RPG MAKER MV PREORDER PAGE IS LIVE!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Archeia, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carde

Carde Degibeta Team Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Aiieeeeeeeee Region Events

Yanfly likes this.
  2. Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian Abyssal Wing Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Ask and you shall receive~ Its funny because yesterday (day before yesterday, times are weird) people were asking about improved AI. Now all we need is a party manager/ changer plug-in then we'll be golden :3

Yanfly and BloodletterQ like this.
  3. Rexxon

Rexxon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Having read the script page for the plug-in, I can confirm the values are between 0 and 100. Also, later he will release a add on that will allow us to apply these settings to our own party.Horray for Yanfly. :D

Sorry, replied to the wrong poster. The info is still good though.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
    Yanfly likes this.
  4. terrorchan

terrorchan Literally a Gloop Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Man even when it comes out I won't be able to play until the day after due to plans I made with friends and an ACT test the day after ToT

5. Jeneeus Guruman

Jeneeus Guruman The Returnee Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    It will take, IMO, about 3-5 years just to make the phones use the newly-released version to be widely used since most developing/"3rd world" countries use Android phones more than iOS due to its price. It may be selling many on the market for the years to come but only few can buy those if the phones are very expensive (and not even just a little bit expensive).

This is what I meant to say. Thanks.

Actually, that is the only offensive thing I read out of all. In fact, my phone is still 2.3 but I'm fine not being able to play RM games but at least more than 3/4 of the entire users can play those if the version allowed is at least 4.0.

The link actually states the number of devices, not number of users and that include those devices that are yet to be owned or maybe are those devices that are for demonstration in shops.

This make things worse, but no longer as worse than before. As far as I have read and searched, the WebView itself is very buggy and makes most applications to be forced close. Even now I stumbled upon the comments on the app page as of October 19, 2015 that it will still occurred to some but no longer majority of the users still experiencing that which maybe fixed over a period of time.

6. Carde

Carde Degibeta Team Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Class Manager...!

7. Esrever

Esrever Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    People may be happy to hear that along with the art for the box/package characters, each eight of them have their own character theme music as well!

• Aldo
    • Dilara
    • Eisele
    • Gustaf
    • Hayatemaru
    • Nina
    • Rob
    • Yaichi

Chaos Avian, Yanfly and terrorchan like this.
  8. Zanfall

Zanfall Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It does not include devices that are not yet purchased. It only includes devices that had accessed the Play Store within a 7 day period ending on October 5th. A device sitting in a box, un-powered can not access the Play Store.

On the topic of demonstration devices I don't think store demo units would skew the statistics very much. Most stores around here tend to use non-functioning dummy units unless they are a carrier store. Even then they have maybe 5 demo units.

9. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    oh my will be only avaible at 2h PM where I live lol or something like that

10. MikeMakes

MikeMakes Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I seriously loved the monster shaming in the Battle A.I. video.

Thank you to all the scripters and other people working with them to make the wait more bearable with the videos. It feels like I'm already using the engine myself.  Must not be easy doing all that scripting work and promoting it, too. The coordination in the whole marketing process has been so far excellent.

Hang on everyone. We're almost there!

SOC and Chickenlump like this.
  11. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Both of those new plug-ins look fantastic!

I love the little monster images that kept appearing when the video was explaining what the A.I commands were meant to do; had to re-watch that part because I kept on reading those silly things.

"My ally was low on HP so I used Heal on myself" xD

Alistair likes this.
  12. RedAkerston

RedAkerston Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Per Pixel movement and party sizes over 4, both i am guessing we won't have to wait long for...

But will either make an appearance in the initial grouping i wonder?

13. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe the plugins being showcased in the videos ARE those that will come shipped with the engine.

14. Liak

Liak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Yep, they are. The plugin counter in the upper right corner says x/37, and that's exactly the number of plugins you get as a pre-order bonus. :)

15. terwilliker

terwilliker Veteran Veteran

Is S3 hard to setup? Counting down the days!

16. RandomFactor

RandomFactor Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Pre-ordered!

I actually just purchased VX Ace with a bunch of resource packs back in May during the big 70-80% off Steam sale. LOL! :D So yes, I am new to RPG Maker - and even with the 10% off pre-order bonus, this does bring MV up to the total investment I made in VX Ace only 5 months ago.

HOWEVER...

I do see the value in upgrading relatively quickly, especially with the pre-order bonuses. The fact that MV does not try to be everything to everyone but rather intends to be more mod'able in every way will pay us back again and again over the years. Opening MV up to OS X is also a welcome step. I am not an Apple fan myself but I welcome our fruity friends into the fold! Expanding the platforms to include mobile and HTML5 is pure brilliance, and I know I will be using the HTML5 option as soon as I can. I was also initially put off by the "upgrade" to 48x48, as I feel that 32x32 is just about perfect, but after seeing what pixi.js is capable of doing with filters... mmmm... yesssss... so lovely...

All in all, I like the changes. I plan to keep my current projects on VX Ace (and not use the converter) but new project ideas are definitely waiting for MV.

17. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm pleased to see Regions and Common Events coming in, but I noticed what seems to be a big difference between this new plug in and Shaz's script for Ace.

The video says that "all 255 regions" are available to be linked to a common event.  In Shaz's version it's all regions per map not all regions in total.  I use regions and common events a lot as it saves a huge amount of time and helps prevent lag - for example having the ability to transfer from a wide area of the map edge instead of just a couple of tiles.  I could see me running out of regions, especially as some of them would be being used for other things besides common events.

Hmm, maybe a hint to Yanfly to mod this plug in?

Yanfly likes this.
  18. draykorinee

draykorinee Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Yeah, it says it right there, data taken from play store access over a 7 day period, so any unused phones aren't exactly going to be involved. You could argue that it might be worth getting 4.1 and above compatability, but really, whats the point, in a years time those 30% stuck in jellybean will have shrunk even more. Its a non argument.

Also that monster AI is so amazing, I hope people will share their monsters because I am A)Lazy B) stuck for time :p

19. chalkdust

chalkdust Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English
    There's an easy solution to this if all of your maps are the same size. You can create only one common event to handle all map transfers.

(1) Determine which direction to travel by looking at the direction your character is facing

(2) Use the direction and current map ID to determine the Destination Map (suggested method below)

(3) Setup a variable for Destination X and Destination Y

(4) Keep your current X if you're going N/S, or your current Y if you're going E/W

(5) Assign the other variable depending on which direction you are traveling

(6) Transfer using the Dest M, Dest X, and Dest Y.

Viola! You have a single region common event capable of managing all simple transfers between equal-sized maps.

Bonus: Step 2 can be accomplished different ways, but the easiest for me is to set aside a special variable for DestN, DestE, DestS, and DestW. Make a parallel process on every map to assign the ID's of all adjacent maps, then erase itself. Each time you enter a new map, it'll set the destinations for the four cardinal directions. Now you have those map ID's easily accessible for the transfer. Use your character direction to assign the appropriate one to Dest M and you're all set.

20. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @chalkdust

All maps the same size?  No chance - that would be 1) indescribably boring both for me and the player and 2) often not appropriate - consider the difference between even the most generic forest and an equally generic cave system; no way would you be transferring from an identical spot to an identical spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.