Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightzelda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I wasn't able to find any other bugs related to this.

In the editor if I have tilesets overlap each other it will sometimes swap in game but show that it is right in the editor. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

This only started showing up after I updated to 1.3.1

Screenshot (47).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
I haven't come across this bug before before. If you can reproduce it in another project and make the project small enough make a proper bug report. I can see that bug being a pain right quick.

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
n the editor if I have tilesets overlap each other it will sometimes swap in game but show that it is right in the editor. Does anyone know what might be causing

Your problem is most likely caused by the passability settings on your tiles. If you place a X or O tile over a star tile while mapping in the editor, the Z layer in-game will not match what you see in the editor. Star tiles are "above player" and will always appear so in-game, even if you have put a X/O tile over them in the map editor.

In other words, your roof tiles are probably incorrectly marked as X/O, when they should be star. That should fix things for you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@midnightzelda Something like this has been reported in the past, but also pre-1.3.0 and not as a bug, but as a result of a tileset setting that isn't direct enough.

If it is the same as the other reports, then this happens only with tiles set to star, and as a result of two upper layers.

If you place a tile with star passability first, then a tile without star, then the editor will display them in the order placed but ingame the star setting will force the other tile to top.

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
@midnightzelda Something like this has been reported in the past, but also pre-1.3.0 and not as a bug, but as a result of a tileset setting that isn't direct enough.

If it is the same as the other reports, then this happens only with tiles set to star, and as a result of two upper layers.

If you place a tile with star passability first, then a tile without star, then the editor will display them in the order placed but ingame the star setting will force the other tile to top.
I didn't actually know this, so yay for new knowledge. :o

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue is because you have tiles with a star passage, and you put them down, and then you put down tiles that don't have a star passage.  The editor shows them in the order you drew them, which may not be the same order / priority they're displayed with in-game.  This issue has been here since the very first MV and at that time we were told changing the editor was too risky.

In short - if you put down B-E tiles that you don't want there, actually erase them, rather than just covering them with other tiles, because with the 2 upper layers, just because you can't see them doesn't mean they're not there.

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I too am waiting for the memory leak fix, I don't want a situation where the player has the game running on a tab and then over time disaster happens putting the blame solely on my shoulders. With that said **Warning mini rant**

This is really the only industry where it is socially acceptable to commonly use the phrase "whenever we get around to it"  food, art, music, ect this would not only be rejected but could potentially get sued. The only industry that sort of comes close to this is TV hardware, but even then if you took it home, booted it up, and it powered down and started acting funny after so many hours, you would get a response like these found here on this site. "It will be fixed when it's fixed" or my recent favorite "Meh who needs to play that long anyway?" ...while you community including myself is willing to accept these social standards of software development there is a limit to how many times responses like that don't garnish backlash.

To the users understand that you have very very little ground to stand on, even in the worst case hypothetical situation where they supply no more updates and not work on anything more, the most that will happen is Enterbrain will find a different publisher leaving you the fans out in the cold. So be nice, and wait as I have, heck I'm still waiting for my refund on member+ and that was way back. Memory leak will be fixed (if its fixed at all) in due time.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MV 1.3 now works with updated versions of nw.js, though they seemed slower on my tests.

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
@Mako Yea basically this, but I think conversation diverged away from that topic far enough back. people get it, doesn't make them any less antsy about it though. As you yourself just said, you don't want your game to cause problems with the consumers, neither do any of us. :3 I myself am happy to watch and wait, as they have proven to me so far that they haven't left us in the dark and are working on things. Even more so as one Dev stated, they were Hired to fix bug's in the Editor. Them working on the Engine it'self is a bonus. [though that may only apply to that single Dev. XD] I look forward to each incrimental Update that leads us closer to a Final state where there are no catastrophic bugs.

Though if anyone can update that old script that was used to occasionally clear the image cache, that would be at least a bandaid for now.

gmestanley

An Ordinary Wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
MV 1.3 now works with updated versions of nw.js, though they seemed slower on my tests.
Nice seeing you here, Hudell!

That's strange tho.

I came back to show you something about MV that can't be unseen:

(If the names look strange, sorry, my system and copy of RMMV are on PT-BR)

HTMLFIVE = HTML FIVE = HTML5

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
Yea, It's a long running gag that they spell something out with the actor names. It was only natural for MV to have HTML spelled out and FIVE spelled out with the additional Database entriies. :D

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Am I the only one who is getting the "Now Loading" screen more often now with 1.3(.1) ?

takuantoono

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My problem which I reported here was only occurred by compatibility with the plugin "TDDP_BindPicturesto map" in ver. 1.3.1.Sorry about that.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Though if anyone can update that old script that was used to occasionally clear the image cache, that would be at least a bandaid for now.

What old script, and why doesn't it work with 1.3.1?  I wrote a cache clearer plugin and unless they've drastically changed how the ImageManager works, I don't see why it wouldn't work still.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if what @Hudell said was true and we can update to the latest version of NwJs this mean we can use now ES6 features.

wich is REALLY great for organisation sakes. 

and most ALL the most popular internet browser support ES6

if Degica decide to update the NwJs to the latest version I will make sure to update aswell the default library to es6

but after it's ONLY if they decide xD

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
if what @Hudell said was true and we can update to the latest version of NwJs this mean we can use now ES6 features.

wich is REALLY great for organisation sakes. 

and most ALL the most popular internet browser support ES6

if Degica decide to update the NwJs to the latest version I will make sure to update aswell the default library to es6

but after it's ONLY if they decide xD
not many mobile browsers or webViews support ES2015

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
What old script, and why doesn't it work with 1.3.1?  I wrote a cache clearer plugin and unless they've drastically changed how the ImageManager works, I don't see why it wouldn't work still.
Back a few pages Brandos posted this script :

/*:
* @param Save File Index
* @desc The temporary index of the save file pre-saved and preloaded per transfer.
* @default 1
*/

var mapTransferredCounts = 0;

var params = PluginManager.parameters('X_MapSaveFix');
var saveFileIndex = Number(params['Save File Index']);

var x_sceneMap_update = Scene_Map.prototype.update;
Scene_Map.prototype.update = function() {
x_sceneMap_update.call(this);
if (mapTransferredCounts >= 10) {
$gameSystem.onBeforeSave();
if (DataManager.saveGame(saveFileIndex)) {
mapTransferredCounts = 0;
StorageManager.cleanBackup(saveFileIndex);

this.reloadMapIfUpdated();
$gameSystem.onAfterLoad();
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map);
ImageManager.clear();
}

}
};

Scene_Map.prototype.reloadMapIfUpdated = function() {
if ($gameSystem.versionId() !== $dataSystem.versionId) {
$gamePlayer.reserveTransfer($gameMap.mapId(), $gamePlayer.x, $gamePlayer.y);
$gamePlayer.requestMapReload();
}
};

var x_gameInterpreter_command201 = Game_Interpreter.prototype.command201;
Game_Interpreter.prototype.command201 = function() {
mapTransferredCounts += 1;
x_gameInterpreter_command201.call(this);
};

I can't javascript for beans so I dunno what changed that makes this script not work anymore. But that's his claim about it anyway.I assume its the change to pixi4 and how pixi4 handles image data vs how pixi2 handled image data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Getting work done in the hospital is a little tough :kaosigh:
Yet another custom skill animation, sometimes i waste too much time on details people will barely notice :kaocry:
Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o
Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xperiad