Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Given how quickly the phone market grows and develops, by the time people are releasing games (assuming they haven't rushed out something low quality just to be first) specs will have moved on, and so our games will be reaching wider segments of the market.  Yes, there will still be low spec phones around for a long time, but how realistic is it to expect an engine which people will be using for some years to cater to the lowest current spec?
If "Android 4.4 users" means "wider segments of the market", you don't know how many smartphones there are with Android between 2.0 and 4.3 version. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4, but this doesn't mean that I cannot be disappointed for all of the other users.

midnyte64

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
No offense to those with Android versions below what is supported, but do you also expect RPG Maker MV to be able to run on Windows 98? Because that is what this whole complaint is starting to sound like, if I want to play games that only exist for PS4, then I must own a PS4, I can't get away with a PS3... so while it does suck for those that don't meet the requirement, you can't expect those older phones to be able to actually run the games even if they had the software specs to do so, I rather doubt that those phones that aren't Android 4.4 or better, are even able to run the games if MV supported Android... I don't know 3.0 even. So it is a pointle3ss argument. One can not always get what they want, sometimes you have to admit that while not everyone has say Android 4.4 or better, more people will get it as time goes on.

EDIT: Also incase somebody thinks that I am in fact biased, I don't even own a phone capable of playing the games on it either. My phone is not an Apple product nor is it Android 4.4, so I would thank you all if you drop this pointless argument about this as I doubt it will change no matter how much you complain about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I never expected it to run on Android 2.2, but I thought it would run on Android 4.1 at least. Android 4.1 is only one year and a half older than 4.4.

Checking the release notes, I noticed that Android 4.4 changed the WebView to use the Chromium engine. I suppose that may be the reason as to why it doesn't work on older versions.

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a Nexus 7 tablet that runs 4.4.2 Android. I assume this will work?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I just tested the demo on an Android 4.2.2 and it seems to be running perfectly well

Crazetex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just pre-ordered MV. Now the real wait begins.

So what plug-ins do you guys think will be showcased today?
Party Manager. Hopefully. At least some sort of confirmation that MV retains Ace's built-in party features. You'd think we could expect this for sure, but I've been doing RM* since rm2k. You never take anything for granted when it comes to new engines.

I'd also love it or a different battle plugin to quietly reveal battlers for the "other 8" default characters. That'd be quite the treat!

Other plugins... we've yet to see Yami's(?) Luna Engine Lite. I didn't really like the setup for Ace's Luna Engine but if Yanfly's core battle engine isn't gonna have a face-based HUD option, I'd like to see more about Luna Engine Lite.

I expect we have a few more utility plugins coming, too.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can buy a $60 phone that has Android 4.4 (Whether said phone can run it or not, I don't know), it may be expensive now in some parts of the world, but that price will only go down.

Well, I just tested the demo on an Android 4.2.2 and it seems to be running perfectly well
They are probably being really safe with their minimum requirements, as they can't control what we put in our games.

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The demo may be found here. It should be able to be played by any HTML5 compatible device.

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The demo may be found here. It should be able to be played by any HTML5 compatible device.
Oh, I thought there was an Android/IOS specific demo. 

Esrever

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In that case, no. There's not been anything released for iOS or Android packages. Someone only meant that they were able to play the HTML5 copy on their Android 4.2.2 device.

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh my god, I just preordered today yet it feels like I've been waiting forever.

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man that monster AI script is so niiiiice. Very excited to try it.

When he mentions higher value = more strict AI, are the values 0-100?

Psyker

Degibeta Team
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Monster AI script is amazing! I can wait to get my hands on it and create some interesting encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That sigh when a roaming chicken blocks your move event :/
Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.
"Ugh, so tired of these rivers and lakes." *squints and looks off into the distance* "Oh cool! Is that a waterfall?"
Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImpLover666