TheUnsaid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My project runs in the test engine with webGL just fine.
When I deploy however, the projects decides to run in Canvas.

If I force webGL for the deployed version however, it lags like an insane thing. It looks terrible and webGL should be
GPU accelerated. It makes no sense to me.

I have a GeForce 1080, and an I7 Cpu

I've tried @Archeia's chromium-args addition to the package.json with no luck. WebGL using nwjs-win is just slow, and there's nothing I can do about it. This is true with or w/o encrypted files.

Some help would be appreciated. This is such a strange error. It really has me baffled. How can it be slower... using webGL...
But only when deployed. Inside the test environment it uses webGL NO PROBELM.

Definitely running the newest version as well (1.6)

-- OK --
So after looking at the filesizes of all the files inside of each folder (my output and nwjs-win-test) to see what was different, I noticed two files that seem important but didn't match up in filesize.

They were libGLESv2.dll and libEGL

This is definitely a glitch in the program. The test version has the newest libGLESv2.dll while the regular export of nwjs-win does not.

The fix is simple. Just copy the libGLESv2.dll and libEGL.dll files found in Kadokawa\RPGMV\nwjs-win-test into your deployed game's directory. Better yet, just copy and paste them into your nwjs-win directory so that the fix is permanent for every deployment.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:
anyone else 'round here gonna be doing the retro game jam that's starting in a few days on itch.io?
I also wanted to say that my bro brought back nostalgia and got me a GBA SP for my birthday! Ah, the memories of Pokémon Sapphire and LeafGreen! It came in a gray shell but he ordered a red one so it'd look like the one I had as a kid. It looks brand new!
qhE9zC8.jpg
LsluASM.jpg
It's minus 50 out today, ugh. I'm so freaking cold. =_=;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonalon