RPG Maker MV - Switches, Branches & Variables [Basic]

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Tutorials' started by Syndicate, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Syndicate

Syndicate Pandora Network Veteran

First Language:
    English
    RPG Maker MV, Basics Tutorial!

In 15 minutes I run through the available to download demo and briefly explain how a switch, variable and conditional branch works within RPG Maker MV. Make sure to download the demo provided to try for yourself and learn how it's all done!

DEMO DOWNLOAD:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_qcNxnoCpuPVWtOSHlGeHVSM2c&export=download

CREDITS:

OCRemix (Audio)

Himeworks (Splash Page)

Thanks as always,

Syndicate

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  2. Prizm Daystar

Prizm Daystar Social Butt Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This demo's event examples are exactly just what I needed in order to fix a few problems that I've been having with my first RPGMV game.

I'd been having trouble with treasure chests, with an event that was set to be some dialouge and a trigger to turn random encounters off until the character has its first weapon, and with some of the events in one of my other maps. 

I was looking all up and down the help manual and the forums for this kind of data, and almost feared I would find nothing!

Syndicate likes this.
  3. Syndicate

Syndicate Pandora Network Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey Prizm! Welcome to the RPG Maker community. I'm really glad this could help you! If you need help with anything else let me know. I've got a few other tutorials in the works but always happy to do some more to help others :)

Have fun with your project!!

Prizm Daystar likes this.
  4. Prizm Daystar

Prizm Daystar Social Butt Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I actually have been having fun with it.  I have a first alpha build of what I've made so far, I just need to figure out if I want to put it on Mediafire or my G-Drive...

A couple things in there are very placeholder because I don't have what I need to actually replace them with.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015