RPG Maker MV v1.3.1: Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writers_Block

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Self switches appear to no longer work after this update, anyone else experiencing this?

Ralph

Retired Badass
Restaff Lead
Reaction score
First Language
Fantasy Heroics
Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
Oh, man, oh why....?

Note: open spoiler at own risk.
In fairness testing with small paralaxes also has a memory leak, but at least with manageable filesizes its not rediculusly insane as it is with 50mb paralaxes. lol

Self switches appear to no longer work after this update, anyone else experiencing this?
Not having that bug myself, double checked. 

Kaliya

// Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In fairness testing with small paralaxes also has a memory leak, but at least with manageable filesizes its not rediculusly insane as it is with 50mb paralaxes. lol
We are aware, and as stated we are working on it. It isn't just as simple as "clear the image cache" every so often. :)

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
We are aware, and as stated we are working on it. It isn't just as simple as "clear the image cache" every so often. :)
I'm not much of a coder with the complicated stuff. :D  But I can imagine so, trying to manage the cache in way thats effective across the board as to not need to redownload all the images all the time on say a web release version of the engine and having the engine smartly refer to cached images as opposed to reloading the image all the time. Far more complicated than my js knowledge can work with. So I am jealous of all the scriptwriters out there and their capabilities. Sorcery I tell you!

brandos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Is KDKW aware of the memory leak too and  how long you're trying to fix it?

Kaliya

// Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is KDKW aware of the memory leak too and  how long you're trying to fix it?
Again KDKW would not fix the memory leak anyway, probably. In past RM's there were very few, if at all any updates after release, primarily just hotfix updates or adding steam support. "How long you're trying to fix it?" We can't answer that, we cannot discuss our roadmap, or what we have been doing with the engine. I can tell you, that not for very long, upgrading to pixi4 was more of a priority than the memory leak.

Ralph

Retired Badass
Restaff Lead
Reaction score
First Language
Fantasy Heroics
Kadokawa doesnt expect users to use RM like that. There is a reason you only have 1 parallax

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just out of curiosity, what is the point of using images over 5000x3000? 50mb each basically, that's insane.

What are you trying to make there?

The size of your game will be ridiculously big at the end, 500mb is already a lot for an rm game (and there are only 6 maps).

brandos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Kadokawa doesnt expect users to use RM like that. There is a reason you only have 1 parallax

Travelling through 50 maps with one parallax per map has the same effect like being on one map with 50 parallax.

Again KDKW would not fix the memory leak anyway, probably. In past RM's there were very few, if at all any updates after release, primarily just hotfix updates or adding steam support. "How long you're trying to fix it?" We can't answer that, we cannot discuss our roadmap, or what we have been doing with the engine. I can tell you, that not for very long, upgrading to pixi4 was more of a priority than the memory leak.

Ah, alright. Thanks.  That's good to hear I guess? Still a bit shocking that they wouldn't fix something that would go as false advertising in many countries.

Just out of curiosity, what is the point of using images over 5000x3000? 50mb each basically, that's insane.

What are you trying to make there?

The size of your game will be ridiculously big at the end, 500mb is already a lot for an rm game (and there are only 6 maps).

Again this project was created just for the purpose of a dramatic effect to display the memory leak. Also If I had used normal sized pictures it would have taken quite the time to create those 50 maps to get up to 1gb. It was faster to create, more dramatic effect. Next time maybe read through a conversation before you decide to take part in it.

Kaliya

// Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How would that go as false advertising? The engine works, when you use it  the way they intend you to use it. Their is something called liability, and they aren't liable at all if you don't use the engine the way they designed it too. Just cause it may take more time for a memory leak to appear doesn't mean the engine doesn't work.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The size of your game will be ridiculously big at the end, 500mb is already a lot for an rm game.
Dalph has a point here. 500 mb is already bigger than my ENTIRE game (which is now playable from start to finish), and even after I add the three missing songs to it I doubt I'm going to gain the 200 mb needed to hit 500 mb.

Right now from what I can see brandos' game is looking like it will take up more HD space than FF-Type 0 when done. Just who is going to download and play it?

Ralph

Retired Badass
Restaff Lead
Reaction score
First Language
Fantasy Heroics
How would that go as false advertising? The engine works, when you use it  the way they intend you to use it. Their is something called liability, and they aren't liable at all if you don't use the engine the way they designed it too.
Parallax mapping certainly isn't part of RPGMaker too so...

brandos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Dalph has a point here. 500 mb is already bigger than my ENTIRE game (which is now playable from start to finish), and even after I add the three missing songs to it I doubt I'm going to gain the 200 mb needed to hit 500 mb.

Right now from what I can see brandos' game is looking like it will take up more HD space than FF-Type 0 when done. Just who is going to download and play it?

Again this project was created just for the purpose of a dramatic effect to display the memory leak. Also If I had used normal sized pictures it would have taken quite the time to create those 50 maps to get up to 1gb. It was faster to create, more dramatic effect

Parallax mapping certainly isn't part of RPGMaker too so...

Oh, so the option to add a parallax map in the map option window is a plugin?  

Ralph

Retired Badass
Restaff Lead
Reaction score
First Language
Fantasy Heroics
That is one parallax and shouldn't be causing issues  if you remember the limits I said earlier.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

The basic purpose of using the option to add a parallax is for adding a sky effect behind the maps, not to make maps without using a Tileset. The parallax mapping was commonly used with RMVX because it didn't have the option to use more than a single Tileset for all the maps. Now that VX Ace and MV offers the option to add more Tilesets, parallax mapping it's almost obsolete. With a proper Tileset configuration, you can do larger maps without using larger images and lagging your project. In my opinion, the parallax mapping is more slower that making a map with the editor itself.

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
worst part is i have to remember my screen resolution and menu fixes T_T

Yeah, I goofed up and overwrote my custom swimming and flying script. It took a few hours to rewrite. As many times as I've done this you would think I would've learned to make backups by now. Operator error, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teberion