RPG Maker MV v1.3.1: Fixes

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Software Updates' started by Archeia, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kachiko

Kachiko Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm not sure how steam handles it, but as far as the download link posted above for the alternative, it seems to just re-update to v1.3.0.
    Wrong installer, lol?

2. Nanaya

Nanaya Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's what I did by accident there's a few hours ago, but thanks for your help.

Well, the auto-update seems to require to be non beta... Aside from that, it goes fine. I guess...

The installer doesn't seems to work for the Steam and bêta issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  3. lostdragon

lostdragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The intermittent stuttering appears to be fixed for me.  It was always intermittent so hopefully it doesn't come back, but initial trials of roaming a 255x255 map seem to point toward promising results.

Thank you!

4. chalkdust

chalkdust Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English
    I'm going to do more tinkering and troubleshooting to rule out operator error before making an official bug report, but perhaps someone would like to offer some thoughts on this problem I'm having:

I have both the Steam and standalone versions. The Steam version updated to 1.3.1. The standalone installer updated the standalone version's js files, but the "About" still says 1.3.0 so this fits with the explanation above that the exe wasn't updated.

The following problems are happening on both versions (in both old projects and in a fresh project with no plugins):

(1) The WEBGL: INVALID_VALUE error is still appearing in the console. (All js files and index are the latest versions.)

(2) Transferring to a map with a different tileset, and then back to the first map (reloading an already-loaded tileset), causes a blending error around the borders of certain tiles (those with partially transparent pixels, I think). This blending error disappears if I revert rpg_core.js to the 1.3.0 version.

[​IMG]

Since no one else has reported this problem I'm leaning toward operator error of some kind at this point. I don't want to bother the staff and devs with a bad report until I can confirm, so I'd like a few others to please test and let me know if you get the same blending error. I have prepared a sample project for an official report if I can get some confirmation that this isn't just me.

5. Quite.Toxick

Quite.Toxick Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Hey Archeia!

I got the update to 1.3.1 from Steam, but the scrolling flicker still remains.  :headshake:

I cannot make use of your download link, as I have a mac and exe-files won't do anything here  :unsure:

Hope there will be a proper fix soon...

Thank you and have a great day!  :)

6. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've tested your sample project and you're all right. There is a problem with the blending and yes, if I create a new project, the "WEBGL: INVALID_VALUE error" appears and I have the same blending error as you, no matter what. I'm using the Steam version too, but not the standalone. Since it's a common problem, it really deserves an official bug report in the Support forums.

chalkdust likes this.
  7. Linard

Linard Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Same issue :(  But don't have a standalone version.

chalkdust likes this.
  8. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM

Blending is OK but please do not report invalid_value. We are aware of it and I'm pretty sure that's fixed so I'll recheck again -.-

chalkdust and Oscar92player like this.
  9. chalkdust

chalkdust Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for checking, I'll make an official report in the support forums then.

Edit: posted bug report

Oscar92player likes this.
  10. Liquidize

Liquidize Caffeine Overload Developer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

There was no update to the editor itself, so I am guessing the deployment team chose to not rebuild the editor and include a useless update such as that in the hotfix. Trust me, if the editor was rebuilt it would say 1.3.1, I changed the numbers myself :). Also from the data gathered by reliable sources it seems all the listed changes should be working, please keep in mind updating the engine to use pixi4 is a major overhaul and a few bugs not listed here may still remain.

Edit: It seems the WebGL buffer error may still be occurring, we are looking into it.

gmestanley likes this.
  11. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Have 2 little bug here guys.
    Strange bug ! my game work but good but , i dont like when i have red in console :)

1: Network dont found some pixi-lib ? But the file are in folder !? its add .map after the .js extention ??

2016-08-13.png

2: In console 

WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: bufferData: size == 0 ??

2016-08-13 (1).png

12. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I haven't updated yet- but has anyone reported graphical glitches with character sheets bigger than the standard RTP size?

For example I notice that sometimes white pixels briefly go transparent and sometimes pixels next to certain areas can be smeared down or in unusual places.

I have checked several times with my sheets for transparency layers and none of this seems to add up.

13. brandos

brandos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    So we can't report the memory leak because it can't be proberbly visualized with only 90 mb projects. Smart move.

14. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I can't seem to replicate any memory leak in MV, how does that exactly happen to you? And what are your pc specs? Host the project on mediafire maybe?

This hints me you might be using unbelievably huge parallax images but I might be wrong.

Susan likes this.
  15. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm going to suspect what Dalph says here. I'm still on 1.1 and have no memory leak. After all, remember that parallax images have to load into memory their entire size first to be used (and then some extra, as you cannot ever load into memory the exact size of things. Memory is not set up to work like that at all).

And on that note, what would be the best way to go from 1.1 to 1.3.1 if I were to do so? Just download the new link?

Dalph likes this.
  16. The MM

The MM Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Got a little problem here.

I've done the update to 1.3.1 just now and even though I re-opened RPG Maker, seems the Help>About still shows 1.3.0 and the BGM just refuses to loop, just like it did in 1.3.0.

How can I fix that?

17. Isaac The Red

Isaac The Red RedMage Veteran

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Make a dedicated project, specifically to show off the bug, that is what the project size limit is meant to force people to do. Strip the Music and ALL other assets not needed to display the bug. How LARGE of a file do you really need? If there is a memory leak, it should be visible even with small total project size, instead of your game running away with 500+MB of ram and growing, it will runn off with 200 and growing or something but still should be visible if the problem is there. ALSO remember, that all bug reports are to be done WITHOUT plugins. So if you can not reproduce the bug without plugins then you need to isolate what plugin you are using the makes the bug happen and then contact that plugin's developer about the bug.

This is in no way their attempt at silencing a bug report, this is about making this EASY to work with for everything. Easy for us making a report to upload the affected project, and easy for them to download and USE the affected project to see whats happening and why. When I am helping fix problems for other users of MV, after getting an explenation of the problem, if I can not immediately come up with an answer to the problem that I know will work, I'll ask if theri willing to send me a stripped down version of the project removing all unnecessary assets Because I don't want to download someones 600+ MB project to fix one or two small problems with it, I rather download a 100MB project with only the essentials and bug-fix from there.

BodkinsOdds, Susan and Nanaya like this.
  18. gmestanley

gmestanley An Ordinary Wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Liquidize said that the programmers chose to not update the editor, since if they did that, then the editor would display v1.3.1 on the About section.

As for the BGM problem...I dunno.

19. Nanaya

Nanaya Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I even say that one of the bug that I had was due to a conflict between two of my plugin, and since they weren't related, I had a hard time to replicate it out of my project. But doing so, I managed to reveal the culprit and correct everything. So no, that's not to silenced people but to help them !

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016
    Susan likes this.
  20. solaris1111

solaris1111 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I also have the same problem concerning the blending. For exemple, water plants appear with a with contour.

Oscar92player and Isaac The Red like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.