rpg maker mv scripts on vx ace?

minonna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ive been developing a game on vx ace for a few days, and i already have all the plugins i need
problem is, these plugins were made for mv and often dont work
any solutions?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There isn't really any solution. You either try to find their equivalents for VX Ace or switch to using MV.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugins are written in javascript and are for MV.
Ace scripts need to be written in Ruby.

Not only is it a different language, but it's also a different database structure and class structure. So you can't even just rewrite the js in Ruby.

You either need to find the equivalent scripts in Ace (shouldn't even be looking at plugins if you're not using MV) or switch to MV. If you've only been developing for a few days, it's probably a small amount of effort to switch to MV, considering there's a script that will convert your database and maps to MV format already.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
problem is, these plugins were made for mv and often dont work
any solutions?
You can probably get the solution once you list all the script you need.
Because saying this doesn't tell us anything. You have plugins for mv that don't work for vxace. You asked for a solution. What kind of solution do you expect? a converter to vxa script? no, there is no one-click converter if that is what you were expecting.

Things you can do
  1. Search/ask if there's an equivalent script or way to implement the same thing in vxa
  2. Move to MV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lagune