RPG MAKER MV PREORDER PAGE IS LIVE!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Archeia, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOC

SOC "God is my Judge" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not to go too off topic, but I actually like DLC. I don't like exclusive content or bad phone games either, but DLC is another thing. While I do agree a game you buy should feel "complete" out of the "box," and DLC should be optional additional content that just makes the game more awesome, DLC inherently it self is not evil. For example, I would've KILLED for Smash Bros. Brawl DLC. Now that Smash 4 and Mario Kart 8 are doing it, I think it's wonderful! They feel like complete games without the DLC, but there's more to the game (and very well priced IMO) if you want it. I think RPG Maker does it well, too. DLC allows for developers to continue supporting and making stuff more awesome well after its release, something that wasn't possible before.

So I'm looking forward to more MV DLC, but I do agree exclusives are silly. Offering pre-order bonuses as DLC later is the best way to do it.

Me too! I would pay money to have a yanfly plushy that I can look at and remember all the awesome stuff yanfly's done for RPG Maker and feel inspired to work more.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
    Yanfly likes this.
  2. GorunNova

GorunNova Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I usually agree that DLC is evil incarnate in most situations, but RPG Maker... is different, imo, being a development platform.  It means you can pick and choose through the additional resources you need, and only get those.

3. Killuki Zaoldyeck

Killuki Zaoldyeck Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I was talking when purchasing programs like this one or any other software from a preorder or exclusive package, not about the games everywhere.

I agree that extra DLCs OF CONSOLE/PC GAMES like OP weapons, mounts, etc (NOT to be confused with the Programs That Creates Games (RPGMaker, Unity, etc), which extra content is done by individual people or by the team company itself to ease even more the making or granting extra and high quality material, that's the extra content I was talking about that everyone likes to get on exclusive discounted packages) does kill gaming, specially if those are NOT free games, free games lives thanks by those content, because "100% free" doesn't exist (they have to pay web hosting, Internet Access, maintainance of the servers, energy, etc) UNLESS they flood you with annoying ads that even may block your phone browser when you accidentally click on them, or in the case of be a web browser game just by ***** clicking on any zone of the web  *BANG!* the browser gets locked with an annoying ad that makes your phone vibrate repeatedly warning you that """"your phone is infested by a lot of viruses and needs an scan"""" downloading and installing a lot of unwanted programs if you have "allow installation from unknown sources" enabled....

However, commercial games that costs over 30€ or/and requires an expensive monthly fee (directly applied by the game developer, not by the service used like for example Xbox live) with such features are just selfish and egocentrics, I may tolerate a commercial game doing these things only if is a very new game made by beginners or is the very first project of them which developers are looking for an extra support to get enough money to advance their project and they decide incite the players by offering extra premium content, as long as the game itself is not too expensive, that's still a good practice to make an extra cash depending also of the things they are offering, because make a great breach between free players and premium players by offering overpowered equipment or too great benefits is also bad no matter how new or old the game is, but is specially dangerous if it is a new game, it can kill the new project in less than a month, I seen that happening already on a lot of "free" online games fallen in the hands of incompetent publishers.

Big companies that sells expensive games and that also wants to make you pay over 5€ for each extra crap they do, said company should just grab the money taken from the extra content, in form of physical coins, and literally eat them and s**t coins when they go to bath room, seriously...

4. Carde

Carde Degibeta Team Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Everytime I think of hating on DLC I think of Bethesda's mostly incredible track record (Horse Armor not withstanding) and forget what I was thinking about.

The Stranger likes this.
  5. ∊η∊ηra

∊η∊ηra Smoke and Mirrors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My opinion has always been that if I have to pay to unlock data already on the disc, that is a big no-no. I hate lazy cash-grabs. But I am more than willing to pay for quality, supplemental content created after launch to help keep my favorite games fresh (I bought the season pass for Mortal Kombat X).

But as a previous user said earlier, none of this really applies to RPG Maker, being software, as its DLC has a bit of a different purpose. DLC with RPG Maker is almost always a good thing.

6. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Next episode is up!

Also, yes, the DLC talk is off subject. If anyone wants to talk about it, make a separate thread down in video games!

Carde likes this.
  7. Blackheart

Blackheart Developer in Training Veteran

First Language:
    English

Shake0615 likes this.
  8. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Now that this episode is up, I can talk about that plugin  :rswt:

During development of the GameFocus plugin, I actually broke the game and made it update much faster than it is supposed to.

9. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice to see your plugin featured there. After Shaz's converter, this is only the second plugin that got me interested :}

10. SOC

SOC "God is my Judge" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I said this in the YouTube comments but I'd like to repeat it here.

Real talk, I would love to watch a video series of the 4 Archaia-based RPG Maker mascots going through some humor-based RPG game as a YouTube series made in MV in the future. Like seriously, rather than playing their game, I'd like to watch it on YouTube where you can design the game around being watched rather than played. That would be mad fun and entertaining! Please consider it! And of course, plenty of Yanfly cameos!

Also, thank goodness for word wrapping. This was definitely a concern of mine when they introduced different resolutions, especially when you want to design games for multiple devices or smaller screens like phones. Yami also mentioned she plans to make it so you don't have to add the <> code every time, too I think.

11. Porcelain

Porcelain Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I wonder if there'll be an option to start events on mouse click, even when the player isn't touching the event. I think that would make it a lot easier to create complex mini-games and puzzles without using plugins.

12. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Shouldn't be a hard plugin to make, even if the option is not there :)

13. Kaus

Kaus The Sagittarius Bearer Veteran

First Language:
    Taglish
    In what Timezone do we expect the release of this product. Just wondering because I'm in GMT +8:00. Maybe it's going to be released on 24th here.

The Stranger likes this.
  14. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If we are to follow Steam's countdown, It's going to be in 111 hours from now.

15. Some Guy In A Waistcoat

Some Guy In A Waistcoat Casual wearer of finery. Purveyor of puns. Member

First Language:
    English
    My Steam says it's unlocking at approximately 6PM, GMT on the 23rd if that helps. 

The Stranger likes this.
  16. Esrever

Esrever Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Since people seem to still be confused, the RPG Maker assets for the box art characters comes with every Japanese copy of RPG Maker MV. It is listed as DLC elsewhere for Western release.

The Western release pre-order gives you 10% off, the box characters, 37 plugins (some of which will be free), and the Essentials Set is included (DLC which will be sold separately).

It could be the case that even though the box characters are DLC, it will be free DLC.

EDIT: Misunderstanding.

---

I'm also giving away a copy of RPG Maker MV. Link in my signature.

17. draykorinee

draykorinee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Gah, thats a whole day wasted!, still I've got most of the evening and Friday to play with it before my full weekend at work.

The Stranger likes this.
  18. Liak

Liak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    So it's out at 20:00 in Germany? Oh maaan. :(

19. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV