Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Banner_01.png
Hello RPG Makers!
Thank you for using RPG Maker MZ, as always, we appreciate your support! We hope you are enjoying it so far. The latest update, Version 1.4.0, is now live with some major updates and bug fixes!

Download Link

Major Updates
  • Added an option to create spritesheet based animations in the same format as RPG Maker MV.1639040023648.png
  • Update to Effekseer version for better performance on animation rendering.
    • Also, it is now possible to have multiple animations playing at once on mobile
Minor Updates
  • Update to the launch plugins "ChangeSelectItemWindowMZ.js", "EventReSpawn.js", "TemplateEvent.js" "EffekseerForRPGMakerMZ_Ex.js"
  • Update to the official plugins "PluginCommonBase.js", "RegionBase.js"
  • Adding routines to prevent the editor from closing down unexpectedly.
  • Fixed a bug with text spacing when using proportional fonts depending on display speed.
  • Fixed a bug where you would lose if you use a skill with the Special Effect: Flee on all actors.
  • Fixed the text position on some badly placed tutorial assets.
  • Fixed the non calculation of time under 1s for conditional branching based on timer.
  • Fixed a bug with the plugin command menu where it was displaying plugins that are not activated in the plugin manager or have any commands to use.
  • Effekseer animations should now pause when the window is not active.
  • Fixed a bug where if you used a "Forced battle action" during the end of turn resolution it will activate twice.
  • Fixed the filename of one asset used in the floating shrine.
    • In the case you used or based a map on the flying shrine before v1.4.0.
    • If you select "remove unused files" during deployment.
    • Your project might fail if uploaded on a web server: Failed to load
    • If that is the case, please set again the parallax of your map to IslandofSky1
  • New sample maps in (dlc/RemakeMapResourcePack)
  • New NPC assets in (dlc/NpcResourcePack)
How to update your project(s):
  • Create a backup of your project or only its data and js folders. Updating can sometimes cause your project to break so this is for the safety of your hard work!
  • Update your project by going to the Main Tool Bar -> Game -> Update Corescript option.1639036915661.png
  • To get the graphical updates, create a new project and copy the following files from the newly created project to your project folder:
    • img/parallaxes/IslandOfSky1.png
Before Reporting Issues / Bugs:
  • Make sure that your steam client is done updating if you are using the steam version. If there are issues, restart the client first.
  • If you encounter a bug, remember the following:
  • If the bug happens with Tiny Project:
    • Get a video and upload in Streamable. Then link in your post.
    • Upload the Tiny Project that has your issue in Google Drive. Then link in your post.
    • Post your PC specs. It must include your OS, RAM, Video Card.
  • If it's an editor bug, make sure to show us step by step on how to replicate the issue.
    • Get a video and upload in Streamable. Then link in your post.
  • If you cannot replicate the bug with Tiny Project, then it's a different issue and you should post in support instead.
Remember that bug reports are a serious issue. If you report without doing due diligence, it makes other users unwilling to update and gives us developers more work replicating an issue that may or may not exist.

Happy Game Making!

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes... I really like the option to add Effekseer animations, but I missed simple animations from MV. For some purposes I prefered the MV one, now we can use both of them! So happy! Thank you.

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sounds awesome and I'm very happy that you released it on my birthday! :D

(still waiting for MZ to go on sale before buying it, though!)

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm excited about the new sample maps! I've never added new sample maps before, so how does it work? I noticed the DLC folder has new tilesets, so I guess I have to put those into the database? Then, how do I access the actual sample maps? What folder do I transfer them to so I can load them in the editor?

EDIT: Never mind, there are instructions in the readme.pdf found in the RemakeMapResourcePack folder. Very helpful and easy to do!

Last edited:

hahayes12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aaand ever since updating my battles no longer have any GUI.
Great.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you using a plugin that effects the ui? If so it's likely it needs to be updated too.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes... I really like the option to add Effekseer animations, but I missed simple animations from MV. For some purposes I prefered the MV one, now we can use both of them! So happy! Thank you.

Agreed! I'll admit that I prefer to use the animation setup from VX Ace/MV and that's what I'm planning to use for the battle/battler animations. Having said that, the particle system is still useful and there are effects similar to what you find on Final Fantasy VI (or Final Fantasy III if you go by the original US localization name of the game) that can only be done and achieved with Effekseer, so there's room for both animation styles. Not to mention, it's possible to do 2D sprite animation through Effekseer. However, at the moment and the last time I checked, the MV animation system has the hue adjuster, which Effekseer didn't seem to have (yet), and has the ability to Hide Target*, which the particle system doesn't seem to have. Both, the particle system and the MV animation system, will have their advantages and disadvantages, so it will be good to have both available at the same time, giving game designers more options for creating games.

* The ability to Hide Target is good of Battler Animation.

Ami

World Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
since MZ Animation Preview got Blind in my Machine,i can use that feature in peace right now

My Question: does MV animation data could transfered in MZ data folder?

Edit: okay,it's done

Last edited:

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure if the same folks who officially post here are the ones that post the update info on Steam, but the info on steam lacks that initial image that displays the fact that you can make an animation a spritesheet animation via the context menu, nor does it mention it. I spent like a half hour trying to sort out how that worked until I ended up on this post.

Maybe someone with the power should update it?

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First off, I don't know if I should make a new thread for this, and it has to do with the 1.4.0 update, so I'm putting it here.

I appreciate the effort to remake MV's sample maps for MZ. Some of them, like the Business District, look pretty okay:
City Sample.JPG

But, uh...are they supposed to look like this?
Anyone up for some zero-g disco?
Space Station Sample.JPG

This school doesn't have the budget to renovate.
Classroom Sample.JPG

And this hospital has blue floors. Why?
Hospital Snip.JPG

That's a lot of floor lighting.
Military Base Sample.JPG

I did exactly what the instructions said, but some of the tiles in the sets might be in the wrong place. I get they're supposed to be the MZ assets so you don't have to own another engine, but...some of them feel like they were randomly spliced together or something. And yes, I checked that they're using the "MV-placement" tilesets.

Now, I have MV, so I could just import MV's tiles directly and everything would look fine. But not everyone has MV (or VXA, for that matter; I haven't even looked at that pack). I could change them in the editor, but isn't the idea not to have to do a lot of editing to the sample? Maybe a future update could freshen these up a bit?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...and the Steam version still requires Steam to be running, and cannot be launched on its own without also firing up Steam in the background. I guess I should stop beating this drum because at this point, I'm just going to go ahead and guess this is the (unfortunate) intended behavior.

This is what I get for buying the Steam version I guess. Absolute regret.

Anyway thanks for the MV compatibility. That's nice at least.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sounds awesome and I'm very happy that you released it on my birthday! :D

(still waiting for MZ to go on sale before buying it, though!)
Now is your chance.. MZ is on sale!

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cool, I've been waiting for this. Only thing that is a bit of a shame is that it doesn't seem that I can copy and paste animation settings directly from my MV editor into my MZ editor.

It's not a huge deal, since I can get around it by dropping a MZ project file into the MV project and then opening it with MZ and then doing my copy/paste business... but it'd still be nice not to have to do the extra step.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...and the Steam version still requires Steam to be running, and cannot be launched on its own without also firing up Steam in the background.
I don't know about intended behavior, necessarily, but I believe it's the case for anything you buy through Steam - it requires Steam to be running for the embedded DRM.

At least, of the Steam games I own, those that I've tried to launch separately have all failed. Once I figured out the pattern, I stopped trying, so I won't claim to have tested it exhaustively.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know about intended behavior, necessarily, but I believe it's the case for anything you buy through Steam - it requires Steam to be running for the embedded DRM.

At least, of the Steam games I own, those that I've tried to launch separately have all failed. Once I figured out the pattern, I stopped trying, so I won't claim to have tested it exhaustively.
Most steam games use the DRM, but it's not required to sell or distribute a game through their system. I have a handful of games (and RMMZ 1.1.1) that can launch without any steam involvement whatsoever.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a handful of games (and RMMZ 1.1.1) that can launch without any steam involvement whatsoever.
Gotcha. I'd be happier if MV didn't do it, either, but not enough so to re-purchase it from the Web store...

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
  • Update to Effekseer version for better performance on animation rendering.
    • Also, it is now possible to have multiple animations playing at once on mobile

Might be a daft question but how do you update Effekseer?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Might be a daft question but how do you update Effekseer?
The update of the core scripts will update the underlying libraries for effekseer as well (what I observed when peeking at the core script changes). You shouldn't have to take any other steps.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like this new update, haven't taken advantage of the new features but looking through the new sample maps were cool and the VX Ace ones took me back and made me nostalgic for the old VX days back ten years ago.

As the new NPC assets, wish there were more but its alright.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hang on, let me get my glasses...
giphy.gif
Bust Status 1!
Animated lipsynch as well as lineart. Just lineart so far...
Ramona Expression 1-2 L.gifRamona Expression 1-1 L.gifRamona Bust 1C.png
2 FPS 5 FPS Static
SF_People3_7 added!
index.php

Anyone want dynamically soft shadow? :kaohi:
1643106068630.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlssonss