Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello folks!

In this thread I'm gonna collect some very good resources that are pretty unknown to most people - of course I'm gonna highlight good stuff, but if you can't find Vibrato or PandaMaru on your own I can't help you ;3
So see it as incomplete resource list to add the things you've probably not found already^^

Also a reminder that when I hightlight Japanese stuff, I cannot speak that language on my own, so here's the friendly link to https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/translated-terms-of-usage-of-japanese-blogs.27527/

I will post each recommendation in a single post for a better overview - I had bad experiences with reaching the character maximum in previous threads.

The selection is of course highly personal - things I would recommend, and to keep things sorted I would ask to not derail here. You can of course comment on the suggestions ;3 I just wanna be able to manage to content of the recommendations.
I am very open for suggestions though, but please per PM so I can sort them in here better.

The things I recommend here are either:
very hard to find (e.g. because of the language barreer)
very old and therefore kind of forgotten

Stuff I will not recommend:
threads that are still easy to find here on the boards
big sources that are well known anyways

The spotlights:
NuraRay and BadStitches - Maker Moles (Tilesets, some charsets, amazing trees)
Chocomill (Tileset, e.g. a diner)
Boosung (Ancient Japanese resources, Tileset, Sprites, Battlers, Weapons)
Joey Belmont (Tileset for a castle town and a forest)
Bit Orchard/ BIT/O (Modern tilesets)

Last edited:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
NuraRay and BadStitches - Maker Moles

Terms of use
These resources are edits of the MV-RTP, therefore you have to need the RPG Maker MV if you want to use them.
The resources may only usable in the RPG Maker program! Free to use for non commercial games. I want a finished version of your game if you use the ressources for commercial projects. Credits goes to Kadokawa/Enterbrain, to me (NuraRay) and other artists who are involved in some cowork-sets.
Edits for own purposes are free allowed. No reposts of my tilesets or resulting edits!
Nuraray_Trees.png
The first thing I have to mention when it comes to NuraRay are for sure her trees. They are just insanely good and with all the people looking for trees, they are the best way to start this list.

Also, watch out! Her trees have a winter version too, which is kind of hidden, you'll have to download the adventcalender of the German board for them (which has a lot of good stuff anyways ;3)

The site is German, but you can find her english terms and most of her resources on her blog as well:
swamp nura.pngtemple nura.jpg

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Chocomill

wood-tabless.png
This site has not many tiles, but the one it has are very cute and well done. Wanna have some very neat chairs and table or have a fancy diner in your game? Here is what you are looking for!

Chocomill has some very good Ace tiles as well, for those using it :3

midcentury-Tiless01.png

Last edited:

Nany974

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This ressources are very pretty ! Thank You very much Avery

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Boosung

(you might have to sign up e.g. to pixiv to access the resources, but it's worth it!)

Back in VX/Ace days, a lot of people were searching for Japanese styled resources and maybe it's me, but I feel like there is less demand for MV.
Nonetheless, there is one barely know but really great source for resources of that type!
bde6f6ff-6501-4de0-954e-b5b166f63680_base_resized.jpg
Boosung has tilesets, sprites, Battler (both static and SV) and SV Weapons to make a whole game in that setting.
Even if you go for modern or a random fantasy setting, you will find some bits and pieces you can use for your purpose (like for a Japanese garden)
6edb3392-5397-4946-ac45-bc060833ebdc_base_resized.jpg

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hhhhhh that diner tho. :kaoluv:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Joey Belmont

The images are down, but can be accessed through his photobucket still:

!Watch out to only stick to his MV resources, as his VX/Ace resources used parts of resources by other people who do not allow the distribution of edits!

ss_deepforest09.png
Hidden away on the portugese boards among a lot of stuff that is definitly not safe to use due to be partly stolen and uncredited there is the one thing there that I would really want to recommend.
Joey Belmont has some very nice edits that suit most of the types of games people make and from what I can see they are completly safe to use as they only derivate from the RTP.
He has some neat behaviours for the MV RTP chars along with decorative tiles for a medieval castel town or a fantastic forest.
ss-3.png

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hm, for some reason it's mostly tile stuff I recommend here... well, whatever, it is good tile stuff, so... let's talk about

Bit Orchard - BIT/O

Bit Orchard is a site I came across several times, but by the way the resources are presented and given that I can't read (or speak) Japanese, it took me a bit to understand that the resources are actually free and accessible on the site.
20191116175333.png

The site has mainly modern resources, though some of the older things are made for fantasy settings as well.
The artist has improved a lot over time, so there is a quality difference among the material, but it is up to everyone's personal choice to decide which part to use.

