Not open for further replies.

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question regarding the update process...

Is anything actually changed in a project if we don't copy these files over from a new project as directed, but instead just load the project with the new version of RMMV?

I ask because I'm noticing some framerate slowdown and it may or may not have been there prior to the update (wasn't looking at it with the FPS meter running previously. Oops).

And if that is what I think it is, it makes me a VERY happy camper! :D

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, if you don't copy the files nothing in the project gets updated - that is why the project update is always manual, never automatic.

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Make a backup of your project.
  • Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root (where MV is installed) folder.
  • Copy the new js files (RPG*.js and Libs Folder) and replace the one in your -old project.
  • DO NOT COPY plugins.js or it will replace your plugin settings.
  • Copy index.html files to your current project.

I thought I did this correctly but the plugin manager shows only the MV splash thing, even though my project still has all the same plugins I used to have. I made a backup so nothing is really lost but what did I do wrong?

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
no, if you don't copy the files nothing in the project gets updated - that is why the project update is always manual, never automatic.

Thanks, and yeah, that's what I had assumed, but I needed confirmation. :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought I did this correctly but the plugin manager shows only the MV splash thing, even though my project still has all the same plugins I used to have. I made a backup so nothing is really lost but what did I do wrong?
Then you copied the plugin.js file, despite the bolded instruction not to copy it or you would loose your plugin settings.
Because that is what the plugins.js file contains: the settings and selections of your plugins in the plugin manager.

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then you copied the plugin.js file, despite the bolded instruction not to copy it or you would loose your plugin settings.
Because that is what the plugins.js file contains: the settings and selections of your plugins in the plugin manager.

I must have, I tried again and it seemed to be fine this time. I think we could make the instructions a little more clear with a picture, it still seems confusing in the way it's worded.

JD3sKsc.png

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I specifically said
  • DO NOT COPY plugins.js or it will replace your plugin settings.

I don't know how much clearer I can be with that. And since Steam and Offline RM have different folders...:rswt2:

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because there's a plugins folder with all the .js files, it's easy to assume you meant that when you're as stupid as I am, especially considering Windows 7 and 10 usually doesn't show what filetypes are after the name so we just see "plugins" not "plugins.js," and the "RPG*.js" isn't very clear either because of that. That's how you could be clearer with that.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The better path would be that you choose to show file extensions so that when you update complex pieces of software you are able to make informed decisions. This would be helpful for more than just RM updates.

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, I just leave it as whatever is default as I'm sure the vast majority of people do... I don't see why adding a screenshot with the main post showing which files specifically is such a big deal. You asked how much clearer you could get, I showed how much clearer you could get. I'm sure I'm not the only "new" user who has "struggled" with these updates because of this particular issue, even if they aren't posting about it. It's not a criticism or an attack against RPG Maker's community team or how the situation is handled, just a simple, easy, senseful suggestion, no need for such hostility.

duende23

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good news for update. I agree with killergim. I hope in next updates resolve problem with mobile. i dont use plugins only code rpg maker mv. i only want a simple game to show my friends but in the mobile.

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks :)
i love Rpg maker as a hole. Fantastic engine !!
But now after this update i noticed that my dashing is not working right. Actor have normal speed while dashing no accelerated speed.
Do anyone else have this problem? And do anyone know how to fix this or know what i am doing wrong?

Regards
SuperBlaze

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey folks :)
i love Rpg maker as a hole. Fantastic engine !!
But now after this update i noticed that my dashing is not working right. Actor have normal speed while dashing no accelerated speed.
Do anyone else have this problem? And do anyone know how to fix this or know what i am doing wrong?

Regards
SuperBlaze

Apparently another feature was accidentally merged (that we're still thinking about) that if you mouse click, they will walk instead. You have to press SHIFT to dash.

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah.. now i feel dumb... thanx Archeia for a quick answer :-D
But i actually think thats a pretty neat feature, kuz sometimes i want to walk slow and use click and vice-versa.

My thought is that maybe it should be the other way around, so that when you want to walk slow you chould use the shift button when you click.
I think that would be a better option. just my thought.
sry bad english first language is norwegian.

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys!

I am not sure if it's the new update or a Mac Sierra problem but deployed games no longer save for mac. I made a detailed post in the problem section. Just thought I should point this out.

It would really stink if all RPG maker games no longer work for Mac Sierra (the newest Mac OS).

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys!

I am not sure if it's the new update or a Mac Sierra problem but deployed games no longer save for mac. I made a detailed post in the problem section. Just thought I should point this out.

It would really stink if all RPG maker games no longer work for Mac Sierra (the newest Mac OS).

OK we'll look into it

Mooglelover

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Please help. I have Rpgmaker MV on steam. I've seen it update, but I can't use Yanfly's Doodads plugin because it says my project has to be 1.3.0 to use it. I've tried the full installer here and it didn't work either. And I tried replacing select files in my project manually and that didn't work. I had this problem for a long time, even before my other computer crashed. I got a new computer, loaded up my saved project and then its still outdated. Anyone know whats up?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mooglelover
project updates are always manual - they are never automatic, even steam only updates the editor and not the projects,

The first post in this topic (or any update topic) tells you how to update your projects - and you need to follow those steps exactly.
Some people don't follow them and usually miss some of the files they need to update or update files they shouldn't copy, that is when things go wrong.

Korokage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: Please delete this post, I am embarrassed at how blind I was.

Last edited:

Lord Roy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It sends me to the trail version, did I miss a step or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!
Wait wait wait. Is watermelon a fruit?
Huh, 7k downloads of my ****ty icons. That's more then I ever expected xD
User of Mv3d/ Mz3d and Rosse engine. New Resource Pack on development "Halloween Stones" . Leave ideas about what you want to see on this package. :)
SetPreview.jpg
Looking at Code abd knowing that it made sense at one time. Ugh..why did I ever stop? Well I guess it will come back to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milongajr