RPG Maker MV v1.3.1: Fixes

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Software Updates' started by Archeia, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amazonwalrus

amazonwalrus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I downloaded and installed. Self installed to root directory. Opened up MV...Nothing new. Still version 1.2

2. Isaac The Red

Isaac The Red RedMage Veteran

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Did you update from 1.2.0 to 1.3.1 directly or first update to 1.3.0? Also did you make sure it was installing the update to the actual install directory of RPGMaker MV?

3. exsharaen

exsharaen Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesian

I have the same problem too. Even new projects have the same issue. RMMV 1.3.1 Steam version here.

4. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I found a temporary solution to fix a problem in Network load file

I do not know if it's the right way to do, nor even if it has impact.
    If progz can answer me.

Capture.JPG

Duplicate etch file and rename it with +.map

Capture2.JPG

5. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Prove to me that 50 maps with normal parallaxes will eventually cause the same effect, then talk.

Your example is extreme.

Susan likes this.
  6. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Dalph, it's been stated already that the Devs are aware of the memory leak. If you would Like Dalph I can make a 2 map single default paralax and turn it into a full screencap video displaying memory usage of the game steadily grow as I move between the two maps repeatedly. I won't defend His [Brandos] actions of using unrealistically large images for the parallaxes. But for those who have never noticed this bug, It does Highlight it rather quickly. Unlike smaller paralaxes where it doesnt cause much of an issue unless youve been running the game for a long time.

I also noticed if you set the Paralax to scroll, it will also slowly eat more and more memory on its own without moving maps. but thats a much slower and hard to noticed leak.

7. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

You misunderstood, I didn't say there is no memory leak in my previous post, I just asked him to prove me if the 50 maps will cause the same effect as in his example. The devs said there is a memory leak, but it's not as bad as he claims it to be. The effect is not as disastrous as in his sample project, you would need to play a game for over 15 straight hours to start seeing it (and yet it won't be as bad).

What I was wondering is, how is this even affecting his game dev? Unless that dude has his game on 24\7 I don't see this being a huge problem at all.

Anyway, I'm out of this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016
    Susan and The Stranger like this.
  8. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think that the memory leak issue has already been brough up since the release, and the devs are well aware of it. Due to time contraint and limited resources, they have to prioritize their fixes. I'm sure they were trying to fix the memory leak problem and would have released the patch together in this same update, but in all fairness, it's hard to do so when the community demands a release "now" since, like, the version 1.2 release.

I think Dalph meant to say that 50 maps of the normal size doesn't cause such a terrible memory leak like what brandos's example did. As@Isaac The Red says, it'll likely happen, but it'll take longer. @Dalph™ didn't mean to imply that such an issue didn't exist, at least, as far as I can see from his post. I've got to say, though, it's hard to take someone seriously when they use examples that way exceeds the norm and/or recommendation just for the sake of a "dramatic effect", though, I do understand why be did that. Language barrier is probably one of the problems here on the forums, since not everyone's first language is English.

The devs admitted that the problem exists and that they're working on it, so perhaps we can let this part of the discussion lay to rest so that the devs can focus on their work and give up more awesome fixes and features. :)

Marsigne, The Stranger and Dalph like this.
  9. gmestanley

gmestanley An Ordinary Wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hmm...

...what can we discuss about MV now?

10. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  11. gmestanley

First Language:
    Portuguese

But this would be on a project's topic, and this topic's comment section only serves to analyze the program.

Am I right or wrong?

12. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    How about quality of life stuff? I'd like to be able to have the database open on one of my screens and the map editor/Event Editor on another window. Or be able to keep the plugin help window open and off to the side while I work on my database or events so that I can reference it repeatedly and still edit note tags and script calls without the disjointed feeling of closing and re-opening and refinding my place in the help file repeatedly. Ahhh now that would be amazing. :D

Susan likes this.
  13. gmestanley

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Susan likes this.
  14. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016
    Susan and gmestanley like this.
  15. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure if you were aiming the first question at me or generally, but I feel inclined to respond because of my prior post.

From what you say here, you imply that there is nothing else to say once we stop talking about memory leak. I'm sure there are a lot of other things to say positively or negatively regarding MV. A lot of people have reported graphical glitches, audio issues, etc. We can try to be more productive and report bugs or request features that might be useful for everyone, but constantly nagging the devs and demanding fixes is just going to delay production and make people burned out. I own MV too, and I'm frustrated with the bugs and/or lack of certain features, and I do appreciate all the reports and comments other users make since one person can't replicate every single bug out there. I just think it's both useless and annoying to keep reiteritaring the same thing over and over again when the devs have already acknowledged the issue and are actively working on it. There is life after memory leak, after all. ;)

16. gmestanley

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Oh yeah, forgot about that particular detail.

I'm not understanding much about this "memory leak" thing, but what I can assume I understood is that this means MV consumes too much RAM from the computer, right?

Well, consuming memory or not, I still want to say that the pre-made Fantasy database was kind of a good idea though.  :)

Susan likes this.
  17. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @gmestanley: Yes, and agreed. :)

Also, that particular talented poring has been releasing loads of amazing stuff that makes me want to create so many more "will never be completed" projects.

See you in <insert fantasy> land, and all the best in your own projects. :D

18. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    It's not so much that it uses too much RAM, its that when it takes the ram, it doesn't give it back until the program closes. 

Susan likes this.
  19. gmestanley

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hey, is Aekashics accepting battler requests? 'cause I make a request of a bunny battler for MV in every RPG Maker community that I enter and no one attends my wish, so Aekashics making this battler to me would be great.

See ya.  :p

Susan likes this.
  20. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pretty sure this thread is not made for discussion about Aekashics battlers.

Susan, gmestanley and The Stranger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.