the generator actually does can be done in free graphics software, too, can't it? Just put the layers on top of one another yourself.
the question is not about if it can or cannot be done ultimately. sure, you can always find ways. but in the case that the generator does not support other sizes, rather than putting together piece by piece in some multi purpose software i'd go for writing my own little program that does it for me. does not make life easier, so the most convenient way would be the case in which other resolutions are supported. i think about the possibility that i am not the only one who likes the graphics, but besides the cool battle characters wants some taller, fitting overworld sprites generated. the easiest and most convenient way to share that idea, that i can imagine, would be through in-generator-sprite-parts.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I use noteboxes for notes all the time. Whenever I adjust enemy stats, I try and write down their old stats, in-case my original gut instinct was better than the refinement. If I get a sudden idea for an actor or monster I don't have time to implement, I stick a quick note in the notebox. If I'm working on a stupid crossover fangame, I tend to write down the source game for each item and skill. And all kinds of other things.

Auto Passive States Plug-In, hmm...you know what I'd love to have go with that? Equippable skills. Like Final Fantasy 9. Learn a passive skill that gives you an auto-state, but you can only have so many equipped at once!
I have used them in similar situations when I have tested a battle and don't want to event a way past and I have to retest the area, set HP to 1 put intended HP in the note box.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I wonder if you can create an auto passive state that lets a character attack and cast spells while in sleep status.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, I've read the japanese official site of MV (updated on 16 October 2015) and I noticed some things.

1. If translator is """right""" and I haven't understood wrong, Japanese version will have by default all the cover characters with their respective BGM, so this is a exclusive thing less on the preorder pack for us, unless Degica is going to excluding it on the final standard version and makes us pay for the cover character pack as a separate exclusive DLC :(

2. The minimum Android version to play MV games is Android 4.4, and the minimum iOS version must be iOS 8.

Ah, a bit disappointed about the cover character pack not being exclusive on Japan (everyone likes extra&exclusive contents aka non-free extra content) (again, I MIGHT HAVE UNDERSTOOD IT WRONG) and that the minimum Android version isn't from 4.0 but 4.4 instead..... But well, most cheap phones from this year and past year has Kitkat, but there's a lot that still uses Android 4.0~4.3, specially on Spain, South america and several countries of Europe.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I cannot get the Benny Hill Theme out of my head
A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloojacie