ferallag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we need one for MZ now :elswt: shouldn't Rpg maker provide one with the engine?
how different MV JS from MZ JS?

henrypan321

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I noticed a small issue with the script calls for Show Animation and Show Balloon Icon, with the wait option (setWaitMode). Using script call currently in the list with the wait option will crash the game with the error: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'isAnimationPlaying' of null".

There needs to be an extra line with "this._character = character" with another modification, like so:

Show Animation
Code:
this._character = character;
this._character.requestAnimation(id);
this.setWaitMode('animation');
Show Balloon Icon
Code:
this._character = character;
this._character.requestBalloon(id);
this.setWaitMode('balloon');
where character in the first line is to be replaced with specific event (like $gamePlayer, already listed in the comment section).

akemiakia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this goldmine of information!

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Hi all,

Does anyone know the script call for the value of sp and ex parameters?
I'm using yanfly's battle ai and am trying to make priority conditions based on things such as evasion and damage rate.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

Does anyone know the script call for the value of sp and ex parameters?
I'm using yanfly's battle ai and am trying to make priority conditions based on things such as evasion and damage rate.
Im using "$gameActors.actor(1)" for this Example but that should work the same as using "$gameParty.leader()" or other character data.
("$gameActors.actor(1)" is only depending on actor ID(1) , "$gameParty.leader()" is only the Party Leader)

JavaScript:
$gameActors.actor(1).agi
// returns the agi_Value of Actor 1 in Numbers
that works with all stats from the following IMG:
Screenshot_1.png
JavaScript:
if ($gameActors.actor(1).agi == 22) {add Stuff Here};
// thats if actor 1 has agi_Value 22..
Example for "If Condition"..

Last edited:

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we need one for MZ now :elswt: shouldn't Rpg maker provide one with the engine?
how different MV JS from MZ JS?
I'm guessing the reason that they don't is that they technically already do. It's all there in the code and the community has transcribed it before so we will probably do it again. Also, it could be considered motivation to start looking under the hood, so to speak, for some of us. I just got to the point recently where I wanted to change the players movement speed based on whether or not they were on the world map so I wrote a script for it. I realized that if I'm adding a script to every move event, I should be able to write a mini plugin that accomplishes this on its own. And with some help from an amazing member of this community, I was able to do it. If I hadn't started digging around in the js files, I never would have reached to this point.

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Im using "$gameActors.actor(1)" for this Example but that should work the same as using "$gameParty.leader()" or other character data.
("$gameActors.actor(1)" is only depending on actor ID(1) , "$gameParty.leader()" is only the Party Leader)
Thanks for your reply! This works when I'm using it out of battle but not in the plugin I'm using.
(http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Battle_A.I._Core_(YEP)#Extension_Plugins)

I found a workaround though, so thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor