Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there someplace that has the generator files as they should be after the update.  I have the Steam version and it auto updated which is normally fine, but since it just copied over the Generator files I added and such my generator is a mess.  I just want to erase it and start over.

I have the same problem as above. All the generator files I added now clashes with the update.

Last edited by a moderator:

therpgfanatic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Nice update. Seems to have fixed some bugs.

Can we get a translation on the help file for the plugins that is included with them? It's entirely written in Japanese, as is the demo game file included. It does seem an attempt was made to translate the plugins themselves, but it's hella confusing as it is entirely Engrish. 

Also is it just me or is  NovelMessage plugin missing from the zip folder?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you explain why you wanted to have the Resource Manager back? I'm curious. I haven't missed it yet.

Personally, It's easier to import / export between projects.

It has less steps to copy files between projects. Since (VXAce) resource manager remember the recent folder they open it

Click export, and save, makes things easier. No need to explore around your (messy) folder project around

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice update. Seems to have fixed some bugs.

Can we get a translation on the help file for the plugins that is included with them? It's entirely written in Japanese, as is the demo game file included. It does seem an attempt was made to translate the plugins themselves, but it's hella confusing as it is entirely Engrish. 

Same here. I'm using steam MV. I haven't seen it. That was the one plugin I really wanted to use. 

This update is great nevertheless.

Kutakuma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there someplace that has the generator files as they should be after the update.  I have the Steam version and it auto updated which is normally fine, but since it just copied over the Generator files I added and such my generator is a mess.  I just want to erase it and start over.

I have a copy of the original generator files (like you should if you are going to change things), so if someone has just the new stuff that I could add to that, that would work too.

Oooh thank you for the updates! I love the new Generator parts!

Then I realise the new update's Generator parts clashes with all the community-made Generator parts I painstakingly added, and now it's all one big clusterfish. Whoops! Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? I did do backups on the original 1.0 Generator folder...

I'm having the same issue! Steam auto-updated and now my Generator is crazy... I have the backup for the original Generator files, but would love a clean slate with the new content to start over with!

Please and thank you!

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for this update, it feels great to see the software evolving and to think about the future.

I'm a little surprised the "KSU_ParallaxSmoothing" plugin is not included (since it was one of the 2 temporary fixes shortly after the initial release), but maybe you gals/guys wait for a next update to put a better version... It's true that the description in the "HELP" (loss in quality? how?) is not very reassuring:

Fixes the blurring for parallax backgrounds if a non-power of 2 background is

used. However, there can be still a small loss in quality. To fix that,

it would be probably necessary to change the way how TilingSprite is

created and rendered, but thats not covered by this plugin since

its probably better to update PIXI.js version.

My guess is that you probably prefer to wait for this update of PIXI or something like that, am I right?

To be honest another problem concerns me more, it about some kind of memory leak after you open the menu too much or simply when you transfer between parallax-based maps, the resources go to the RAM the first time like normal, but when you come back to the same map it happens again and again until the RAM is quickly full. I thought the " Fixed Canvas Mode: Change Parallax Bug " would be about this.

(you can see that very quickly if you have pretty big multi-layer maps)

Here is an interesting plugin trying to fix this really big problem that is worth keeping an eye on: (I found some bugs in it but I'm sure it will get better)

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I didn't expect that much features!! This is awesome!! Thank you thank you thank you!! :D

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anoo.. 

When i use 'unused' feature, it didn't copy some file that needed for plugin... 

Is someone here got same problem? o_O

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, whenever I close the menu after the update, all the moving objects (including the player if arrow keys are being pressed) "jump" forward a bit. That said, the loading times seem WAY lower, so props for that.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A

Yes. It will "forget" any extra folder (like a "fog" folder for example) and it's OK to do it manually since it's supposed to be your custom stuff only. But it forgot some battle animations (makes the game crash) and even some pictures.

(I don't really care tbh, since I prefer to manage my files myself but I wanted to give it a try)

Hehe, I just found nice little new thing that is not mentioned anywhere >> Now we can "drag and drop" any plugin in the list to another position easily.

Hm, whenever I close the menu after the update, all the moving objects (including the player if arrow keys are being pressed) "jump" forward a bit.

