Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm glad I don't follow all advice on internet forums. My modest Game is running very much smoother under 1.3.1; I'm very pleased with the update. The slight 'hiccup' regarding the BGM was very rapidly fixed. No complaints whatever, here.

R91KekF.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So Dad. We should get the update and take the chance of our project getting screwed up?

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
guess we can go back to 1.2 if we have to

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So Dad. We should get the update and take the chance of our project getting screwed up?

I've been doing IT for a very long time. I learned decades ago about the very real benefits of backing up regularly and systematically, and doubly so when migrating and upgrading, on any system, whatever the supposed risks or certainties. Not all system changes enable an easy roll-back; MV is one of that rare breed, however. Despite this, I recommend belts and braces, all of the time. It may seem to be a chore, but it soon becomes a habit, even a ritual, and it saves, not just time, but in some (many..?) cases, an awful lot of money. I followed the instructions and had no problems whatever. Was I just lucky..? Maybe so.

Still, moving to a later version is not mandatory, and we all do things differently, I suppose.

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been doing IT for a very long time. I learned decades ago about the very real benefits of backing up regularly and systematically, and doubly so when migrating and upgrading, on any system, whatever the supposed risks or certainties. Not all system changes enable an easy roll-back; MV is one of that rare breed, however. Despite this, I recommend belts and braces, all of the time. It may seem to be a chore, but it soon becomes a habit, even a ritual, and it saves, not just time, but in some (many..?) cases, an awful lot of money. I followed the instructions and had no problems whatever. Was I just lucky..? Maybe so.

Still, moving to a later version is not mandatory, and we all do things differently, I suppose.

And in the case of RMMV if you back up, and then update, worse case scenario, theres a few different bugs than before, and you can't use a couple plugins until either you [if you make them yourself] or the plugin dev update them. pretty sweet deal really.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only problem I'm having is with the editor's Music Player not looping audio.  The engine itself loops the audio, but not the editor.  Using the non-Steam version, cuz Steam itself is a resource hog.  Sometimes I like listening to the music while I work because a lot of it is pretty awesome.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only problem I'm having is with the editor's Music Player not looping audio.  The engine itself loops the audio, but not the editor.  Using the non-Steam version, cuz Steam itself is a resource hog.  Sometimes I like listening to the music while I work because a lot of it is pretty awesome.

I had that problem, too. I uninstalled MV, then redownloaded it from the store (just to be safe) and reinstalled it. I then updated straight to 1.3.1 - this seemed to fix it for me.

burb

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
After updating to 1.3.1 I'm getting an error in the dev console, but it's seemingly not affecting gameplay.

I've copied all NewData files into my existing project, including the index.html file.

Anyone else experiencing this?

dev-error.PNG

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After updating to 1.3.1 I'm getting an error in the dev console, but it's seemingly not affecting gameplay.

I've copied all NewData files into my existing project, including the index.html file.

View attachment 45102

you werent suppose to do the index file since that was all your plug in set up....

also how do you bring up the console now F8 isnt working anymore

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you werent suppose to do the index file since that was all your plug in set up....

Plugin Setup is in plugins.js not the index. Though I'm unsure of why the console isn't showing up for you F8 still brings it up for me.

burb

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

I haven't copied over the plugin.js file, so that's all okay.

F8 is still working fine.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is nothing forgotten - the problem here is that cache management isn't as easy as you make it sound, and using unoptimized ridicilously large images only increases the problems that can't be avoided. make your maps smaller and send your parallaxes through image optimizers, then talk again.

or convert paralaxe to jpg .

and rename .png,

is work for me and read the jpg compression.

7mo png24 to 2mo jpg(70)

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I downloaded and installed. Self installed to root directory. Opened up MV...Nothing new. Still version 1.2

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I downloaded and installed. Self installed to root directory. Opened up MV...Nothing new. Still version 1.2

Did you update from 1.2.0 to 1.3.1 directly or first update to 1.3.0? Also did you make sure it was installing the update to the actual install directory of RPGMaker MV?

exsharaen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses

View attachment 45102

I have the same problem too. Even new projects have the same issue. RMMV 1.3.1 Steam version here.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a temporary solution to fix a problem in Network load file

I do not know if it's the right way to do, nor even if it has impact.
If progz can answer me.

Capture.JPG

Duplicate etch file and rename it with +.map

Capture2.JPG

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Again this project was created just for the purpose of a dramatic effect to display the memory leak. Also If I had used normal sized pictures it would have taken quite the time to create those 50 maps to get up to 1gb. It was faster to create, more dramatic effect. Next time maybe read through a conversation before you decide to take part in it.

Prove to me that 50 maps with normal parallaxes will eventually cause the same effect, then talk.

Your example is extreme.

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Prove to me that 50 maps with normal parallaxes will eventually cause the same effect, then talk.

Your example is extreme.

Dalph, it's been stated already that the Devs are aware of the memory leak. If you would Like Dalph I can make a 2 map single default paralax and turn it into a full screencap video displaying memory usage of the game steadily grow as I move between the two maps repeatedly. I won't defend His [Brandos] actions of using unrealistically large images for the parallaxes. But for those who have never noticed this bug, It does Highlight it rather quickly. Unlike smaller paralaxes where it doesnt cause much of an issue unless youve been running the game for a long time.

I also noticed if you set the Paralax to scroll, it will also slowly eat more and more memory on its own without moving maps. but thats a much slower and hard to noticed leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magenz