RPG Maker MV: Relationship/Friendship System (&More!)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Tutorials' started by Syndicate, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Syndicate

Syndicate Pandora Network Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey! Welcome back to another RPG Maker MV tutorial. As always, the download link is below to get straight into the demo!

This one covers storing a relationship/friendship value in a variable to be used to establish some sort of connection with characters around your world. Like a Sim-Esque game. As well as this, taking advantage of the disabled/hidden choice system, there's a collection mini-game where you can find and unlock new BGMs to play at your house, and a time system in which you can make certain events time-specific (by MOG).

Other cool features include a custom title screen, custom menu, custom cursor, and more!

This tutorial was really fun to create. I got to use some really awesome plugins, by Terrax, MOG and Himeworks. Their links will be below.

http://himeworks.com/
    https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/

DOWNLOAD:
    https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_qcNxnoCpuPSXd4RXVpcENjV3c&export=download

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  2. TheMarbleFox

TheMarbleFox Creative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was looking to do something like this! I knew it involved variables and stitches, thanks for showing exactly how to do it!

Syndicate likes this.
  3. Syndicate

First Language:
    English
    Hey no problem! Hope it comes in handy. I wasn't so thorough in the tutorial but the demo has lots of comments and hopefully can be reverse engineered easily :p  Have fun!

4. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    This isn't how I did mine but the principles remain the same, I just call it a master/sensei system instead :p

But didn't Yanfly have a friend system?  Thought one existed?

Stuff like this is always useful!

Syndicate likes this.
  5. Syndicate

First Language:
    English
    Haha cool. Yeah the beauty of RPG Maker is the 100's of ways to get the same/similar result, hopefully this helps :)  I think Yanfly does... Not sure though. I know Moogle has this:

Which is pretty cool, but again works a bit differently. Each to their own, as long as they're having fun and get the result they are looking for! ^_^