RPG Maker MV Screen Size?

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by ScytheMeister94, Mar 15, 2016.

1. ScytheMeister94

ScytheMeister94 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    While I love scrolling on google looking for the question to already be asked, it would seem it has not or not correctly.

I am trying to have a picture stretch the whole screen but I can't with out the screens default resolution size.

Anybody know?

2. gilgamar

gilgamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Which command are you using to stretch the picture? I didn't see one in the editor which makes me think you are either scripting a stretch function or resizing the image in an external program ahead of time.

If you are just trying to get the screen size try:

var gw = Graphics.width;
        var gh = Graphics.height;

And if you need to store this in a game variable:

$gameVariable.setValue(1, Graphics.width)

$gameVariable.setValue(2, Graphics.height)

will store the width and height in game variable 1 and 2 respectively.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Anchovy likes this.
  3. ScytheMeister94

ScytheMeister94 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I am using the control variables to make the image follow on the player so it seems like the light is dim apart from around the player, but it keeps going off to the left.

I was using screen sizes from VX Ace hoping it would work but not and I don't wont to start fiddling around with plug in's because I have no clue how they work

4. gilgamar

gilgamar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Terrax Lighting has a really cool script for custom lighting. Not sure if it would help for what you are trying to do but it might be worth looking into.

You can basically dim the entire dungeon but then give events a light source. It will automatically light the region around the player but you can tune this with the plugin commands. If you wanted to shoot a light orb from off the player you could use an event and give it a light source and then just move the light orb around.

5. chalkdust

chalkdust Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English
    If I understand your question correctly, the number you're looking for is 816x624 (equivalent to 17x13 tiles that are each 48x48 pixels). You can change this using the included "Screen Resolution" plugin.

6. ashyramoonwolf

ashyramoonwolf Chibo's Keeper Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    (ADMIN: I'm sorry if this is considered at necroposting, I just found this topic with research on google and there is a mistake in the post from @gilgamar)

The correct script is:

$gameVariables.setValue(V, Graphics.width)

$gameVariables.setValue(V, Graphics.height)

=> Variables (the "s" is missing. in gilgamar scripts)

Anchovy likes this.