RPG Maker MV + Spine

Tyrael79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
After looking at a heap of ios games and how they did there character sprites, I noticed a trend of all the "good looking" games tend to manipulate individual parts of a character to make the characters move and battle, rather than a giant character sprite sheet of a heap of different poses. This really appealed to me as it saves a significant amount of GFX design time & is significantly more flexible and doesn't require 1/2 as much storage space.

Researching it how to do it I came across spine http://esotericsoftware.com/ 

I played around with it and made a few quick little stick man and stick girl characters to see how it worked, and it was reasonably simple to use once I got over the initial learning curb.

It seems that it is currently compatible with Pixi 3, which is apparently being launched with the RPG Maker MV 1.3 update.

I was wondering if anyone is planning on making a plugin that would enable this functionality to work for characters in battles.

Best Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
wow tbh idm using this to generate spritesheets as its cut down pixel art working xD 

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm looks interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