Announcement RPG Maker MV - v1.6.1 Stable Release!

Gamefall Team

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oscar92player Looking now at your posts, I have to say that I'm experiencing exactly your same issue.s
But, as @Kes now said, I think that It's related to AMD processors (I have an AMD A10, too. )

I tested the new stable release (and the 1.6.1 BETA) on a non-amd processor and they both gives better performances and a stable result.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is specifically the AMD A# line that has a CPU and GPU on the same die.

I suspect it has more to do with the GPU part than the CPU.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oscar92player I hate to tell you this, but it's because you're using an AMD computer and the way it handles data. I know, because I have the same problem for the same reason. AMD computers have problems with a range of programs, and sadly RM is one of them (OBS Studio is a well-known example of another).
@Oscar92player Looking now at your posts, I have to say that I'm experiencing exactly your same issue.s
But, as @Kes now said, I think that It's related to AMD processors (I have an AMD A10, too. )

I tested the new stable release (and the 1.6.1 BETA) on a non-amd processor and they both gives better performances and a stable result.
It is specifically the AMD A# line that has a CPU and GPU on the same die.

I suspect it has more to do with the GPU part than the CPU.
And... with that are you saying that the best solution for those issues and bugs is not to have an AMD GPU/CPU? What kind of answer is that? Are you going to say that to EVERY user who has an AMD in it's computer? What's the official solution then, to have an NVIDIA Graphic Card, or buy another computer?

The engine worked well, maybe not perfectly, but very well (even if my GPU/CPU was an AMD) in previous versions (like 1.4.1 and 1.5.1), despite all the other bugs RPG Maker MV had in the past and has at the moment. As a user of RPG Maker MV, I demand a better answer, and a better solution for this, because it is untolerable.

And perhaps you are forgetting something: that I'm a user who paid a lot of money when RPG Maker MV was released, along with a few others, to create games, having some fun, and maybe have a chance to make and release it's own official game. And with that money, we didn't only paid for the engine, but for the updates to fix all the mess that it was in the release (and the mess it is right now for "AMD users", like you are saying).

And yes, I'm pretty angry with your answers, despite I didn't want to. But you let me no choice, since I've saw you are forgetting how important is the support from your users to improve your products and maybe, do them better in the future. Is all of that hard to understand?

Sorry if this message sounds rude, but I'm having the impression that all the bug reports I did in the past, the collaboration with the Spanish re-translation, and other support posts are being ignored, misundertood, or something...

Gamefall Team

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And yes, I'm pretty angry with your answers, despite I didn't want to. But you let me no choice, since I've saw you are forgetting how important is the support from your users to improve your products and maybe, do them better in the future. Is all of that hard to understand?
Yes man, you have all the right to be angry and - on my side - I'm not saying that this is fair or a good thing, because my main Pc has an AMD A10 processor and It's the PC that I use for work on plugins and - hoping to have time someday - for my team project.
I paid the engine, too and I can't afford another good computer.

I don't think you're rude, It's normal to pretend to have complete functioning product that is worth of the money that the consumer has paid. :kaopride:

However, on the other hand, knowing how the world goes on the programming side (because I'm a programmer myself) I can't blame Rpg Maker team for this kind of situation, because I think that it's really a difficult matter.

Rpg Maker needs to deal with: nw.js, pixi.js and the Rpg maker library itself. So focusing "where" the problem is needs time and a constant update of all the resources used by the engine, because It can be related to one of these things.

And... with that are you saying that the best solution for those issues and bugs is not to have an AMD GPU/CPU? What kind of answer is that? Are you going to say that to EVERY user who has an AMD in it's computer? What's the official solution then, to have an NVIDIA Graphic Card, or buy another computer?

The engine worked well, maybe not perfectly, but very well (even if my GPU/CPU was an AMD) in previous versions (like 1.4.1 and 1.5.1), despite all the other bugs RPG Maker MV had in the past and has at the moment. As a user of RPG Maker MV, I demand a better answer, and a better solution for this, because it is untolerable.
And no, I'm not saying that the solution is to buy another computer, I never said that. I have only said that I'm experiencing your same situation and I wanted to share that I have noticed that It's happening (strangely) only on AMD. I only tried to focus "where" the problem probably is, but I can't give any solution right now.

I may be (and I hope to be) wrong: the problem may be related to somewhere else than processors, but It's a strange coincidence that these performances are suffered by only AMD users like us.
If there are other users living the same situation, but with other processors I'd like to know their experience! :kaopride:

In few words:
I understand your feelings and I'm also really really really annoyed by the performances of MV on my machine :kaoangry:, because I really like Rpg Maker and I'm aiming for a stable and enjoyable development experience, on the other hand I have faith on the work of Rpg Maker's team and I'm sure they're aware of all the problems that the engine has and they're not ignoring our queries.

Peace :kaoluv:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I understand your feelings on it, and we are trying to figure out why it does this, but it is a known issue with the A# line of CPU/GPUs. And RPG Maker isn't the only program that has issues with it.

Troubleshooting specific hardware issues is always a pain though, and I can't really give you a timeline other than that we are aware of it.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since it's a hardware thing can it be fixed by a driver update? Maybe there isn't one yet, but if enough people bug AMD. . . .

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oscar92player
it exist maybe more than touldsen of context that can drop you fps.
Did you make diagnostics with developer tool to understand what going on in you game ?

my project runs without problem 60 fps without lag and in 1080p.
But I have made a lot of changes and corrections.

developpe game will need you interesse to diagnostic tool and understand how take a look in.
Rmmv give you a basic tool to build a game only.
Rmmv covers everything and much useless thing but it is to meet all the general need.
upload_2018-6-27_7-4-47.png

so if you want you can try this.
// update
  • update to pixi.js v4.8.1
  • update to nwjs v0.31.3 (x64) if you are allowed
  • for your app hardware, force by add arg to chromium
PHP:
    "chromium-args" : "--ignore-gpu-blacklist --force-gpu-mem-available-mb=14000 --show-fps-counter --enable-gpu-rasterization --enable-gpu-memory-buffer-video-frames --enable-native-gpu-memory-buffers ",
  • remove this stupid sheep demonic plugin that crush the pixi core update tiker and animation, and fix the core
PHP:
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/libs/fpsmeter.js"></script>
more info http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/38309-animatedspriteprototypeupdate-doesnt-update-rpg-maker-mv/

• also code technologie evolved, look if your hardware are up to date
  • also you can run your project in sandboxie to leech all log information from your gpu
  • upload_2018-6-27_7-21-34.png
you can do many other thing but it complexe and need you learn coding.
But if you need very more help you need give a lot lot more hardware detail and log and information.
Say you have frame drops when x time ,will not help.

Also for hardware issue, i dont think rmmv will can do something, because the give you only basic code to work with nwjs, pixijs.
For Hardware issue you maybe need to try post in https://github.com/nwjs
or https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js

Last edited:

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm using a laptop with an AMD processor myself (A12-9700P + Radeon R7), and while I am getting some lag + screen tearing, it's hardly unplayable and actually pretty mild (it's only really noticeable when fighting an enemy with a particularly large image, like the default Evil God battler). Then again, I've only had this computer for around a month so it's pretty new.

Bizarrely, I've noticed that the issues went away when a Windows update downgraded the driver, only to come back when I re-updated the driver.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm, maybe downgrade again. Sometimes newer drivers aren't better.

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Still getting the Battle test issue where it takes me to the game menu screen and not to the battle screen.

Previously, I have followed the instructions with success and the battle test worked as advertised. Now however, I'm updating another copy of the same 1.5.2 project and it's just not working. I have replaced index.html, package.json and all the rpg_ plugin files with the exception of rpg_core. Does anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I've done the above process several times to ensure I had not missed files or made a mistake. Definitely have followed the process, what else could have gone wrong?v

EDIT AGAIN: The only thing I can think of is I have accidentally replaced the files in the New Data folder in my MV installation directory. I'd say it's unlikely but it could have happened. I have checked the Date Modified date and there's nothing suspicious about it. Is there any other way I can check, or are these individual files available anywhere to download separately (I'm running the Steam version and don't wish to uninstall / reinstall)?

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oscar92player
He didn't say you shouldn't use AMD, he said it's a known problem of the A series of AMD processors and might be related to the IGPU.

Have you tried forcing RMMV to use the dedicated GPU using CCC or Crimson to see if the problem persists?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@thepsyche use steams integrity check to see if any file is wrong.
And check if everything works as intended in a new project - if yes, something went wrong with the update of your project, if no then there is a problem with New data.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oscar92player
He didn't say you shouldn't use AMD, he said it's a known problem of the A series of AMD processors and might be related to the IGPU.

Have you tried forcing RMMV to use the dedicated GPU using CCC or Crimson to see if the problem persists?
I don't know if my GPU is allowed to use CCC or Crimson. The only thing I can use is the Catalyst Control Center, and the last time I wanted to update through the AMD page and the HP Support Assistant, it gave me an error. I don't know if I can use Catalyst to prevent RMMV to use the CPU, but I've tried a lot of things, and none of them worked.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if my GPU is allowed to use CCC or Crimson. The only thing I can use is the Catalyst Control Center, and the last time I wanted to update through the AMD page and the HP Support Assistant, it gave me an error. I don't know if I can use Catalyst to prevent RMMV to use the CPU, but I've tried a lot of things, and none of them worked.
CCC is the abbreviation for Catalyst Control Center.

Unfortunately, I currently don't have an AMD PC, but I found this link that explains how to turn off hybrid graphics (aka. switchable graphics):
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-017.aspx

You don't need to turn it off completely, just select "High Performance" for RPGMV.exe, launch MV and see if your problem is resolved.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CCC is the abbreviation for Catalyst Control Center.

Unfortunately, I currently don't have an AMD PC, but I found this link that explains how to turn off hybrid graphics (aka. switchable graphics):
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-017.aspx

You don't need to turn it off completely, just select "High Performance" for RPGMV.exe, launch MV and see if your problem is resolved.
Then I've done that, unfortunatelly, without better results, since RPG Maker MV v1.6.1 gives the same issues. Look:
upload_2018-7-1_19-5-8.png

The UI from this version it is not like the most updated one (since this computer does not allow me to update the AMD drivers), but this is the main menu for switchable graphics settings. As you can see, RPGMV.exe is set in High Performance ('Alto rendimiento' in Spanish).

Attachments

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
rpgmv.exe it not your project or your game , it the software.

the project named game.exe and nwjs.exe
upload_2018-7-1_13-33-5.png
It your software or your game are laggy ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As you can see, RPGMV.exe is set in High Performance ('Alto rendimiento' in Spanish).
High performance in the context of modern display hardware usually means "high 3D-performance".
Unfortunately all RMs are 2D only, so any optimization for 3D is completely wasted and usually slows them down, because the display hardware often improves 3D at a cost to 2D.

You cannot simply assume that any general optimization on any driver does what you want - because the driver programmer can't read your mind and sets those general defaults in a way that they're good for the greatest number of people.
Which means that to get what you want you'll have to go into the advanced settings and manually set the options that are best for your programs, and that unfortunately requires at least a minimum knowledge on how the display works.

Sorry, I have neither the hardware nor the time to give better help on it.

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Andar - thank you for the response.

I verified the files through Steam and was informed the verification of 119 files failed and would be replaced.

After this was done, I replaced all the required New Data files in my current project and still have the same result.

Tested said project for any other problems and cannot find any.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. I tested a NEW project and checked basic functionality including the battle test with no issues.

Last edited:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I upgraded my RPG Maker to the new 1.6.1 and created a new project. The main JS files (core, manager, scene, window etc) appear to be, for the most part, the same as before. I'm assuming that these files haven't been rewritten in ES6 class notation. Is my assumption correct or did I do something wrong when upgrading? Just curious.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have replaced index.html, package.json and all the rpg_ plugin files with the exception of rpg_core.
Is there a reason why you did not update rpg_core.js? All of the rpg_* files need to be updated.

@Frogboy
No mistake, the game code in the rpg_* files wasn't updated to use any ECMA2015 features or anything like that. I suspect it was just a question of effort vs. reward, there wouldn't actually be much gain of converting it at this point. The core javascript didn't change much in this release, I think it was more about the update to a new nw.js, some big fixes, and some resource changes.
If you like, you can look into tools such as Lebab that can "modernize" es5 code to use classes and such. It should still function the same though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hmmmm, nice site UI change.
Swapped back to my original meds, but the flippity floppity has me reeling. T ^T I have game making and song collabs to do, hurry up, health. lol
It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...
I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carugatti