RPG Maker MV v1.3.4 Update

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Software Updates' started by Archeia, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biestmann

Biestmann Heaven's Height Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

When purchasing a product, you know what you get. If no child parts were a dealbreaker to you then, you should not have made a purchase period. Creating new resources beyond release costs money, so of course you will be charged for them. Expecting freebies of that magnitude just isn't realistic.

On-topic, I look very forward to the DLC releasing sometime soon.

2. KaYsEr

KaYsEr Koruldia Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Always great (and motivating!) to see a new update. Thank you all!

3. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice.  Grabbed the update and will be applying it soon.  Also, hopefully, in a few days, I'll be buying the Season Pass for that delicious set of child generator parts since the stock children tend to be a little too stock when you create towns/villages and want some variety.  Can't wait!

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it possible to get this from another location?  I'm trying to download the full version, it's reached 22 out of 527 MB, and has done nothing for the last 10 minutes, which is an indication that it's going to die.  Every time there is an update this happens (in fact every time I try to download something from https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/degica-prod.product-files it's as slow as a wet week, times out frequently, and has to be restarted/resumed).  I don't know if anyone else has this issue - I can download fine from other sites, but only from this site do they freeze after only a small portion, then die and have to be restarted.

5. Dad3353

Dad3353 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've a very modest, French 'out-in-the-sticks' location, with broadband at 10Mbit/s at best, and have never had any problems with these downloads, either full or update versions. Roughly 10 minutes or so, maybe a tad longer; no drop-outs. I haven't noticed any particular difference between this site and any other. Maybe the Pacific lines are different..? Sorry this doesn't help; just sayin'.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    must be :(   I've had to resume 4 times already.  Says it should only take half an hour, and it's been longer than that already and I'm only 1/4 of the way through.  

7. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I got this issue for any downloads from there too (and not just when a new MV update is out, all the time).

Downloading the RTP files for XP took over 50 minutes x2 (had to restart it because it cracked on 96% the first time -.-), and it was only approx 25 MB, if I remember right. 

I don't have a super-fast connection, but with ~1MB download speed, it shouldn't take that long to get ~25MB.

Thankfully, I don't need to download much from here (maybe once yearly when I need the RTP files), or else I would surely be annoyed about this way more than I actually am now. :D  

8. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have another request, for future updates ... with the full update, could we please specify where to install to?  Because I do commissions and not everyone keeps up with the latest and greatest, I like to keep each of the previous versions available to use.  This "full install" just clobbered my 1.3.3 version rather than giving me the option to install to a 1.3.4 folder.

9. Hoppy

Hoppy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The update works just fine now for the long wait for DLC 4 to be available at Degica's store.

Ashouse likes this.
  10. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @Shaz I'll bring it up :)

The Steam Version with the Kid bug should now be fixed. It was a leftover old file during a test.

11. LuLingqi1

LuLingqi1 A Spellthief With A Bone To Pick Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Are we allowed to add to the kid generator part? I keep reading about Kid part specific dlc, so I hope that's not the only way we're allowed to use it. I was fooling around and moving female parts into the kid parts. Everything works right minus, like, side view and stuff. For straight face portrait only, it works really well haha xD

Marquise* likes this.
  12. DarkSearinox92

DarkSearinox92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Thank you very much for updates, continue so! :)  Epic

13. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well I, for one, am interested in buying generator parts, but since I think Steam is the devil, I just want to buy them straight from rpg maker and company. Please suggest to Japan to release all the steam products @ rpgmaker.web store. :)

P.s. If the next rpg maker product is steam only it will lose at least 1 customer.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. Dad3353

Dad3353 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I must say that I agree with most of the above ^^. I'm 'old-school', and very much not clued up on this here 'steam' stuff; I prefer to have things on my own PC, and I'm not always connected to t'web, either. I've nothing against the concept for others, but there's is no way that I would ever envisage going down that route. I, too, would be interested in add-ons and the like that could be purchased in the ordinary way. If they're only 'steam' related, I'll do without. Just sayin'.

15. Ashouse

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yep. Us older types. Set in our ways and all. But on an infinatly happier note, thank you guys so much for all your hard work on RMMV!

Dad3353 likes this.
  16. Dad3353

Dad3353 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I must say that I agree with all of the above ^^ .

Ashouse likes this.
  17. markp80nj

markp80nj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there any reason other than keeping the older versions, to download the full installer versus just the patch?

I have always just downloaded the patch, but always wondered if you miss out on any included new resources or such.

For example, it seems on the kid generator, there were two mouth sets, and I only got one with the patch.

Is this true?

Is the patch missing on some updates vis a vis the full installer?

Or is it just a matter of wanting a fresh install, or keeping different versions?

Oh, and thanks to the developers for all the hard work.

Really like the new update.

18. Little Paw

Little Paw Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

You don't have to be signed online in order to use (most) Steam games. As long as you verify the game/program once, it will (usually) never ask you to be online again.

SimProse and Marquise* like this.
  19. Ashouse

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    There are other reasons we dont like steam. At least me any how.

20. Dad3353

Dad3353 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Little Paw...

Good to learn, but I'm afraid that that won't make me any younger..! I'm rather too set in my ways (yes, it's sad, I know...) and just don't see any great advantage (to me...) in embracing these new-fangled systems. It's not just steam; there are many webby things that I deprive myself of. Old school, that's all. Not for that much longer, though, so all is well with the modern world. Thanks for the explanation, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.