I love the office tiles that give a lot of options for modern games, especially the whiteboard and the printer and servers.

Another cool thing is the camping stuff with the modern tents and barbecue supplies:

A bit older and not that clean, but still a very charming set, he(?) also has a coffee shop here:

There are more bits and pieces to explore there, have fun!

Honestly, there are a lot things in there that remind me of older resource requests that are probably now too long ago to trigger, but I think these things will give a lot of people what they need. Especially since it has not only modern things, but also stuff that I have not seen being made for RMMV yet.

20180425011706.png

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Chocomill

View attachment 133284
This site has not many tiles, but the one it has are very cute and well done. Wanna have some very neat chairs and table or have a fancy diner in your game? Here is what you are looking for!

Chocomill has some very good Ace tiles as well, for those using it :3
this reminds me of my days playing Wonderland online when they would have the valentines events with different furniture pieces you could make gathering chocolate and such during grinding.

Last edited:

Bloom-Senpai

Senpai has noticed you!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Joey Belmont

The images are down, but can be accessed through his photobucket still:

!Watch out to only stick to his MV resources, as his VX/Ace resources used parts of resources by other people who do not allow the distribution of edits!

View attachment 133380
Hidden away on the portugese boards among a lot of stuff that is definitly not safe to use due to be partly stolen and uncredited there is the one thing there that I would really want to recommend.
Joey Belmont has some very nice edits that suit most of the types of games people make and from what I can see they are completly safe to use as they only derivate from the RTP.
He has some neat behaviours for the MV RTP chars along with decorative tiles for a medieval castel town or a fantastic forest.
View attachment 133381
Is this also free for commercial use? I checked the boards and it just says free but didn't say if for both non-commercial and commercial.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since there is no more information given by him in his thread, there is no way to find out but to try and contact him.
If you want these information, you'll have to ask him. He has stuff on the steam workshop and is active in brazil RPG Maker communities.

Chocopyro

Just an intermediate leveled adventurer.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Nevermind, thought you guys were talking about a different link. I'm trying to delete this post, but can't figure out how. XD

There is info. Hold on, I have an auto translate app on my browser, and here's what it says under terms of use.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 9.08.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 9.11.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 9.06.36 PM.png

Last edited:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's been a while, and while I sometimes thought I remembered something I should recommend here.... these things were usually down by now. I'm old in maker years I guess.

But still, today I have
Moooty
for you.

I don't know, maybe the stuff is well known and I missed that, forgive me then :D

Moooty has a lot of different things, so you can't say "oh, there I can get a lot of tiles" or "all my sprites", but scrolling throught this page makes me think "neat, I can totally see that resource be very useful for a game".
It's hard to give a proper preview, because it is this "a bit of everything", that makes this site so cool.
Need an elevator?
Sample_character_Elevator-300x230.pngSample_character_Elevator-300x230.png

Need diagonal stairs?Sample__DiagonalStairSet_20.jpg

Need a wavy hair generator part?
51_MT_generator_RearHair_LongWave_female.png51_MT_generator_RearHair_LongWave_female.png

Or maybe a doberman or someone singing/talking into a microphone?
moooty2.PNG

These are a few examples, just have a look, I'm sure you'll find something you need! What I like besides the variety is that these resources blend in extremely well with the default stuff in my opinion and I can see that most people might have a use for one or another bit. Just be aware you won't get huuuge set that cover most of your game, more some very neat details for mostly modern settings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm going to schedule my shuttle to the train station today... after I vote. It's not a pleasant thing to do, since I hate politics. So much negative talk. I can see why it's not allowed here. But about the shuttle. My county has a service called PalmTran, and it's really convenient. They pick you up at your home and drop you off where you need to be. Just give them a date and time.
Titlescreen idle movie player, play some videos if the player sits on the titlescreen too long! [free plugin]
"Alert, alert, there is nothing there. Wake up, there is nothing there. This is not a drill, there is nothing there. Oh hey, I see you're awake early on your day off, let's go for a run."~if dogs could talk.
I love October. It starts out with a lighthearted chillvibes. Near the end of the month, it becomes somewhat dreamy and the days feel slower. Maybe because October is the beginning of rainy season in my country. :D
Ami
--- Surprise Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Look,i'm the Cute White Ghost!
F.Mage: And,im the Scary Witch!
M.Archer: I'm The Handsome Vampire!
M.Fighter: AWOOOOOOO!!!
(Suddenly,The Electricity Is Turned Off. Then Turned On 10 Seconds Later)
Hero: (With Scream Mask & Bloody Knife) Hey,how about my Costume?
Entire Party: (Screaming Until Faint)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaeger