Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hi bros. My native language is russian, so i`m sorry if text below will strange for you :)
I spent many time to find a solution how to compile Android-APK-file without installing JRE, JDK, Aapt, Android SDK, Python, nodeJS and all this stuff in to Windows for only one purpose. I mean portable solution.
I googled html5apkbuilder (incomplete), official guide (need TOO many soft to install), and couple of tools which is wasn`t satisfy me by some reason (not only me if they are not popular).

After three days of working i made a package of: minimized portable java environment + APK recompilator + application sign key creator + several necessary tools to create an android application + batch script for simplifying whole process.

I tested this package on CLEAN Windows: XP(x86), 7(x64), 10 (x64) without any sign of JAVA SDK. And it`s work!

So here is screenshot:

I think it`s totally obvious what you can do here ;)

Application sign key must be created at least once (of course you can recreate it as many as you want). So before your first APK making you should make a sign key - it`s easy. Just answer a few questions in script (Name, City etc.)

Next you should place your "www" folder in "!RPGMV" folder.
Also you can replace an icon there (!RPGMV\icon.png). Icon can be any resolution - script will generate the right one(s). But it must be PNG picture.
That`s it!

Now you can choose 1st option and you`ll see this:

After filling this form (and press enter) you must wait about a minute.
You`ll get theese files:
0_app.unsigned.apk - totally will not install but you can sign it manually (needs for devs)
1_app.signed.apk - signed working application
2_app.signed.aligned.apk - signed working optimized application - this is your file!

Also, as bonus, script can make 3_app.signed.max-optimized.apk and 4_app.signed.optimized.aligned.apk - this is application with insane optimization but this optimization can long a hours, so you can wait or just close script window on this step. My apk (from video) without optimization weight is about 50Mb and 40Mb after it.

P.S. i`m working with RPGMMV 1.5.1 and Android 6.0.1. Regards!

Last edited:

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hi MBTY, can you make a video showing how to use this?
Hello, my friend!
I hope i made good enough video. My phone screen record appliction can not to record sound, but game is playing sound and music vell.

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@MBTY I tried this and followed it step for step, but I only got the first file (the uninstallable apk), but not the other two. Is it because my game is over 500MB without scrubbing it? Using Windows 7 if that helps.

Last edited:

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@MBTY I tried this and followed it step for step, but I only got the first file (the uninstallable apk), but not the other two. Is it because my game is over 500MB without scrubbing it? Using Windows 7 if that helps.
Hello! You are right. The solution is to add x64 portable java components and achieve possibility to compile and sign APK up to 4 GB size. But your Windows must be x64 ofcourse. Whole tool folder will expand about +40mb when extracted. Just wait couple of hours please.

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello! You are right. The solution is to add x64 portable java components and achieve possibility to compile and sign APK up to 4 GB size. But your Windows must be x64 ofcourse. Whole tool folder will expand about +40mb when extracted. Just wait couple of hours please.
My Windows 7 PC is x86 (32-bit)... Sigh, back to searching for a x86 compatible method... RIP my dreams...

I really had high hopes for this... Maybe my other PC is x64 (if not, *world's tiniest violin plays sad music in the background*...)

Last edited:

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
My Windows 7 PC is x86 (32-bit)... Sigh, back to searching for a x86 compatible method... RIP my dreams...

I really had high hopes for this... Maybe my other PC is x64 (if not, *world's tiniest violin plays sad music in the background*...)
But any Windows x86 (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10) can`t give to any process more than 2GB of RAM (Javax86 can`t take more than 1Gb). I`m afraid you need to reinstall windows.
New version in topic. It`s automaticly detects x86/x64 OS and set limit of RAM to 1024 Mb or 4096Mb.
I tested x64 version. It can make an APK more than 1.5 Gb.

Last edited:

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Last edited:

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
JtheDuelist
You are 100% right. You can use any tool to signing an apk.
Try it and tell me if it helps.

Last edited:

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
It does work, just need to slim the project size down some in the future.

This has now become a godsend for the community.

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I`m working on v4 of this tool. JtheDuelist suggested nice method of APK-signing. It`s uses about 20-30 Mb of RAM no matter how big is APK file.
So new version no need to include x64 java components anymore! :)
Also made new video (still can`t capture sound on smartphone, sorry)
v4 is now on java components optimizing stage - longest process (about 2 hours)
Hope JtheDuelist will test it with positive results soon

Last edited:

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Will test in the morning.

If you want screen recording with sound recording, give the apps DU Screen Recorder or Mobizen a try.

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
v4 uploaded! Just tested compilation of 2 GB project on Windows XP with 1 Gb RAM in PC. Successful.

Last edited:

JtheDuelist

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
It works
APKMakr.png
But when I go to test the game on my Android device, I can hear the audio, but everything is black....

EDIT: I wasn't using the optimization feature... Will try it again with optimization.

EDIT: Even after optimization, still blacks screens with audio playing.

Last edited:

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
JtheDuelist
Can you share your project or apk file?

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Works perfect for me, this is truly great. Thank you so much for that!

LimingDesigns

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now we just need an app file that pulls the resource from a server so you can bypass the 100mb limits.

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Oh. I have no idea how to split big apk to small APK (< 100 mb) and resource obb file.

LimingDesigns

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awe dang. It’s worth a shot haha.

Last edited:

MBTY

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Good news everyone! I think i understand how to create OBB files. (Expansion files for publication on google play)
Bad news everyone.. i`m afraid we need some kind of code or plugin to include in our MV projects to read this OBB files. I can not realize this on my own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, there.
I'm Creta Park, as Software engineer and Indie game developer.

Profile : creft.me/cretapark
GitHub : github.com/creta5164
Blog : creta5164.tumblr.com

My stuff

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarry123