Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd say lets just wait for the actual program to see what it can really do and what it cannot... But I do hope that if its scripting is something entirely new, that it will be easier to learn and trace...

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow, 50 million for VXA, that is well deserved.

Anyway, this MV (for Mobile Version?) seems pretty decent, let's wait to have a closer look.

I've read the whole topic so far and I see many are concerned about this 48x48 tile size.
(which doesn't necessarily mean HD, the official "HD ready" norm is 1280x720, the real "FULL HD" is 1920x1080, and MV is announced to be 816x624... it's still not wide screen too)

I don't think the 48x48 tile size is an issue for previous resources to be honest; here is a quick rework on what you are afraid to be incompatible Sharm:

3248conv.gif

As you can see, it can work pretty fine. And I just did that as a quick test.
(was trying to see how Koruldia could look in 1.5x size, and it's really great because of the very precise original pixel-work)
If somebody from the staff is interested for my help about previous resources conversion, just ask me.

Now I don't know yet if it would be worth the jump. (my interest is more about performances, and I'm pretty curious about how the full screen upscaling will work).

Last edited by a moderator:

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Looks promising +_+ Might considering moving my current project to this

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
this + palette indexing through graphics gale might be able to maintain a nearly intact aspect to the native pixel size, only needing minor reworks, if at all.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
@KaYsEr:  Oh, did you run one of those upscaling algorithms on it?  It does look better than I expected.  Hmm.

It's one of my personnal graphic script (method) I made for my project Koruldia (for some isolated stuff sometime), and since your ressources have some similarities, the result is quite good.

(if I spend more time on it, could be even better, to fit your colors and specific shapes)

Upscaling algo can give OK results, but keep in mind they usually work like this >> x2 x3 x4 and so on... not x1,5. And most of the time the result is inferior (blurry/with errors etc) unlike this manual thing.

Hey look what my game could look with this 48² pix tile base:

pub48tile.png

And here is the original 32²:

screensat_pub_286.png

Not sure it's the way to go... (I mean, why people want to get rid of pixels nowadays >__< I love them)

What do you think? I like both tbh. (but my dream would be to give choice to the player in option menu -_-)

Something strange... We don't read anything about RGSS in the Famitsu article.

Hope it's not what I fear.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
There seems to be color banding on the effects...  there also seems to be added sharpness which is unnecessary. 

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, there is a little added sharpness on top of the initial conversion. Not super useful indeed, it can be already OK without it.

(especially if we want to be close/consistent to the RTPs (from VX/A) which are kind of blurry imo.)

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The layering system looks unchanged.

That's a shame.

Either Enterbrain is not listening, or the folks who publish the series in the west are not sharing how the western user base feels about the layering system as it stands.

In fact, i don't think there is a lot of sharing about how consumers in the west feel about things in general.

Has anyone ever told them about how folks in the west feel about some of the things in place?

I almost feel like they need to make an RPG Maker specific to the western market.

Because right now, only 2 things about this maker are bugging me, the way auto tiles work and how layering works..

I still prefer how XP did auto tiles and layers.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Um, the layering is the full 3 layers like XP has, it's one of the key selling points. Did you miss that part? I mean, it wouldn't be improved layering if it worked the same as Ace.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Um, the layering is the full 3 layers like XP has, it's one of the key selling points. Did you miss that part? I mean, it wouldn't be improved layering if it worked the same as Ace.
@MikePjr do you think they will advertise like there something like a full 3 layers system, if it the same as VX ace.

Anyhow Do you guys also have plans to release a steam version + Workshop with the new engine on the same day as the engine release.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm guessing mobile/multi-platform support means we finally get hardware rendering. Honestly I'm more excited about that than anything else 

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I would loooove to get my hands on one of the new rtp's autotiles and see how it is set up.

@Kayser: That resizing does look great! Would be a nice solution for Pixel Myth.

l_55c1f127bb1f1.jpg

I dont know, if I like the new sprite style. The head is sooo massive! It was already big in VX/Ace style, but this is really extreme. It looks like a bobblehead doll

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Either Enterbrain is not listening, or the folks who publish the series in the west are not sharing how the western user base feels about the layering system as it stands.

In fact, i don't think there is a lot of sharing about how consumers in the west feel about things in general.

Has anyone ever told them about how folks in the west feel about some of the things in place?
That's a bit rough - assuming our suggestions/requests aren't even being passed onto them. Considering Degica are the distributors of the English version (and ALL non-Japanese versions) and specifically have asked for feedback on numerous things, including bugs and suggestions, why would you accuse them of not passing that information on?

If Enterbrain choose not to listen, or listen but just don't agree with the requests/suggestions, that's one thing. But you still can't make assumptions.

You can NEVER implement EVERYTHING that people ask for. One person asks for 3D. Another asks to NOT have 3D. How can you make them both happy? How many pages long is that suggestions thread? How could they possibly implement ALL the requests made in the time available and still release a product before we're all in nursing homes?

Just wait until it comes out instead of assuming there's nothing great in there. I am certain our requests are being passed on, and Enterbrain chooses to implement those that are in line with their goals for the product.

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Shaz It could be that it's in the whole 35% of the program that hasn't been made yet. With that progress, I'm thinking Winter (Northern Hemisphere winter) equals closer to February than November, though I could always be wrong. We have a quite a while to watch this product develop.

I'm sure Enterbrain and Kadokawa Games have taken our suggestions on how to make the next maker better.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
65% done? Then it will be a while before it can be released. Not to mention it might take extra time for the engine to be translated. >_>   Just curious, though, how many of you guys speak fluent Japanese to be able to translate all those kanji? ;)

I can't disclose anything due to NDA. I can only talk about stuff if they're public but even the info I can give is going to be sparse. I would step in if there are misunderstandings of the revealed features.
Hi. I have an old friend who used to work for the CIA. He was an expert at torturing the enemies to get information from them. Recently, he's been really into RPG Maker and would like to meet you. He says he appreciates what you've done and would like to have a small talk with you about the new program. Would you like to meet him? :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It says automatic 3 layers... XP was manual 3 layers... I'm curious.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
65% done? Then it will be a while before it can be released. Not to mention it might take extra time for the engine to be translated. >_>   Just curious, though, how many of you guys speak fluent Japanese to be able to translate all those kanji? ;)

Hi. I have an old friend who used to work for the CIA. He was an expert at torturing the enemies to get information from them. Recently, he's been really into RPG Maker and would like to meet you. He says he appreciates what you've done and would like to have a small talk with you about the new program. Would you like to meet him? :)
Mostly he don't need to do torturing to get information from a large company. He could just go there ask for info since he a CIA, they have no choice but to comply with the Government level law. Since Government level Law > NDA.

Even if you a close friend with the US president or japan prime minister, Once they request for information They have to comply with the law and break NDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.
Ugh. Head heavy with sick juice. I wish I could work on my stuff. o_O
I'm coming back to my work with Learn RPG Maker MV. Soon I'll be posting previews screenshots for my "paterons"! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aubycringe