RPG Maker MV White Screen NOTHING WORKS!!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to reiterate - it would be helpful if you listed the things you've tried. It's not fair to those trying to help you to spend their time suggesting things that you may have already tried.

Barthdry

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
where do i check if i have opengl
OpenGL is default supported because i am having much older computer than you windows 7 which can run it but i just need to change to a faster RAM 2gb to 4 gb. Even Older ones support it. Also Please explain it properly and don't be in a rush making it bit by bit. Like What did you do before this problem happened? Did you got any configuration change? Any Posts are matching Through Search?

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WAIT apparently i have 32 bit... would that affect it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"whitescreen" is usually a driver problem, and you need to install the correct driver for your display card.
If the wrong driver is installed, the automatic windows driver selections will NOT work, you need to download the correct one from the internet manually to solve the problem then.

@Barthdry no, OpenGL is NOT default supported. It is a competition to Microsoft's DirectX and as such many Microsoft-programmed drivers do not support it fully. And Windows naturally prefers Microsoft drivers if there is a choice between MS-programmed and not MS-programmed.
@IMAKERPGS
You need to install the nVidia driver even if Microsoft claims it to be older - because it is the newer driver from Microsoft that has removed the OGL compatibility from the sound of it.

Last edited:

Barthdry

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java
Primarily Uses
RMMV
where do i check if i have opengl
All version of Windows with an OpenGL implementation . However, if you installed (or updated) the drivers for your graphics card it's probable that you're using your board manufacturer's own implementation of OpenGL. If you have any deep query post it in quora or search google and see. I don't think it is due to absence of OpenGL because it is present in all windows and 10 is latest and hence will support all new requirements.
Also Random Access Memory like 32 bit and 64 bit only will give greater capacity not a white screen. Moreover you said it worked 2 days then how could it have worked.

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok
i have a 2019 version of nvdia geforce how would I update that?
I have a 2020 version of intelR uhd graphics

Ok thanks barthdry

When I said it worked 2 days I meant it worked 2 days ago.

Last edited:

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
at least i recovered my game WAIT SORRY for the double posting I just realised that

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 7

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have a 2019 version of nvdia geforce how would I update that?
you go to the nvidia website and look for the driver package for that display card/chip, download and install it by its setup, forcing it even if windows claims that it has a better driver.

I edited my post above with the explanation of why that is.

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my driver is compatable I sent an attachment above
I have updated my driver now it still doesn't work. Can I have a bit more help

HELLO? HELP!!!

Last edited:

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think i am missing a couple of files.

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THIS IS SO ANNOYING!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@IMAKERPGS STOP double (triple) posting.

I understand you are frustrated, but being impatient and breaking rules is not going to solve your problem any faster.

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok sorry but i have finally updated my drivers and it still doesn't work.
ANYONE have SUGGESTIONS?????
if you do I'm sorry for being rude, if not well...

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Again, it might help if you post everything you’ve tried so that people can help troubleshoot.

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok, I have tried installing new drivers. I have tried the dll file I have tried reinstalling. Calling to god for help. Asking jesus. Praying.......... Updating my drivers again.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you have the steam version or the standalone version?
when is the date of your last windows update? might that be around the time the editor stopped working?

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This should be a stupid question but have you actually tried to open the project by browsing to it from the rpg maker menu since doing all this? If Files had been missing for example when you fixed the issue the game would not auto recognize your project and thus show a white screen.

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have the standalone version not the steam and I don't know what you mean by trying to open the project by browsing to it from the rpg maker menu

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you open rpg maker is there the menu bar across the top or is the entire screen solid white.
I was simply asking if youve tried to open the project after trying the various fixes. You have to browse to the project it wont just open you project, game your developing, automatically.

IMAKERPGS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the entire screen is solid white

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p
Oh boy! COVID19 lockdown again! Good thing I already never go outside! :D
This one is less showing off and more 'I really don't know how I feel about this one.' The 'child' sprite template I made either works great or doesn't at times. (She is a fairy, so I made her small).
Morgan.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MS278