RPG Maker MV Version 1.1 Update + Changelog!

Harken_W

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Unless I'm being foolish and missing something, can someone explain what the NovelMessage plugin is? and where it is?

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Automatic update with steam... and automatic thrashing of my generator...

If you've added things to your generator like I did, beware, because they added generator parts and if the names are the same, they will be overwritten.

If the names are different, it can be even worse, with parts overlaying each other in the editor.

It will just be a bit of work but those automatic updates can be a pain sometimes...

On another note, when I update my rpg_core.js, my lava or ocean tiles have an incredible lag. I had a back up of my old file so I put it back but does it happen to anyone else ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loving all these updates!!!!

You know what would make the Plugin help thing SOOOO much more helpful, is if it wasn't a "on top, and can't touch all other windows while it's open" window.

Any way they can make it able to just remain open, and still let you access the window you were working with for easy copy/paste?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are the examples translated to English for the new plugins?

Faye Valentine

The Mapgician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Seems like a cool update, but I downloaded the installer and when I run it it just says (after choosing installation language) "RPG Maker MV has not been updated".

I have a legal copy just in case. Should I just download the full updated version of RMMV?

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does that mean that the Wednesday Updates will cease to exist  ;_; !

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wow!

A lot of fixes in there, and some features implemented.

This is exciting, can we expect even more updates and features?

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
So, has anyone got problems with animated tiles after updating their rpg_core.js file ?

I have an awful lag in the tiles themselves (not sure it's called a lag in this case but it's horrible visually).

And is it a problem if I don't update that file while updating all the others ? What does this one do exactly ? I'm a bit worried here.

Kipplentoast

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I already wrote it at the very first paragraph on how to update your projects.

I had to give it a second look. My apologies. It seems I had it in my head that the .js' and the .json's were the same thing. 

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oooh thank you for the updates! I love the new Generator parts!

Then I realise the new update's Generator parts clashes with all the community-made Generator parts I painstakingly added, and now it's all one big clusterfish. Whoops! Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? I did do backups on the original 1.0 Generator folder...

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely love these changes, thanks so much! Really happy to see the Resource Manager come back!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Reimplemented Resource Manager

This is nice. One of my problem in MV is solved

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Can you explain why you wanted to have the Resource Manager back? I'm curious. I haven't missed it yet.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you explain why you wanted to have the Resource Manager back? I'm curious. I haven't missed it yet.
Hoo boy.

The Resource Manager made putting resources into RPG Maker VX Ace a breeze. No fiddling around with several different folders, trying and failing to remember which is which, not to mention being able to import spritesheets that have color instead of transparency.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM

It depends on the user. I never used Resource Manager except in Rm2k/3 where it's mandatory because colored transparencies.

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there someplace that has the generator files as they should be after the update.  I have the Steam version and it auto updated which is normally fine, but since it just copied over the Generator files I added and such my generator is a mess.  I just want to erase it and start over.

I have a copy of the original generator files (like you should if you are going to change things), so if someone has just the new stuff that I could add to that, that would work too.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
um how will this effect my current project when implemented?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)
In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ft371pta