Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone !

I need your help ...

I bought RPG maker Mv steam version 2 days ago. When i try start a game i see problem "Rpg Maker MV hast stopped working"

Older versions Rpg was good for me and i used them many times. Never before had same problem with older versions.

I watched forum / internet / steam and i tryed fix it alone but i have done . No idea what can i do.

- I putted opengl.dll file to game folder but , no fixed
- Reinstalled / files checked on steam option , no fixed
- Updated all my drivers , no fixed
- Offed System defend programs , no fixed
- Offed my antivirus , no fixed

I need your help so much.
I need fast fix this problem because i need this program to my work

Help me my friends !

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most of your solutions have nothing to do with this error, so of course they did nothing.

There are only two things that can cause that error message: either the program is damaged (extremely unlikely) or another background program has caused the computer to block the program (99.9% of all cases).

That can be anything working in the background - antivirus is only one option (and the solution in that case is not to deactivate the antivirus, but to whitelist the program). Other options are access restriction programs, parental guidance programs, any form of heuristic malware check or in one case even an video captue program that automatically launched itself to record a let's play whenever a steam-"game" was started.

And please keep in mind that most of today's antivirus programs are entire suites and you'll need to whitelist MV in every part of that suite (usually three to four programs)

kubanotv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm it's strange like i said other older versions working for me , and many people saying opengl.dll fixing they problems but not in my case. Program can't be damaged i uninstalled and 2 time re-downloaded .. hmm . i uninstalled my antivirus and offed firewall. Program in background ? i uninstalled a no important programs from my pc ,and look please at my background process :

You can see i have only necessary programs and others are system .. And still crashing it is impossible background program blocking this program... Problem is somewhere alse , but where?

kubanotv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still waiting for answer and help , if i can't fix it i must ask steam for refund my lost... i Did all what you say and other people saying ..

Someone of support can help me ? because i fell ignored by you dear Support ;c

Only 1 guy answered but don't helped me . Someone of technical supports can help ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[mod]Please do not use red text or bump your topic with less than 72 hours as that is against our forum rules[/mod]

If you want more help than the tips I gave you above, we need to see a lit of your installed programs to even guess which program might be the cause for this. Not a screenshot of active processes, but of the list of programs in the system properties (where you deinstall programs)

kubanotv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm very sorry Andar i didn't know red is banned

Ok then , there i give you screen shots of installed programs:

There we are both ss with my installed programs, you have any idea what program can blocking MV ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't see any program that could cause problems there, but what I also don't see there is any antivirus program - and that can be critical for two different reasons.
Considering your very first post I assume that means you tried to deinstall the antivirus instead of simply whitelisting RMMV for it.

There is a reason why I call this "tried to" deinstall, because not all antivirus programs can simply be deinstalled.
If you had a simple antivirus, then it can be deinstalled that way - which would result in your computer being more in danger of virus infections, and those can block programs by destroying them as well.

If you had a more advanced antivirus suite like for example the Norton Security Suite, then trying to deinstall it will do nothing for you, because it won't be removed by a simple deinstall.
That is because the NSS has more than simple antivirus functions - it is intended for full user restrictions (in cases for example like parental guidance or company worker restrictions). However, using a program to setup restrictions and then allowing the user access to that program is a bad idea - a lot of IT workers would be able to remove their restrictions that way, and a lot of children are better at computers than their parents anyway.
So deinstalling a program like those security suites will not remove the restrictions they installed, you have to remove the restrictions before deinstalling. If such a program had blocked RMMV, then deinstalling it would not have removed the block.

So I suggest you reinstall the exact same antivirus you originally had, and then whitelist RMMV in all its components (that means telling the AV to execute that program even if it triggers an alert) and test again.

If that's not it, then I don't know what else it could be (other than an already virusinfected or damaged windows), you'll have to wait for other ideas or send an official support ticket to Degica support (this forum is basically user helping user, not the official tech suport - that is on top right under support, just write "steam" into the SN-Line of the tickets.

kubanotv

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I Did what you say but still no work , Where i can post my problem then ? to technical supports? i makes similar post on steam support this game but no answer from technics , Can you show me where i should post about this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As I said above, you shouldnot post about this, you should send a support ticket by goint trhough the support link top right.
The ticket will ask you for a SN among other things, and you need to type in "dteam" there because you have no SN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?
Damian Floyd increased the grand prize for the Driftwood Jam to a $75 steam GC!!! Thank you Damion! :)
Is everybody using their imagination?
5th Annual Driftwood Jam! $25 Steam gift card grand prize :D https://itch.io/jam/5adj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrzo