Announcement RPG Maker MV - v1.6.1 Stable Release!

Dankovsky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
RU
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I have a quick question that's related to the update, but I just barely. It says that the Dancer in people2 was replaced, but I can't tell a difference between any of them from the one in the NEW folder or the DLC Base folder where the other one was suppose to be. Normally I can see a difference, but could someone please tell me what the difference is? Because I'm feeling stupid right now.
You're in luck, there's actually an entire thread about it: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/change-to-people2-sprite.96927/

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dankovsky Thank you so much! Now onto deleting the new version and replacing it with the old version. I hope I don't have to keep doing that after every update, though.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia I've updated the RPG Maker MV to the latest version on Steam. I'm sorry to say this, but despite the fixes done when updating the NWJS version, I'm still having the same problems I've reported about screen tearing and lag, in new projects with the updated version, and previous projects that have been updated, too.

The problems are the same, unstable FPS, lag in maps, when loading, and menus. All of that, and the screen tearing caused by the FPS drops.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oscar92player I suggest you make a new topic where we can analyse your project in more details, including what plugins you're using and what screen size you set and so on.
If it were a general problem then almost everyone would have the same problems - since that is not the case it's time to analys your specific case in detail, because the developers can only fix bugs they have identified, and if everyone else has no problems then they can't even find the causes for these problems on regular projects.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oscar92player I suggest you make a new topic where we can analyse your project in more details, including what plugins you're using and what screen size you set and so on.
If it were a general problem then almost everyone would have the same problems - since that is not the case it's time to analys your specific case in detail, because the developers can only fix bugs they have identified, and if everyone else has no problems then they can't even find the causes for these problems on regular projects.
Where would be the best sub-forum to open this new thread? The Improvements one, or the Support forum? There are no external plugins used, since I've tried the MV update in a completely new project, it only has the default ones (MadeWithMV and Community Basic, both of them deactivated). This is more related to the NWJS version for test mode and deployed games.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Oscar92player Please post in MV Support. If it's project specific, then that's where the debugging needs to take place.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
@Archeia I've updated the RPG Maker MV to the latest version on Steam. I'm sorry to say this, but despite the fixes done when updating the NWJS version, I'm still having the same problems I've reported about screen tearing and lag, in new projects with the updated version, and previous projects that have been updated, too.

The problems are the same, unstable FPS, lag in maps, when loading, and menus. All of that, and the screen tearing caused by the FPS drops.
When was the last time RMMV didn't give you the same issues?

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

With the 1.5.1 version. It is the only version that can play the games on my computer without issues, in test mode and deployed games. Only 1.6.0 Beta and 1.6.1 Stable gives such problems like lag, screen tearing and FPS drops, even with the new update for the Steam version that is named "1.6.1 Fix".

Last edited:

TheSaihtam

I like rainbows and unicorns and rainbow unicorns!
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With the newest update i cant use the battle test anymore, game title instead.
My project was created with 1.5.x (Steam-version), i hope updating my project will fix this.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheSaihtam : Yes, you have to update the project if you update the editor, otherwise battle test will no longer work.

Padramyr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a weird bug with my program now. I updated it a few hours ago. I started RMMV and suddenly it said that I'm using a 20 day trial. It's the normal PC version, not the Steam version.
Before I updated it there was no problem as I already have purchased and activated the key a few months ago.

Is there any solution for this?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm fairly certain it's not, but why would that matter in this case anyway? That's what the ability to reuse the product key is for.

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you mean this site, I've use a single key purchase from here a few times and it's worked fine so far. While I can't say for certain there isn't a limit, I know it's safe to use the same product key at least three times, so once is definitely ok for you.

Last edited:

Padramyr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks everyone. I reentered the activation key and it's working fine now.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a list of actual, real, bugs that 1.6.1 still has? Issues that a lot of users have that aren't related to plugins? The only one I've seen in this thread that can't be tracked back to plugins or incorrectly converting projects is the AMD graphics one. Are there any others?

I'm downloading the standalone version now, and I think if I install it into a different location, I should be able to run 1.6.1 or my previous version, without them affecting one another (as long as I'm not using the same project in both versions). Is that correct?

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ShireDollars Please do not spam a thread. You can see our Forum Rules here. The one in question is #4, third bullet point.

onekksu

Emin Can Homalioglu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[QUOTE = "LightDiviner, Beitrag: 874035, member: 105575"] Werden wir aus Neugier mehr Dinge für den Child Character Generator bekommen? [/ QUOTE]
Would not be bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Check out SpokenWord- my text-to-speech plugin for RPG Maker MV!
just watched spacex launch. was awesome.
Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
Currently playing final fantasy 3 on DS. It's an old one but its a classic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nimhe