MasqueradeJacker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
[UPDATE: Problem solved] The solution is down the bottom of this page!

Is there a way to tint the screen of the game, both events and tiles, but not tinting the parallax background?

For example:

Here lays the default tileset of RPG Maker MV with a custom parallax background, overall with no 'Tint Screen' applied.

FftdyRP.png

Now here is the same location in the game from the above image, but with 'Tint Screen' applied.

eswqOuI.png

As you can see, the tint effect eliminated the colours of the parallax background, making the city look dim, as supposed to bright and shining, like the first image when the 'Tint Screen' wasn't applied.

I simply want to know if there's a plugin that could fix this, or perhaps another solution, where the tilesets and events can have the 'Tint Screen' effect on, however not having the parallax background tinted.

Last edited by a moderator:

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I been trying to do the same thing!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could create an overlaying tint, for the area you want to appear dark, in GIMP or Photoshop and then display it as a fixed image in the game. You'd just need a fix picture plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In your specific example, you could use a picture instead of a parallax. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, he means except, just like he said ;)   He wants everything tinted apart from (except) the parallax background.

I don't think this is possible, if MV treats its layers the same way Ace does (and it treats pretty much everything else the same way Ace does, so I'd be surprised if it did).  The tint is applied to one of the highest layers, and affects everything below it.  The parallax background is on the lowest layer.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it is possible, and like Shaz I have my doubts, it would need a plugin, so...

I've moved this thread to JS/Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

MasqueradeJacker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi guys, I fixed this, here is the result:

xwrNIUQ.png

How I managed to fixed this was that I went back into Photoshop and just brightened the parallax image. Knowing the RPG Maker MV tint screen effect would have an effect to the parallax image, it basically made the parallax image more darker, but this time, it didn't ruin the image, it just made it more suitable for the game's look.

Alright, so if you're having troubles with the parallax image getting effected by the tint effect in RPG Maker, just brighten the image in Photoshop and use that image as the parallax background.

1693d4136f8ce6622e51139b659f623b_-fitness-spice-up-your-life-clipart-smiley-face-thumbs-up_300-284.png

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
J

xwrNIUQ.png

How I managed to fixed this was that I went back into Photoshop and just brightened the parallax image. Knowing the RPG Maker MV tint screen effect would have an effect to the parallax image, it basically made the parallax image more darker, but this time, it didn't ruin the image, it just made it more suitable for the game's look.

Alright, so if you're having troubles with the parallax image getting effected by the tint effect in RPG Maker, just brighten the image in Photoshop and use that image as the parallax background.

1693d4136f8ce6622e51139b659f623b_-fitness-spice-up-your-life-clipart-smiley-face-thumbs-up_300-284.png
Just wondering how you gaha set that up ? In the editor itself, I left black empty spaces on the map for a parrlax back img. But it didn't do anything at all.

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

xwrNIUQ.png

Alright, so if you're having troubles with the parallax image getting effected by the tint effect in RPG Maker, just brighten the image in Photoshop and use that image as the parallax background.

Mb fixed now aha

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
antschaz