RPG Maker MV Version 1.1 Update + Changelog!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Excuse me guys i already ask in pages before but no one answer me, and i can't find the answer.

The documentation is in japanese, i really dont understand what is "TouchUI" plugin.

Is something like multi touch?

Best

//=============================================================================
// TouchUI.js
//
// (c)2016 KADOKAWA CORPORATION./YOJI OJIMA
//=============================================================================

/*:
 * @plugindesc Change the UI for the touch operation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Yeah but what means Change the UI for the touch operation ?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
It means it changes the UI to be touch friendly. That's all it is.

Makes the buttons big or whatever.

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ok I thought it was something already implemented... i can't be tested on the mobile so I had missed.
Thank you.

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
> If you installed MV already. Get the update.exe etc.

> If you haven't installed MV yet, get the full installer.

@starcrescendo

@Radis3D

AH~~ thanks thanks~~sorry I think I missed/misunderstand the instructions.~~

And so if I want to install RPGMaker MV on different computer, all I have to do is run these new full installer on that computer?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
AH~~ thanks thanks~~sorry I think I missed/misunderstand the instructions.~~

And so if I want to install RPGMaker MV on different computer, all I have to do is run these new full installer on that computer?

Yes. Your store pack links should've updated as well.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
How does it determine unused files? Does it include files that are used via plugins (like maybe an image that is set via plugin parameter) or does it not take that into account and will cause that file to be excluded?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
How does it determine unused files? Does it include files that are used via plugins (like maybe an image that is set via plugin parameter) or does it not take that into account and will cause that file to be excluded?

Yes you have to edit plugins. The helpfile gives some examples.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I didn't know where to put this, so maybe this is the place? I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your efforts of giving us real patches for RPG Maker MV! It's actually a huge deal, because before, it has been the usual japanese released-and-forgotten approach. Now we get patches that increase the functionality of RPG Maker MV! That's so awesome.

I didn't bring this up before, because I didn't fully realize, but with the most recent topics about increasing the possibilities for variable conditions and self switches, I'm extremely hyped about the fact that this is happening (even though there still seems to be some resistance from the developer). Maybe a poll about how much we love patches (to give the gist) could help a bit?

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Woot the features i used often were added to the update! (Was using vx ace then converting due to the initial lack lolz )

Now will there be a backup while play testing plugin in the future?  I use a script like that in vx ace due to unfortunate occurrences constantly happening (gpf's bad sectors, shorts, surges, gremlins etc ). Those backups were lifesaver.

I would code it myself but both my rigs blew last week and I'm waiting on new parts while trying to finish other assignments... if not then I'll dust off the books and pray nothing wrecks my progress....  lucky gods don't fail me now <(ˍ ˍ*)>

Geovid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
Wow... just got an email from rpg maker about a new update. They mean this one from 5 days ago?

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Archeia I finally got a chance to erase the generator files and re-verified in Steam.  It worked great, so thank you.

All the new generator stuff is great guys, thank you again. 

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
WAAAA THIS IS AN UPDATE! GREAT AND FANTASTIC WORK!!!! PLEASE, CONTINUE IN THIS WAY GUYS! YOU ROCK! WE WANT MOOOORE //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif 

AirontinaStudio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi all,

I am relative newbie to using RPGMV.  I really like the program and it has been a pleasure to use.  I do have some questions though.  I downloaded the optimized resources and extracted the zip file.  So now where do I put the files?  Also same thing for the plug-ins.  Lastly the Readme file in the plugins opens up unreadable in Notepad.  Any chance to get a version of the file written in English?  Thanks and keep up the good work!!

Raths Rants

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A love the return of the resource manager. What I really miss is the RTP from VX/Ace. Even stripping down to the basics still leaves you with a 100mb file. It would be nice to see a return of the RTP to boot!

BlissAuthority

Dang, it feels good to be a Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If Steam doesn't automatically update, downloading and running the updater works fine.

ZeroRyoko999

Musician, Map Maker, After Effects User for Hire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think it's already been said, but the next update should have encryption capabilities for deployment.

MORT

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish,English
Primarily Uses
I have put 'animations.json' in the data file, but it says 'Unable to read file Animations.json' whenever I load up my game. Why is this happening?

Same here, luck that i made a backup of my project just before update all this. Please, someone knows something about this error?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 Even stripping down to the basics still leaves you with a 100mb file. It would be nice to see a return of the RTP to boot!

The size has nothing to do with the RTP, which is only a distribution method. The size got increased because the data needed for the minimum game got increased with the new grid size.

A tile in Ace was 32x32, a tile in MV is 48x48 - which means that each tile of MV needs more than two times as much data. But that increase in the gridsize was neccessary to be able to increase the screensize beyond 640x480 and still keep the figures visible (not microscopic)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's raining...in winter :")
I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.
Stream will be live shortly with some art! Going to do a recolor, then start on a new monster! Feel free to drop by!
I've been busy working on other projects this month so I haven't been able to do much towards finishing the prep work for my RPG, but I did brainstorm some interesting ideas for the game.
redrawing one of three my VNM protags

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucansan