postnjam

procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Resource manager! Looks like I'll be dumping VX ace then, got MV but found the lack of a resource manager made me go back to VX ace. Glad they listened to feedback.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Resource manager! Looks like I'll be dumping VX ace then, got MV but found the lack of a resource manager made me go back to VX ace. Glad they listened to feedback.

That resource manger looks nice.

Also, the slot machine works well from the test I did.  I can't wait to implement them.fully.

ArcheoFox

Novice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much for this great update!! Now I know what I'm going to spend my weekend!  BD

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is so cool!  I love that you guys are still adding things to MV even after release.

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a little confused on what is the correct way to install the updates and where everything goes?

Can you post some thing more detailed on how to update the files?

Also, some of the graphics like the Gothic Lolita had updates in previous update threads, so is this a cumulative update for everything?

Interesting to see that some of the new plugins from the Japanese sample games were added.

I still would like to know if it is possible to get a copy of the Japanese MV sample project files that were included with the Japanese version of MV so I can work on doing a Translation.

postnjam

procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, played with the resource manager a bit, bit of an issue as you can only import one item at a time. then it resets the file manager to your game file the next time you want to import, not the file you last imported from, meaning you have to do this over and over again. Not too big of an issue, but if we could drag over all the resources in the file manager and then it imports all the the file just like in VX ace, that would be a cherry on a great cake.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
OMG I LOVE THE NEW GENERATOR PARTS

can now have age differences and stuff though I could have teens and old people now more variety it seems well face shapes

THE NEW CLOTHES OMFG SO COOL THE UNIFORM IS SO CUTE

damn I love this new stuff xD thanks

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
A number of nice features.

For those that aren't sure what onion skinning is, here's a comparison

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So Onion Skinning is like shadows?

Think I remember something like this on other programs like is it the thing that shows you where you last put something so you can have it exact in line with the previous frame?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kipplentoast

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
First off, Let me say thank you! You guys are awesome! I'm really glad to see this program being supported like this.

As a follow up, and I see this has been asked in this thread in a round about way, I'm not seeing any tutorials about what needs to be replaced for an existing project when these updates are released. Is there such a thing out there and I'm not finding it? Or can someone give a brief rundown of which Project .json's need to be replaced in an existing project to carry over the bug fixes with minimal disruption to the project?

I should clarify that I'm a steam user, so all the global files for the editor itself are updated automatically, however, I'm not sure which of the addressed bugs live in the project files. Thanks once again. You guys are awesome!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As a follow up, and I see this has been asked in this thread in a round about way, I'm not seeing any tutorials about what needs to be replaced for an existing project when these updates are released. Is there such a thing out there and I'm not finding it? Or can someone give a brief rundown of which Project .json's need to be replaced in an existing project to carry over the bug fixes with minimal disruption to the project?

I should clarify that I'm a steam user, so all the global files for the editor itself are updated automatically, however, I'm not sure which of the addressed bugs live in the project files. Thanks once again. You guys are awesome!

I already wrote it at the very first paragraph on how to update your projects.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So Onion Skinning is like shadows?

Think I remember something like this on other programs like is it the thing that shows you where you last put something so you can have it exact in line with the previous frame?

Pretty much.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh cool atleast I now know what it is xD

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This update is great! It has solved many bugs.
But the spanish translation is the same. This will be corrected in another update?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The translation is taking a while because they had to be released in bulks. It's around 30k lines for each language I believe that I have to modify and check.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
oh nice.. I really need to connect soon and download the updates.. maybe it fixes some of my current problems.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ok, sorry for the newb question.  I have added a LOT of my own generator parts that I don't want overwritten - how can I add the new generator parts to what I already have; i.e. how can I install the updates without overwriting my generator folder?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Make a backup and rename them with the correct numbers. Then paste them back again....

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you team :-D

This is great !!!! love the Character Generator update

Thank you !!! Thank you !!! Thank You 

I am very happy with this update it works as a sunshine !

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...
Had a nice visit with our family. Dad grilled some burgers and mom made baked beans and fudge. We also watched Foul Play. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn make an awesome duo. I am surprised how much of the movie I forgot LOL. How did everyone else's holidays go?
Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
Just getting started on RPG maker and having a blast!
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J_Heider