ferallag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we need one for MZ now :elswt: shouldn't Rpg maker provide one with the engine?
how different MV JS from MZ JS?

henrypan321

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I noticed a small issue with the script calls for Show Animation and Show Balloon Icon, with the wait option (setWaitMode). Using script call currently in the list with the wait option will crash the game with the error: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'isAnimationPlaying' of null".

There needs to be an extra line with "this._character = character" with another modification, like so:

Show Animation
Code:
this._character = character;
this._character.requestAnimation(id);
this.setWaitMode('animation');
Show Balloon Icon
Code:
this._character = character;
this._character.requestBalloon(id);
this.setWaitMode('balloon');
where character in the first line is to be replaced with specific event (like $gamePlayer, already listed in the comment section).

akemiakia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for this goldmine of information!

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Hi all,

Does anyone know the script call for the value of sp and ex parameters?
I'm using yanfly's battle ai and am trying to make priority conditions based on things such as evasion and damage rate.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

Does anyone know the script call for the value of sp and ex parameters?
I'm using yanfly's battle ai and am trying to make priority conditions based on things such as evasion and damage rate.
Im using "$gameActors.actor(1)" for this Example but that should work the same as using "$gameParty.leader()" or other character data.
("$gameActors.actor(1)" is only depending on actor ID(1) , "$gameParty.leader()" is only the Party Leader)

JavaScript:
$gameActors.actor(1).agi
// returns the agi_Value of Actor 1 in Numbers
that works with all stats from the following IMG:
Screenshot_1.png
JavaScript:
if ($gameActors.actor(1).agi == 22) {add Stuff Here};
// thats if actor 1 has agi_Value 22..
Example for "If Condition"..

Last edited:

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we need one for MZ now :elswt: shouldn't Rpg maker provide one with the engine?
how different MV JS from MZ JS?
I'm guessing the reason that they don't is that they technically already do. It's all there in the code and the community has transcribed it before so we will probably do it again. Also, it could be considered motivation to start looking under the hood, so to speak, for some of us. I just got to the point recently where I wanted to change the players movement speed based on whether or not they were on the world map so I wrote a script for it. I realized that if I'm adding a script to every move event, I should be able to write a mini plugin that accomplishes this on its own. And with some help from an amazing member of this community, I was able to do it. If I hadn't started digging around in the js files, I never would have reached to this point.

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Im using "$gameActors.actor(1)" for this Example but that should work the same as using "$gameParty.leader()" or other character data.
("$gameActors.actor(1)" is only depending on actor ID(1) , "$gameParty.leader()" is only the Party Leader)
Thanks for your reply! This works when I'm using it out of battle but not in the plugin I'm using.
(http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Battle_A.I._Core_(YEP)#Extension_Plugins)

I found a workaround though, so thanks for the help!

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Odd question, but is there a script call that can be used to change an events z axis? What I'm trying to achieve is have an event show up above a picture.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there and if so, what is the script call to determine the regionID of an event?

I know there is a script call to get the player's regionID which I can put into a variable using
$gameVariables.setValue(50, $gamePlayer.regionId()) and it works... and there is a script call to get a specific tiles regionID that I can put into a variable using the same method, but there doesn't seem to be a script call listed to get an events regionID.

I tried to use the same method with $gameMap.regionId(x, y) but setting the x, y to call on the game variables like you can do in $gameMap.event(ID).setPosition(x, y) but it doesn't seem to work. It doesn't set the regionID the way the above two methods do. I know the variables are working because I am using them to set the position of a spawned event which is happening perfectly. So I can only assume that the variables can't be read inside $gameMap.regionId(x, y) for some reason.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there and if so, what is the script call to determine the regionID of an event?
I don't know if there is a direct function as a shortcut, but you can get that info the same way an event gets it without scripting.
Search for the script equivalent of "get location info", that event command let's you get the region ID of any given map position. Provide the map position by variable/event position and you get the region ID where the event is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasasewamobilbali