gamer_girl09

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The download link for the database is broken... Just letting you know...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The download link for the database is broken... Just letting you know...
yes, we know - and it will not be replaced because it is no longer neccessary.
That database has become part of the official installer several versions back, you can find it in your program folder (standalone version) or under your DLC (steam version)

TheBeardyMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
yes, we know - and it will not be replaced because it is no longer neccessary.
That database has become part of the official installer several versions back, you can find it in your program folder (standalone version) or under your DLC (steam version)
What exactly was included in the file formerly known as RMMV_data.rar, and what file name should I be looking for in my Steam DLC folder to find it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The original release database only had 4 of each options (enemies, weapons, and so on) in the database.
That was done partially for time restrictions and partially because a lot of users complained that they had to delete too much in the database when they want to use only their own ideas.

The folder NewData_FantasyEN in the program folder (both versions, I was wrong above about steam) contains an alternative database with more skills, more equipment and so on that was originally in that download. However that database is NOT balanced because the balance will also depend on what is used when or where, so even if you use that you'll still have to balance everything for your game.
But some people prefer such a start compared to having to do everything yourself.

jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey RPG maker friends, I was just watching the SV actor template here http://i.imgur.com/OB0rLBf.png and wondered:
When are the Stabbing, Swinging, and Shooting animation applied?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When are the Stabbing, Swinging, and Shooting animation applied?
they use slightly different naming, but those are the three options available under "weapon attack motion" set on the system tab of the database.
they are used when "normal attack" is selected for a skill and then based on the weapon type as defined with the system tab

jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they use slightly different naming, but those are the three options available under "weapon attack motion" set on the system tab of the database.
they are used when "normal attack" is selected for a skill and then based on the weapon type as defined with the system tab
Aha, thanks so much!
And what is the "magic/wait" animation? I can't get it to appear in the game at all...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
magic happens if a skill type is set to "[SV] Magic" on the system tab - it overrides the weapon/equipment setting for all skills of that skill type(s)

Elliott404

NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excuse me, can we have bigger tileset sheet than 768x768?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excuse me, can we have bigger tileset sheet than 768x768?
no, and there are a lot of reasons for that.

but each map can have its own tileset, and I can't think of a map that needs more variance - you just have to frankentile different sheets together to have those tiles you need for a specific map, while removing those you don't need.
One bad mistake a developer can make is to think that every map has to have the same tileset.

Elliott404

NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh- I understand.
Thank you, sir.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Elliott404 However, if you think you cannot mix and mod everything in your tilesets and dodads and sprites for the map, maybe you can search the forum about parallax making.

Still can use all the tilesets but it is more like painting the map. A bit complicated but worth a look if you feel in a pickle visually some place. (not that I think Tilesets are limiting, but who knows, maybe some day you'll need something like that.)

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV

[]
[]
[]
3526*1536

This will help you define a larger fighting character.
If you enlarge the actor-1-1 original Weapons will not appear But this form, your weapons are still showing enlarge your went weapon size. If you want

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So trying our Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol
There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plytha