Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello RPG Makers!
Thank you for using RPG Maker MZ, as always, we appreciate your support! We hope you are enjoying it so far. The latest update, Version 1.2.1, is now live with some major updates and bug fixes!
Major Updates
  • Windows version of NW.js has been changed from v0.51.0 to v0.48.4. This eliminates problems related to developer tool display and task management.
  • EffekseerForRPGMakerMZ_Ex.js has been updated to "2021/3/6 Release."
Bug Fixes: Editor
  • Fixed a bug where repeatedly opening and closing event commands, including image preview, may cause the software to terminate.
  • Fixed a bug where if you remove and re-add a party member using the event command, the party member's SV graphic will not display.
  • Fixed a bug where if you change an event move route from automatic to custom, it would ignore the first step of the custom route.
  • Fixed a bug that multiple RPG Maker MZ instances could not be started at the same time on the Steam version.
  • Fixed a bug where a warning was displayed asking for permission for the game when trying to launch from rmmzproject.
  • Fixed a bug in which the scroll position of the choice window was not initialized when "Default" is set to none in "Show choices".
  • Fixed a bug that would ignore the wait order written at the end of a "Show Text" text
  • Fixed a bug in which the back of the head of the woman wearing goggles in the lower right of the walking graphic "People 2" does not have a goggle strap.
  • Corrected the typographical error on the help page. The plugin name on the "How to use the official plugin" page was corrected from "Unique Data Loading" to "Unique Data Loader."
  • Fixed a bug that pixi.js does not work properly when updated to a newer version
  • Fixed a bug that audio material with a sample rate less than 22050Hz could not be played on iOS.
How to update your project(s):
  • Create a backup of your project or only its data and js folders. Updating can sometimes cause your project to break so this is for the safety of your hard work!
  • Update your project by going to the Main Tool Bar -> Game -> Update Corescript option.
    1617856247406.png
  • To get the graphical updates, create a new project and copy the following files from the newly created project to your project folder:
    • img/characters/People2.png

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is an issue where Windowskin Bleeding will happen on certain dimensions because of a bug fix. For information about the issue:
1617856413819.png

The Fix:
Look for this in the core script
Code:
Window.prototype._refreshBack = function() {
    const m = this._margin;
    const w = Math.max(0, this._width - m * 2);
    const h = Math.max(0, this._height - m * 2);
    const sprite = this._backSprite;
    const tilingSprite = sprite.children[0];
    // [Note] We use 95 instead of 96 here to avoid blurring edges.
    sprite.bitmap = this._windowskin;
    sprite.setFrame(0, 0, 95, 95);
    sprite.move(m, m);
    sprite.scale.x = w / 95;
    sprite.scale.y = h / 95;
    tilingSprite.bitmap = this._windowskin;
    tilingSprite.setFrame(0, 96, 96, 96);
    tilingSprite.move(0, 0, w, h);
    tilingSprite.scale.x = 96 / w;
    tilingSprite.scale.y = 96 / h;
    sprite.setColorTone(this._colorTone);
};

And replace it with this:
Code:
Window.prototype._refreshBack = function() {
    const m = this._margin;
    const w = Math.max(0, this._width - m * 2);
    const h = Math.max(0, this._height - m * 2);
    const sprite = this._backSprite;
    const tilingSprite = sprite.children[0];
    sprite.bitmap = this._windowskin;
    sprite.setFrame(0, 0, 96, 96);
    sprite.move(m, m);
    sprite.scale.x = w / 96;
    sprite.scale.y = h / 96;
    tilingSprite.bitmap = this._windowskin;
    tilingSprite.setFrame(0, 96, 96, 96);
    tilingSprite.move(0, 0, w, h);
    tilingSprite.scale.x = 96 / w;
    tilingSprite.scale.y = 96 / h;
    sprite.setColorTone(this._colorTone);
};

However, upon applying this fix, it will cause the battle status window to bleed. As seen from this issue:
pasted-2021.01.09-16.44.45.png

I provided a different fix solutions for it (it's really bad and only temporary). Simply make a snippet for now using this until we fix it officially:
Code:
(function($) {
//=============================================================================
// ** Window_Base
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// The game object class for the party. Information such as gold and items is
// included.
// Alias Listing
$.Window__onWindowskinLoad = Window.prototype._onWindowskinLoad;
// * [On Load] Windowskin Texture
Window.prototype._onWindowskinLoad = function() {
  // If Windowskin exists remove smooth effect
  if (this._windowskin) { this._windowskin.smooth = false; }
  // Run Original Function
  $.Window__onWindowskinLoad.call(this);
};

})(this);

Last edited:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for all you do, Archeia. You're a pretty wonderful help to the community.

Oh, and people should be happy with the update. Can't wait to update MZ myself later.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yep 40 minutes after the update I'm already running PIXI 6.0.2. Feels good, love this update! :LZSexcite:

edit: Either PIXI 6.0.2 or this update fixes the issue with PIXI Text drop shadow displaying the wrong color. Excellent!

Last edited:

TMS

Guy with Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How do I update to this version? The link in the email does nothing.

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How do I update to this version? The link in the email does nothing.
The link in the email worked fine from here. Did you get MZ from the Degica store, or Steam?

If Steam, you need to update through Steam. If it was bought here, the link is to an exe file and some browsers don't like such links (or just need a minute to get the download started so it can scan it first).
Try right clicking and choosing "save link as" (or whatever your browser calls it). The other option is to go directly to the store download page and get it there.

Hope that helps.

fugahagen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can I get this if I'm still using the demo version? I have a whole week left!

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Add this ->
  • Fixed a bug where a warning was displayed asking for permission for the game when trying to launch from rmmzproject.

to the already growing list of problems that MV is experiencing. May I ask why MZ keeps getting the fixes and MV just gets forgotten about? This is 2 updates now to MZ and 0 for MV when MV had a lot of the same problems as MZ did in the beginning and I reported it to support, even made a thread about it early enough to.
*EDIT: Now keep in mind I have preordered both game engines and paid full price. I would love to just pack my game ups and move to MZ given the fact its now twice as superior as mv for being 64 bit while mv remains 32 bit but I can't. I do realize this creates problems but this is not our fault and we still have no fixes and its hard for me to sit back and read the same bugs with MZ getting fixed while mv remains untouched. I love rpg maker but... this is just not cool I've worked years on my game and went without any money cause it had to go to Corpse Mansion. I'm sorry I am not trying to be angry or mean, just I've done my part and I feel helpless other than to voice my opinion.

Last edited:

Choraß

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for fixed the multiple instances and the permission bug. :thumbsup-right:

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Multiple instances are back! Yes! I needed those, because otherwise it is annoying to remember the MAP### number of the other project and transfer it to my current project.

It also would suck to fix up all my events only for the editor to randomly close at the end of it all. Fortunately, I didn't come across this one.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great. No more annoying Steam messages, and projects can be easily opened again.

However, I still have one problem:

Untitled.png

Will this ever be fixed? Apparently, it only happens to a small number of people. But I can't update the corescript if this problem still persists.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No idea. AMD always gives us problems and even then it's random. If we can't replicate it we can't fix it so you have to wait for Japan to finally be able to replicate it.

rooge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The new update also presents the same problem with the use of the "Show text" command, when the background of the window extends beyond the right edge of the frame.

BG_A.png

This has already been reported to the developers on the JP forum.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The new update also presents the same problem with the use of the "Show text" command, when the background of the window extends beyond the right edge of the frame.

This has already been reported to the developers on the JP forum.

Check the 2nd post too please.

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still have that issue where when I click in the open project, the dialog window opens and afterwards the application crashes. I have been digging into this and I don't really have a very reasonable answer for this issue. First, let me post the xml of the error

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-04-14T22:20:28.6445267Z" />
<EventRecordID>114426</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Shifter</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>RPGMZ.exe</Data>
<Data>1.2.1.0</Data>
<Data>606a60cc</Data>
<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>10.0.19041.928</Data>
<Data>9bed63d6</Data>
<Data>c0000374</Data>
<Data>00000000000ff0b9</Data>
<Data>2e5c</Data>
<Data>01d7317c413c0e92</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files\KADOKAWA\RPGMZ\RPGMZ.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>9e4244b3-d286-49e3-8bb4-2e4bbe47f028</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

The error is listed as conflicting with ntdll.dll in Windows 10 with the exception code 0xc0000374. As far as I have been able to investigate, this error seems to be triggered on one of the following instances.
1.- First, when there is another software that is already using ntdll.dll, this usually happens when there is a monitoring software or another software that is already looking or browsing the file system in the OS.
2.- When the application is x64 but is using a x32 file system software search which may cause a conflict between the application and the file system.

Microsoft has had instances where this issue has presented in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Access and has a certain steps to try to fix. The steps basically means updating ntdll.dll, however this is usually updated with Windows Update. I have followed all steps that are in my reach and none have been able to solve the problem.
The only step that I cannot do is the last step, that the application developer updates the software in order to handle the situation in which it might have an issue with ntdll.dll. Aparently what they mean is that the software developer must force the application to use the x64 version of the ntdll.dll instead of the x32 version since they are in different folders.

I don't know if this would make sense to the developers of the editor (RPGMZ.exe), probably they could look into this issue with more a more clear perspective.

I hope this helps to reproduce or at least gives an idea where to look, given that I have done everything that is in my reach with what I have to look into it.

Thanks in advance

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Fixed a bug that multiple RPG Maker MZ instances could not be started at the same time on the Steam version."

Yes! Thanks so much!!

auradev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Getting player reports about 1.2.1 not working on MAC for my game.
Does anybody else share similar experiences?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Getting player reports about 1.2.1 not working on MAC for my game.
Does anybody else share similar experiences?
Hi, can you give me all their Mac Specs so we know what version of Mac doesn't work? Including their OS version please.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I still have that issue where when I click in the open project, the dialog window opens and afterwards the application crashes. I have been digging into this and I don't really have a very reasonable answer for this issue. First, let me post the xml of the error

The error is listed as conflicting with ntdll.dll in Windows 10 with the exception code 0xc0000374. As far as I have been able to investigate, this error seems to be triggered on one of the following instances.
1.- First, when there is another software that is already using ntdll.dll, this usually happens when there is a monitoring software or another software that is already looking or browsing the file system in the OS.
2.- When the application is x64 but is using a x32 file system software search which may cause a conflict between the application and the file system.

Microsoft has had instances where this issue has presented in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Access and has a certain steps to try to fix. The steps basically means updating ntdll.dll, however this is usually updated with Windows Update. I have followed all steps that are in my reach and none have been able to solve the problem.
The only step that I cannot do is the last step, that the application developer updates the software in order to handle the situation in which it might have an issue with ntdll.dll. Aparently what they mean is that the software developer must force the application to use the x64 version of the ntdll.dll instead of the x32 version since they are in different folders.

I don't know if this would make sense to the developers of the editor (RPGMZ.exe), probably they could look into this issue with more a more clear perspective.

I hope this helps to reproduce or at least gives an idea where to look, given that I have done everything that is in my reach with what I have to look into it.

Thanks in advance

Just to let you know I reported this issue.

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I run MZ in dark mode and have the transparency colours adjusted in options so that I have a dark blue and black check. This used to be the same in the tileset area and also within events and the system panels where images are displayed. It is now only showing in the tileset panel and everywhere else is a stark black and white check that makes it extremely difficult (for my eyes anyway) to look at and actually very hard to see what the graphic is against it in some instances. I'm dashed if I can see any way to change it. This has coincided with my running the update, so I presume this is a bug - or have I done something weird?

Screenshot 2021-04-30 155643.pngScreenshot 2021-04-30 155557.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's been so long... lol
Theydies and gentlethems, presenting Touch the Stars character #1: Anna Smith and her transformed form, Sagittaria!1624568259771.png
Anyone seen Dsiver around?
I wish character bust packs had options for both side-facing and front-facing for the same characters.
Looks like I'm going to have to cancel another game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huffs