Not open for further replies.

amazonwalrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I downloaded and installed. Self installed to root directory. Opened up MV...Nothing new. Still version 1.2

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
I downloaded and installed. Self installed to root directory. Opened up MV...Nothing new. Still version 1.2
Did you update from 1.2.0 to 1.3.1 directly or first update to 1.3.0? Also did you make sure it was installing the update to the actual install directory of RPGMaker MV?

exsharaen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
After updating to 1.3.1 I'm getting an error in the dev console, but it's seemingly not affecting gameplay.

I've copied all NewData files into my existing project, including the index.html file.

Anyone else experiencing this?

View attachment 45102

I have the same problem too. Even new projects have the same issue. RMMV 1.3.1 Steam version here.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a temporary solution to fix a problem in Network load file

I do not know if it's the right way to do, nor even if it has impact.
If progz can answer me.

Capture.JPG

Duplicate etch file and rename it with +.map

Capture2.JPG

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Again this project was created just for the purpose of a dramatic effect to display the memory leak. Also If I had used normal sized pictures it would have taken quite the time to create those 50 maps to get up to 1gb. It was faster to create, more dramatic effect. Next time maybe read through a conversation before you decide to take part in it.

Prove to me that 50 maps with normal parallaxes will eventually cause the same effect, then talk.

Your example is extreme.

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
Prove to me that 50 maps with normal parallaxes will eventually cause the same effect, then talk.

Your example is extreme.
Dalph, it's been stated already that the Devs are aware of the memory leak. If you would Like Dalph I can make a 2 map single default paralax and turn it into a full screencap video displaying memory usage of the game steadily grow as I move between the two maps repeatedly. I won't defend His [Brandos] actions of using unrealistically large images for the parallaxes. But for those who have never noticed this bug, It does Highlight it rather quickly. Unlike smaller paralaxes where it doesnt cause much of an issue unless youve been running the game for a long time.

I also noticed if you set the Paralax to scroll, it will also slowly eat more and more memory on its own without moving maps. but thats a much slower and hard to noticed leak.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Dalph, it's been stated already that the Devs are aware of the memory leak.

You misunderstood, I didn't say there is no memory leak in my previous post, I just asked him to prove me if the 50 maps will cause the same effect as in his example. The devs said there is a memory leak, but it's not as bad as he claims it to be. The effect is not as disastrous as in his sample project, you would need to play a game for over 15 straight hours to start seeing it (and yet it won't be as bad).

What I was wondering is, how is this even affecting his game dev? Unless that dude has his game on 24\7 I don't see this being a huge problem at all.

Anyway, I'm out of this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that the memory leak issue has already been brough up since the release, and the devs are well aware of it. Due to time contraint and limited resources, they have to prioritize their fixes. I'm sure they were trying to fix the memory leak problem and would have released the patch together in this same update, but in all fairness, it's hard to do so when the community demands a release "now" since, like, the version 1.2 release.

I think Dalph meant to say that 50 maps of the normal size doesn't cause such a terrible memory leak like what brandos's example did. As@Isaac The Red says, it'll likely happen, but it'll take longer. @Dalph™ didn't mean to imply that such an issue didn't exist, at least, as far as I can see from his post. I've got to say, though, it's hard to take someone seriously when they use examples that way exceeds the norm and/or recommendation just for the sake of a "dramatic effect", though, I do understand why be did that. Language barrier is probably one of the problems here on the forums, since not everyone's first language is English.

The devs admitted that the problem exists and that they're working on it, so perhaps we can let this part of the discussion lay to rest so that the devs can focus on their work and give up more awesome fixes and features. :)

gmestanley

An Ordinary Wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hmm...

...what can we discuss about MV now?

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
But this would be on a project's topic, and this topic's comment section only serves to analyze the program.

Am I right or wrong?
How about quality of life stuff? I'd like to be able to have the database open on one of my screens and the map editor/Event Editor on another window. Or be able to keep the plugin help window open and off to the side while I work on my database or events so that I can reference it repeatedly and still edit note tags and script calls without the disjointed feeling of closing and re-opening and refinding my place in the help file repeatedly. Ahhh now that would be amazing. :D

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if you were aiming the first question at me or generally, but I feel inclined to respond because of my prior post.

From what you say here, you imply that there is nothing else to say once we stop talking about memory leak. I'm sure there are a lot of other things to say positively or negatively regarding MV. A lot of people have reported graphical glitches, audio issues, etc. We can try to be more productive and report bugs or request features that might be useful for everyone, but constantly nagging the devs and demanding fixes is just going to delay production and make people burned out. I own MV too, and I'm frustrated with the bugs and/or lack of certain features, and I do appreciate all the reports and comments other users make since one person can't replicate every single bug out there. I just think it's both useless and annoying to keep reiteritaring the same thing over and over again when the devs have already acknowledged the issue and are actively working on it. There is life after memory leak, after all. ;)

gmestanley

An Ordinary Wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
But Ækashics is a poring. Porings are pink. :p
Oh yeah, forgot about that particular detail.

I'm not sure if you were aiming the first question at me or generally, but I feel inclined to respond because of my prior post.

From what you say here, you imply that there is nothing else to say once we stop talking about memory leak. I'm sure there are a lot of other things to say positively or negatively regarding MV. A lot of people have reported graphical glitches, audio issues, etc. We can try to be more productive and report bugs or request features that might be useful for everyone, but constantly nagging the devs and demanding fixes is just going to delay production and make people burned out. I own MV too, and I'm frustrated with the bugs and/or lack of certain features, and I do appreciate all the reports and comments other users make since one person can't replicate every single bug out there. I just think it's both useless and annoying to keep reiteritaring the same thing over and over again when the devs have already acknowledged the issue and are actively working on it. There is life after memory leak, after all. ;)
I'm not understanding much about this "memory leak" thing, but what I can assume I understood is that this means MV consumes too much RAM from the computer, right?

Well, consuming memory or not, I still want to say that the pre-made Fantasy database was kind of a good idea though.  :)

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
I'm not understanding much about this "memory leak" thing, but what I can assume I understood is that this means MV consumes too much RAM from the computer, right?

Well, consuming memory or not, I still want to say that the pre-made Fantasy database was kind of a good idea though.  :)
It's not so much that it uses too much RAM, its that when it takes the ram, it doesn't give it back until the program closes. 

gmestanley

An Ordinary Wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@gmestanley: Yes, and agreed. :)

Also, that particular talented poring has been releasing loads of amazing stuff that makes me want to create so many more "will never be completed" projects.

See you in <insert fantasy> land, and all the best in your own projects. :D
Hey, is Aekashics accepting battler requests? 'cause I make a request of a bunny battler for MV in every RPG Maker community that I enter and no one attends my wish, so Aekashics making this battler to me would be great.

See ya.  :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmenezes