Announcement RPG Maker MV - v1.6.1 Stable Release!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
which conversion instruction? and please list every file you have overwritten as part of the instructions, because that error ag
ain tells us that you missed one file in the update.

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I overwrote index.html, package.json the libs folder, rpg.js excluding rpg_core

Also when I installed RPG Maker MV on Windows recently it was supposedly already version 1.6.1

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
rpg.js excluding rpg_core
that is your mistake
in american english, e.x. stands for "example" - the rpg_core file is the most important one that has to be updated for the update to work.

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Wow sorry for that, anyway I overwrote rpg_core but I’m getting the same problem from before, it runs the entire game from battle test.

I’m not sure if I updated properly, I thought the database was filled out with more database entries.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then you're still missing a part of the update for whatever reason.
If it works with a new project but not with your existing one, then something is not correctly updated in the existing one.
And we can only guess what you might have missed when updating.

One question: is the project inside a cloud-folder like Onedrive or dropbox? If yes, that can prevent updates or even destroy your project...

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Edit; It works now.

This is what I did.

I used the rpg_core.js as well as all the other stuff (index,package,rpg,libs) from the new game created in version 1.6.1 and it worked.

Last edited:

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Damn. That was an extremely long posting of technical psycho-babble. Hopefully someone can figure it out. By the way, my phone worked just fine.

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Steam says this was rolled back due to issues on Macs. Were the issues resolved?

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Steam says this was rolled back due to issues on Macs. Were the issues resolved?
Only rollback on MacOS. For windows user, nothing changed. Better stick with 1.5.2 if you are using MacOS.

ddblue

新人
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was bouncing back and forth between my Mac and my PC for this project, but haven't updated since I heard there were issues. Have there been any hints as to when they might be resolved, and any idea if this harms Mac deployment of the games we make, or does it just affect the RPG Maker tool itself?

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But better not to risk, or it may harm your project. If you use both MacOS and windows, just stick with the most stable version for both OS (1.5.2) and wait for official announcements from the dev.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright. So this is 1.6.0 Somewhat Stable release for PCs, Unstable for Macs.

MakerZeroOne

Chronic Case of Undeserved Misfortune
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American Eng.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmmn. This is awesome news. especially new parallax resources! Other than that, I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but are there or should there be any foreseeable plugin incompatibilities, specifically with yanfly's massive list of plugins?

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, but are there or should there be any foreseeable plugin incompatibilities, specifically with yanfly's massive list of plugins?
From what I've seen, most of Yanfly's plugins work. If you find that there's a compatibility issue with 1.6.1, inform Yanfly (or any plugin developer whose plugin has a compatibility issue).

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone here use MSI Afterburner? I have been using it to display my CPU, GPU and RAM information during my play, and it worked well before i updated to 1.6.1. Now it does not display any information inside the game during my playtest, or even after i deploy my game.

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
How do you turn a 1.6.1 project into a 1.5.2 project? or is there no going back?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You go back to the editor 1.5.2, make a new project then and then use that to "update" a backup of your project to 1.5.2
However there can be complications if one of your plugins already requires 1.6.x, because then you would have to find an old Version of that plugin and manually install that.

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
OK thanks. I think I'll stick with 1.5.2 since I really want my game to run on mac.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV is removing the window frame every time I play my game via the editor(it changes the package.json file back to "frame":false every time I try to set it to true and shows the message "package.json updated blabla")

also I can't close the game from anywhere but the task manager

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
6/21/2018
[rmod]Everyone, please read the instructions carefully. The bugs that are being reported shouldn't happen if the correct files were even copied properly. Such examples like the "CTRL BUG" shouldn't happen if you copied index.html, package.json, the rpg*.js files and so on.

I also received requests from some plugin developers that users must stop reporting incompatibility issues on this thread and towards them instead. Those are different from the official updates and all these bug reports just make them look unprofessional.

Thank you.[/rmod]

Hi everyone,
RPG Maker MV v1.6.1 is now on Stable! Here are some of the changes this version.

New Feature:
  • It now uses NWJS version 0.29.0 which allows programmers to use Javascript ES6, ES7 and ES8 and other performance improvements.
  • BONUS: new parallax resources in parallax_Resource_Pack
Bug Fixes:
  • Fix to the InvalidStateError during ME play
  • Fix to the deep loop error
  • MacOS: Fix to shortcuts
  • MacOS: Fix to tutorials
  • Fix to \img\characters\People2
  • Fix to \img\characters\!Chest
  • Fix to the freeze when changing screen in-game
  • Fixed an issue with encodeURI where it cannot detect custom folders.
Updating your Projects:
We would like to remind everyone to make sure to do the following steps before updating to ensure that when the update happens so your changes won’t be overwritten:
  • Make a backup of your project.
  • DO NOT OPEN your 1.5.2 below project with RPG Maker MV 1.6.1 if you have no backups!
Now for the update process.
  • Backup your game! This is important!
  • Make a backup of your Generator folder if you edited it.
Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root (where MV is installed) folder. Copy the following items and replace the ones in your existing project:
  • Copy the file "index.html" and "package.json" from NewData to your project
  • Copy the files libs folder, "rpg_*.js" (example: rpg_core) files from NewData/js to your project js folder
  • Do not replace your plugins.js !
  • Done!
Downgrading RPG Maker MV
If RPG MAKER MV 1.6.1 is not working for you, you can downgrade anytime.

Downloads:
Thank you for the update :) Who's the artist that draws the sprites and backgrounds?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I drew Resident Evil 2 style lock for my horror game. (Pixels intended)
I wake up to see I now have 73 subscribers on YouTube, that means I've gained 67 subs in the last two days. :LZSexcite:
With all this practice, I'll be hitting competitive in social distancing soon.
Ugh! I have a headache coming on--not sure if it's from the sudden change in weather or caffeine withdraw...only one way to fi d out--Coffee time!
Found this old picture in the plastic case with my medical documents. I don't remember who this character is (I draw a lot of original characters and forgot about them very soon), but I like the design, may be I'll add guy in my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaleOfWonder