Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Uhh, I still don't understand. So, what's the difference? Only that the steam version updates later or does the steam version has other/less/more functionality?

Steam does it automatically so the links to the downloads aren't displayed at all.

Nechigawara

Certamen Promus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai/English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Uhh, I still don't understand. So, what's the difference? Only that the steam version updates later or does the steam version has other/less/more functionality?

I thinks it just that retail one, you need to visit forum to get update file, while steam will be automatically update.

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Already have MV Installed? Get update exe. Get compressed images if you want small filesize for the RTP. Get Plugin downloads if you want the extra plugins.

Yes, i have already installed MV. So that means i'll have to download all except the Full Version (last link) and update accordingly. Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Yes, I get that steam updates automatically. I thought, you meant, it would be different beyond that. I think, I simply misunderstood because of the phrasing. Non-native english speaker here, my bad :)

Anyway, thanks for all the new additions!

Jazeeri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! Sorry If I ask something stupid. I purchased RPMMV on Steam and I'm a Mac user. Do I have to wait there for the update?

I got the update with my mac when I logged on steam this morning. Have not tried to add it to my game in progress before I see what everyone says first :)

Witchcat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I got the update with my mac when I logged on steam this morning. Have not tried to add it to my game in progress before I see what everyone says first :)

Yeh... it was open... then I noticed the update warning on steam... next time I will count to 10 before asking stupid questions :D... well.. i hope to do that. ;P

Now... your last sentence gave me a breeze... I will go check immediately my game.... hope all is still there... as I left it.... I hope I did not commit a suicide to my game files...

Jazeeri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No don't worry! You have to actually add the JS files to your work in progress! So it's safe. All new games started will have the update automatically!

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just checked the updates. Damn good. The team did great! Thanks again!

- Riff

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just a heads up, If you have added to your generator, you might want to save it before updating. The update does overwrite some generator files.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
XD !!!!! YES!!!  Re-implemented resource manager!!!! The people have been heard!!!! (...or at least this one XD )

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
XD !!!!! YES!!!  Re-implemented resource manager!!!! The people have been heard!!!! (...or at least this one XD )

You'd be surprised ;)

If your video card is not installed it is still showing you white screen.

Graphics:

OpenGL ES 2.0 hardware driver support required for WebGL acceleration. (AMD Catalyst 10.9, nVidia 358.50), iOS 8.0, Android 4.4.4*

Tl;dr: You need graphics card driver installed.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Single click selecting all text is still there?

It was always supposed to be CTRL+A, single click is to put your keyboard cursor on where you clicked.

Right now, I'm getting crazy clicking then reclicking, but don't reclick too fast! Else it will do the normal double click where it select the whole word and oops! The whole word is deleted.

Most likely the most annoying thing right now on MV.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

It was always supposed to be CTRL+A, single click is to put your keyboard cursor on where you clicked.

Right now, I'm getting crazy clicking then reclicking, but don't reclick too fast! Else it will do the normal double click where it select the whole word and oops! The whole word is deleted.

Most likely the most annoying thing right now on MV.

????

We're too busy fixing issues, testing and talking about it that we don't catch all user issues unless they're reported.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Click a single time in a notebox like a skill with text on it when you just selected it.

Then do the same on Ace.

You'll understand right away.

The only case where it doesn't happen(thank god) is in the message boxes. The reason is because the keyboard cursor is already there.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I think he means the automatic selection feature.

That is not exactly a bug, it's a different design philosopy - some programs do it this way, others not.

The difference is what happens when you click into a data box - in the current handling, the entire data is automatically preselected, ready to be copied. And you'll need an additional click if you want to change some letters in it.

But what version of Ace do you have that it works differently? because in my Ace, it behaves exactly the same, single click to select the entire text of a database text field.

If you are talking about something else, please make a new topic in the improvement board exactly describing where to click for what result.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Onion Skin~~~ <3 

I'm forever curious why that got left out in the first place, but I'm glad it's back.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
But what version of Ace do you have that it works differently? because in my Ace, it behaves exactly the same, single click to select the entire text of a database text field.

If you are talking about something else, please make a new topic in the improvement board exactly describing where to click for what result.

Yeah I just tested in ace too. It acts the same.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Great, there it is! :)  Awesome!

But I can't seem to find my IconSet viewer. Did anyone else? Am I blind? :/

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great, there it is! :)  Awesome!

But I can't seem to find my IconSet viewer. Did anyone else? Am I blind? :/

8B8XHQW.jpg

Zortik

The Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks to the developer and support teams for making these improvements  :rhappy:

It's always a nice thing when a product keeps getting TLC after it hit the market. Could you clarify what was changed to make a unique option for "Deployment to Browser"?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaxecV