MSMPokeGamer

Game Maker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Hi, I Am Here To Ask You A Few Questions If You Wouldn't Mind Answering Them. I Would Really Love That. I Really Want To Buy The New RPG Maker MV (On Mac), But I Would Like To Know The Following First:

Can You Import Your Own Animations From Your Computer? 

Can You Import Your Own Sounds From Your Computer?

Can You Make Animations In The RPG Maker MV App?

Can I Make Animations In RPG Maker MV?

Can I Make A Hub World, Which Changes As You Progress?

Can I Export My Game, Which I Make In RPG Maker MV, To The App Store/Android Store/Steam, Without Experiencing Any Issues Over Making Money On It? If So Is There An Export Button? Is It Possible To Add Leaderboards If So For Game Centre too? And Is It Possible To Add In-App-Purchases To It?

Is RPG Maker MV Worth Buying? What Are Your Opinions On It?

Is It Possible To Make A Game Using My Own Assets/Coding It?

Is There A Currency/Shop Mechanic?

Thanks So Much If You Reply, I May Have More Questions Later, I Cannot Express My Gratitude :)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Every answer you posted can be answered with yes, although some require more work and others are depending on what you do - for example on the PC or Mac you can make a gigantic game without problems, but in an export to mobiles that might be too large to fit the smaller storage on handhelds.

Also, please write with correct capitalization - if you capitalize every word, then you make your text difficult to read and I can guarantee that you'll have to wait longer for answers because a lot of people won't bother reading your questions.

I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature to learn the basics and test the makers either with one of the trials or the free Ace lite.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes to everything. The exporting process is a bit more nuanced though, and discussion of such can be found in the commercial games discussion bit. Still, it's best left until after your fourth (or so) game anyway.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
realnutx