Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Banner_01.png
Hello RPG Makers!

The latest update, Version 1.3.3 is live! Thank you for using RPG Maker MZ. As always, we appreciate your support! We hope you are enjoying it so far.

Download Link

Bug Fixes
How to update your project(s):
  • Create a backup of your project or only its data and js folders. Updating can sometimes cause your project to break so this is for the safety of your hard work!
  • Update your project by going to the Main Tool Bar -> Game -> Update Corescript option.
    1631616179151.png
  • To get the graphical updates, create a new project and copy the following files from the newly created project to your project folder:
    • img/tilesets/Outside_A1.png
    • img/tilesets/Outside_A4.png
Before Reporting Issues / Bugs:
  • Make sure that your steam client is done updating if you are using the steam version. If there are issues, restart the client first.
  • If you encounter a bug, remember the following:
  • If the bug happens with Tiny Project:
    • Get a video and upload in Streamable. Then link in your post.
    • Upload the Tiny Project that has your issue in Google Drive. Then link in your post.
    • Post your PC specs. It must include your OS, RAM, Video Card.
  • If it's an editor bug, make sure to show us step by step on how to replicate the issue.
    • Get a video and upload in Streamable. Then link in your post.
  • If you cannot replicate the bug with Tiny Project, then it's a different issue and you should post in support instead.
Remember that bug reports are a serious issue. If you report without doing due diligence, it makes other users unwilling to update and gives us developers more work replicating an issue that may or may not exist.

Happy Game Making!

Last edited:

DanielTsc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
After today's update, the editor map is not working anymore.

The grid is not corresponding to mouse position and the square selector is not being aligned.

I've have even created a new project from scratch, but the issue persists.

I'm unable to use RPG Maker MZ. Please help!

Captura de Tela (249).png

Decinbr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
brazil
Primarily Uses

The grid is not corresponding to mouse position and the square selector is not being aligned.

View attachment 201194
Thanks for your report

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

View attachment 201194
Did you uninstall and reinstall. I asked a few users that installed the setup and didn't get that problem.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@DanielTsc Well that is weird. have you tried full fresh reinstall? Also, if you can tell us a bit about your computer (processor/graphics card/OS/etc).

Also, if anyone else has the same issue if you can give us info about your computer as well to see if we can identify any commonalities.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can any steam users confirm (or deny) that this version also can't be started up without starting up steam first, just like 1.2? I haven't tried yet and don't really want to budge from 1.1.1 if that's the case.

DanielTsc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you uninstall and reinstall. I asked a few users that installed the setup and didn't get that problem.

Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Mine is the Steam version. I did it all through steam.

@DanielTsc Well that is weird. have you tried full fresh reinstall? Also, if you can tell us a bit about your computer (processor/graphics card/OS/etc).

Also, if anyone else has the same issue if you can give us info about your computer as well to see if we can identify any commonalities.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled from steam, but the issue persists. How do I do this full fresh reinstall?

These are my computers specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
8 Gb RAM
Windows 10 Pro
VGA Geforce GTX 960M and onboard Intel HD Graphics 530

EDIT:

Hi, guys. I guess it was some issue with Steam.

I've clicked to run RPGMaker as Administrator and it worked. So I rebooted my machine and when entered Steam again, steam applied an update to itself and then RPGMaker started working fine again.

Thank you all for the replies.

Can any steam users confirm (or deny) that this version also can't be started up without starting up steam first, just like 1.2? I haven't tried yet and don't really want to budge from 1.1.1 if that's the case.

Yes, here it only works when steam is opened.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Yes it can start independently. At least from my side.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just tried it and...while yeah it can be launched independently, it still forces Steam to load in the process.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just tried it and...while yeah it can be launched independently, it still forces Steam to load in the process.
Oof I closed steam on my side and it didn't load while RM ran. I guess I should try it again later.

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Installed new version with steam version, no issues so far.

Synchromystic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Mac user here, and I'm having a huge problem with the battle system all of a sudden: I can choose literally any command and at the end of the turn, no animations play at all -- players don't move, enemies don't move -- and yet the turn ends, and it asks me for commands again. I think this is actually due to the latest Visustella plugins update, rather than the Corescript Update, but it seems to have made the game pretty much unplayable. At least one other user seems to be having the same issue:

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 4.11.42 PM.png

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you tested it with a clean project with NO plugins at all?

Synchromystic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I believe it's the BattleCore plugin, removing that eliminates the problem. Thankfully I still have the previous version lying around, but I guess the Visustella team has some major bug exterminating to do.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oof I closed steam on my side and it didn't load while RM ran. I guess I should try it again later.
You can load most apps and games from steam in offline mode.
DRM requires authentication.
Turn off wifi, unplug cable, etc. Open RM.
Steam login appears, enter password.
Prompt appears to try again or offline mode.
Select offline mode.
Reconnect internet.
Will not connect to steam online until you restart steam.
Tray icon shows "Steam: Offline".
*online connection to steam required for updates, first-run, and first-run after updates*

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can load most apps and games from steam in offline mode.
DRM requires authentication.
Turn off wifi, unplug cable, etc. Open RM.
Steam login appears, enter password.
Prompt appears to try again or offline mode.
Select offline mode.
Reconnect internet.
Will not connect to steam online until you restart steam.
Tray icon shows "Steam: Offline".
*online connection to steam required for updates, first-run, and first-run after updates*
While all those backflips and cartwheels are an option, they're a bit of an inconvenience and far from ideal. I guess what I'm hoping will eventually come back is the functionality in v1.1.1 where Steam just...isn't a factor at all unless you want it to be. As in: Steam is closed. I click a direct link to RMMZ's exe. RMMZ opens. No Steam to deal with at all in the entire process.

I was hoping it was a bug that surfaced back in the v1.2 update that would eventually get fixed, but the fact that it's still a thing now means it's probably not. (Or maybe I'm the only person bothered by it, idk) Thankfully I can still keep current in Steam-free v1.1.1 by copying the more recent nw builds, corescripts, etc into the appropriate folders. Not ideal, but the best option there is right now I guess.

FarOutFighter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Mac user here, and I'm having a huge problem with the battle system all of a sudden: I can choose literally any command and at the end of the turn, no animations play at all -- players don't move, enemies don't move -- and yet the turn ends, and it asks me for commands again. I think this is actually due to the latest Visustella plugins update, rather than the Corescript Update, but it seems to have made the game pretty much unplayable. At least one other user seems to be having the same issue:

View attachment 201742
I also experienced that problem with VisuStella after their update. I had to revert back to their previous version.

Anyway, the square map tool stopped working for me today, out of the blue. It makes a rectangle, but there is an issue with it. I cannot resize once i make the square. Its hard to explain. I restarted my computer, but that didnt work, so i just turned it off. I updated MZ several days ago, so Idk if its that or something on my end. Just wanted to report.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I also experienced that problem with VisuStella after their update. I had to revert back to their previous version.

Anyway, the square map tool stopped working for me today, out of the blue. It makes a rectangle, but there is an issue with it. I cannot resize once i make the square. Its hard to explain. I restarted my computer, but that didnt work, so i just turned it off. I updated MZ several days ago, so Idk if its that or something on my end. Just wanted to report.
Did you try the updates from 23, September, 2021 Update #58?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This is too vague. Show me a video. I can't replicate it at all.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuangou