RPG Maker MV won't start

Mihaugoku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
So, i have stopped using RPG Maker MV for a while. But when i opened it today, it crashed. I don't know what causes it, i'm just saying, that it worked just fine earlier. I have updated the drivers, and i am using Windows 7.

V (basically, a crash) V

crash.png

And i don't know if it might help, but i have a debug.log file that says:

[0406/211205:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0406/211205:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()

I'd be grateful, if anyone found a solution to this. And i repeat: MV WAS working earlier!

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it the steam version? If it is, try changing RM's language on it's settings there.

Just a wild guess based on the error message mentioned the localization file.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another possible cause is that it might have been blocked by an antivirus or access protection program.

That happened before as a false-positive, and in that case you need to whitelist the maker with that protection program.

To check that, read the logs from those programs - if they blocked it, then that will be logged in their action history.

Mihaugoku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
I may have found the problem - when opening the RPGMV.exe properties, i have found that the file has indeed been blocked. But after unlocking it gets locked again. I'll reply, when i find the solution to this.

Mihaugoku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Well the file seems to be unlocked now, but maker still won't start. :(  The same error pop-ups every time. I've tried the opengl32.dll file fix, and it doesn't work. I have tried reinstalling MV, but it doesn't work either. I may have tried all of the possible fixes i could. Nothing seems to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