Hey you are right, it's like a little "speed up to catch up". (for example if you call the menu when a random moving event just start a new movement)

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes. It will "forget" any extra folder (like a "fog" folder for example) and it's OK to do it manually since it's supposed to be your custom stuff only. But it forgot some battle animations (makes the game crash) and even some pictures.

(I don't really care tbh, since I prefer to manage my files myself but I wanted to give it a try)

yup, me too..

I try to manage it by myself, just wanna to try the feature.. :D

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On another note, when I update my rpg_core.js, my lava or ocean tiles have an incredible lag. I had a back up of my old file so I put it back but does it happen to anyone else ?

It means your computer isn't strong enough to maintain 60 FPS with MV. There is a plugin that will include a fix for you guys later.

So, has anyone got problems with animated tiles after updating their rpg_core.js file ?

I have an awful lag in the tiles themselves (not sure it's called a lag in this case but it's horrible visually).

The way animations are looped for water autotiles was changed since 1.0.1.....Were you using 1.0.0 or what?

Could you elaborate on this/provide a link showing the difference?

Just map with autotiles in Ace and then with MV, the difference is really strong.

I have the same problem as above. All the generator files I added now clashes with the update.

As stated in opening post, you guys should have a backup because there are new parts.

I'll look into it. We're also adding Novel Message.

I'm having the same issue! Steam auto-updated and now my Generator is crazy... I have the backup for the original Generator files, but would love a clean slate with the new content to start over with!

@The Infamous Bon Bon

If both of you are using steam, delete the generator folder. Then right click MV in steam client and find for verify integrity of cache or something like that. It should redownload any missing files of the program.

• Previous Page
  •  

I'm a little surprised the "KSU_ParallaxSmoothing" plugin is not included (since it was one of the 2 temporary fixes shortly after the initial release), but maybe you gals/guys wait for a next update to put a better version... It's true that the description in the "HELP" (loss in quality? how?) is not very reassuring:

To be honest another problem concerns me more, it about some kind of memory leak after you open the menu too much or simply when you transfer between parallax-based maps, the resources go to the RAM the first time like normal, but when you come back to the same map it happens again and again until the RAM is quickly full. I thought the " Fixed Canvas Mode: Change Parallax Bug " would be about this.

(you can see that very quickly if you have pretty big multi-layer maps)

KSU Parallax Smoothing isn't included for many reasons. Ideally you want your parallaxes/textures to be by power of two, like most game dev processes, and not odd number. But people in RM doesn't seem to do this. Therefore since it's unconventional and will remain as an optional plugin. The 'loss in quality' is inevitable if you don't follow standard procedure and mess with the programming maths. It doesn't happen often but it's there.

Canvas Mode is one of the modes of RPG Maker when your computer doesn't support WebGL. There was a bug that it Change Parallax command doesn't work. That's all it is. We only had a month or so to do these fixes and cannot tackle all issues as you guys seem to be thinking. We have received similar comments like this (why isn't x fixed yet). We are aware of the Memory Leak issue however and have explained about this. The latest version of node.js fixes this issue most of the time but it is not in stable version.

Anoo.. 

Check and Read the helpfile for this. It details custom resources added through plugin or folders.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It means your computer isn't strong enough to maintain 60 FPS with MV. There is a plugin that will include a fix for you guys later.

The way animations are looped for water autotiles was changed since 1.0.1.....Were you using 1.0.0 or what?

@The Infamous Bon Bon

I bought an Asus gamer computer 6 months ago. I'm not very good with computer specs, but it's strange that it wouldn't be strong enough.

And yes, I think I'm using 1.0.0 because I had the exact same problem when I updated to 1.0.1.

You say there will be a fix for that in the future ? Because when I say it's horrible, it really is. To the point that I don't see anyone wanting to play a game which has this king of graphic problem (not even myself, lol).

By the way, would you be kind enough to tell me what I'm missing by staying on the RPG_core 1.0.0 ? No need for a list but rather : is there a potential for big bugs that I'm not seeing ?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And yes, I think I'm using 1.0.0 because I had the exact same problem when I updated to 1.0.1.

The reason it was changed because people complained about the lag caused by it. We will have to wait for one of the developers, @Hackerham, to finish the Pixi update in MV before the graphical issue will be sorted. I do not recommend leaving it as is but here's what changed in rpg_core.

rpg_core.js

Sprite.prototype.updateTransform – no longer needs rounding down.
Tilemap.prototype.update – animation frame removed
Tilemap.prototype.refresh – repaint flag removed
Tilemap.prototype.updateTransform – removed a lot of animation checks
Tilemap.prototype._paintTiles – animation frame check moved to here
Tilemap.prototype._drawAutotile – fixed error with variable names

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ideally you want your parallaxes/textures to be by power of two, like most game dev processes, and not odd number. But people in RM doesn't seem to do this. Therefore since it's unconventional and will remain as an optional plugin

Power of 2 like the parallaxes provided in RTPs? :p

Even if we want to do parallaxes with power of 2 (which would be a pain when it comes to set a specific map-size and is supposed to be a thing of the past but anyway), it's simply incompatible with the tile-size (48 is not a power of two, 32 in XP/VX/ACE was, and 16 in 2000/2003 was too), but of course we better use specialized plugins if we want to do parallax-mapping, it's still a popular way to do level-design, therefore many people bought MV with that in mind (it worked great since RM2k), the strange thing is now we can easily fix a parallax with "!" in the name so it moves with the player, but on the other hand it stays in RAM "forever" and is blurry by default.

We only had a month or so to do these fixes and cannot tackle all issues as you guys seem to be thinking.

Trust me I have a huge respect for that and I know perfectly what it is. (I only speak for myself here of course, so please don't think I'm complaining because I don't)

You know, the only thing that matters is to know there is a support and sooner or later the most important issues will be fixed. It feels good to simply know that.

We will have to wait for one of the developers, @Hackerham, to finish the Pixi update in MV before the graphical issue will be sorted

*Happy Face* :)  This is a really good news! (pixi3?^u^?) Maybe this will fix many things in one shot and definitely expand the possibilities a lot.

Thanks for your answer and keep up the good work!

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Awesome, my body is ready for this!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Power of 2 like the parallaxes provided in RTPs? :p

Even if we want to do parallaxes with power of 2 (which would be a pain when it comes to set a specific map-size and is supposed to be a thing of the past but anyway), it's simply incompatible with the tile-size (48 is not a power of two, 32 in XP/VX/ACE was, and 16 in 2000/2003 was too), but of course we better use specialized plugins if we want to do parallax-mapping, it's still a popular way to do level-design, therefore many people bought MV with that in mind (it worked great since RM2k), the strange thing is now we can easily fix a parallax with "!" in the name so it moves with the player, but on the other hand it stays in RAM "forever" and is blurry by default.

The problem is you are thinking the old method, which is bruteforcing with CPU Processor instead of the implementation of WebGL/Video Card, which has a lot of difference! Just because it worked with RM2k/3~ VXA it's very different in MV now because of everything. 48x48 is still divisible by 2 btw (double scale of 24x24). It is also 32 + 16, both of which are powers of 2. Anyway, it's a lot of design decisions by Japan and I'm just relaying the message.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
48x48 is still divisible by 2 btw (double scale of 24x24). It is also 32 + 16, both of which are powers of 2

The problem is that when you create a map you will always specify something that is a multiple of 48 tiles, and it's never going to be a power of 2 (since 48 is not, no matter how we tweek the numbers), so if you want a parallax-map, the picture you will use will be a non-power of two. (unless you add some extra "blank space" at the right and bottom of your image, but you have to agree this would be a waste of data, let's forget about this crazy idea and use a plugin specialized in parallaxes.^_^.)

What I see is that the (officially provided) parallaxes in RTPs are non power of 2, so this "power of 2 restriction bug" was probably not intended by the original team from Japan then. (we speak of provided material, stuff that will be blurry right away if you use them, blurry and stuck in the RAM forever, I doubt it's a "design decision" from them since it looks like an error in the product)

I'm pretty sure everything will be fine at the end. Again I have a huge respect for your work and contributions, I'll be the last one to complain. I understand that for many things you can just "relay" what comes from Japan, and I wish you good luck for what is next.

The problem is you are thinking the old method, which is bruteforcing with CPU Processor instead of the implementation of WebGL/Video Card, which has a lot of difference!

It's fine don't worry I'm aware of the difference and I think it's a good step forward to run under a GPU now.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
If both of you are using steam, delete the generator folder. Then right click MV in steam client and find for verify integrity of cache or something like that. It should redownload any missing files of the program.

I had the same problem and this did the trick! Thanks Archeia!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec (2021)

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
littlezotz